Author Topic: I admit.. I'm very impressed with British House of Commons Debates  (Read 679 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
It easily surpasses anything they do in America, as far as holding the president accountable and demanding answers to questions.  I should hate Tony Blair for killing so many Muslims in Iraq and Afganistan, etc... but I do give him props for the way he responds to tough questions over and over, without more than a moments thought, and he's also very clever and humorous at the same time.  I was very impressed at how organized these proceedings are and they challenge Blair and hold him accountable, and he has to answer them directly, and it's very loud and noisy in the room with many different parties represented but somehow they are able to at the same time organize and manage everything in a very polite way.

Don't know much about it, but I was able to view this on CSpan a few times and I'd probably be right in saying no country has anything that can compare to it.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: I admit.. I'm very impressed with British House of Commons Debates
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 08:48:10 AM »
It's contrived polite theatre....I don't see where Tony Blair has been held to account at all, in fact if you look at the policies of the respective parties there is nothing that distinguishes one from the other. I posted this on another forum but since you brought up this subject the points are all the more poignant.

Why is everyone obsessed with this need to tribalise, "oh it's the lefts ideas" the "damn right wingers". Each of the major parties is defined along with one of these lines or we have this nonsense of the centrists etc. If this is true then why is it when these parties are in opposition, they attack these policies, yet more often than not when they get into power none of these laws or policies are changed. The status quo is maintained regardless of who is in power.

Examples,
Labour used to attack the conservatives for their stealth taxing and then when labour come to power stealth taxes rise exponentially.

These terror laws are criticised and castigated and yet without the co-operation of the tories these laws would never have come to pass.

For all the criticism, some more scathing than others, when have we heard the tories pledge to scrap these laws?

How many of these laws which reduce civil rights are scrapped?

Labour attack the conservatives for beaurocracy, yet as soon as new labour shoot to prominence, big government becomes ever bigger.

Labour rounds on the conservatives for not preserving the integrity of the english countryside and yet then redefines the green belt to allow the destruction of the green belt to continue.

The conservatives use the Iraq War as a battering ram to weaken and mock the labour party but they voted for the damn war.

Semantical word games are launched which attempt to persuade the potential voter of "prudence" and yet government spending under both parties would remain by and large identical.

Even on the politics show of all places, there is a growing acceptance and admittance that nothig clearly distinguishes one party from the other, it's more about the presentation and the perception of the politicians themselves.

We had the tired fake contrived image that the conservatives were against labour becoming ever more immersed in allow european law to supercede sovereign law, with their slogan "in europe not run by europe" yet they are not offering anything different.

Different faces same management

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 10:50:46 AM »

You misunderstand me.  I wasn't talking at all about left, right wingers, or any of that type of stuff.

All I was saying was that the House Of Commons does offer a system of organized, polite, debate, that surpasses anything else I've seen.  I admit I probably used the wrong word when I said "held accountable".

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 10:58:48 AM »
its certainly entertaining stuff when a hot debate is, and you have to be very inteligent and quick on your feet if you have any hope of surviving. The best debates were back in labours first term when william haig was the leader of the opposition

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 11:17:59 AM »
I understand what you are saying and it can be amusing and heated but the fact is the debates do not have a real effect. Like I said, it is theatre albeit funny theatre at times, it is very easy to be lured into it and engrossed in it but it's a very artificial environment which you are viewing.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 03:32:36 PM by virtuoso »

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 02:50:12 PM »
virtuoso is right

u can vote for tories all you like, and get them in, but they still gonna be fucking something up

you cant please everyone

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 03:00:41 PM »
it aint like the cornfields of the midwest like where you're from bryguy. dazzling isnt it? 

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 03:11:02 PM »
most of the problems stem from the civil service...........

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 08:52:53 PM »
It easily surpasses anything they do in America, as far as holding the president accountable and demanding answers to questions.  I should hate Tony Blair for killing so many Muslims in Iraq and Afganistan, etc... but I do give him props for the way he responds to tough questions over and over, without more than a moments thought, and he's also very clever and humorous at the same time.  I was very impressed at how organized these proceedings are and they challenge Blair and hold him accountable, and he has to answer them directly, and it's very loud and noisy in the room with many different parties represented but somehow they are able to at the same time organize and manage everything in a very polite way.

Don't know much about it, but I was able to view this on CSpan a few times and I'd probably be right in saying no country has anything that can compare to it.

canada

Chief

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 06:19:18 AM »
england has a prime minister not a president.. fyi.

and australia has similar shit poppin off. but in australia it's funny as, they just give eachother shit the whole time.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 06:58:17 AM »
I should hate Tony Blair for killing so many Muslims in Iraq and Afganistan, etc...

You should also hate the Muslim terrorists who also have been killing so many Muslims in Iraq and Afganistan, etc... but you seem to let them slide, so I guess it's not too far fetched for you to let Blair slide too. ;)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 07:46:35 AM »
I should hate Tony Blair for killing so many Muslims in Iraq and Afganistan, etc...

You should also hate the Muslim terrorists who also have been killing so many Muslims in Iraq and Afganistan, etc... but you seem to let them slide, so I guess it's not too far fetched for you to let Blair slide too. ;)
you got it twisted man muslims are supreme beings and they're always right, never do anything wrong - even when they kill each other and even more so when killing non muslims.

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 09:23:25 AM »
australia has similar shit poppin off. but in australia it's funny as, they just give eachother shit the whole time.

Ha true, parliamentary priviledge has ended a lot of politicians careers in the past.

As for the topic; I think Blair had quite a lot going for his legacy in the beginning but lost it when he decided to play a major role in the US invasion and ever since then it's progressed down hill. I think stepping down now would at least give his party any sort of chance and would see him avioding anymore scandals i.e. recent cash for honours.

Whether you agree or disagree with what he said in his final address at the Labour Party Conference, that speech was quality. I think Cameron would best suit a new direction for Britian even though i didn't really like his style in the begining, mainly for appearing to be trying to hard to be seen as commoner. Don't really trust Brown, even more so now after the budget was announced in which he appears to be applying more pressure on the pockets of the lower class.
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 12:32:57 PM »

It's not Muslims killing Muslims in Iraq; but rather it is Muslims killing those Iraqi's who are benefiting and aiding America's occupation.  Same thing in Afganistan.  As Malcolm X would say, the Muslims are having to go and kill all the Uncle Tom's in Afganistan and Iraq.

LOL... one time Malcolm X was talking about China's old revolution and he said, "So they went and killed all the Uncle Tom's".

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 01:11:29 PM »

It's not Muslims killing Muslims in Iraq; but rather it is Muslims killing those Iraqi's who are benefiting and aiding America's occupation.  Same thing in Afganistan.  As Malcolm X would say, the Muslims are having to go and kill all the Uncle Tom's in Afganistan and Iraq.

LOL... one time Malcolm X was talking about China's old revolution and he said, "So they went and killed all the Uncle Tom's".

Your dumbest post ever , so who is benefitting the shia ,so they should all be killed ,u realise the only iraqis benefiting are those who are in the goverment ,people are getting the heads chopped of just because there names are ali,hassan,etc(shia) or omar,othman,etc(sunni).poeple getting blown away because they go to the wrong mosque or the market in the wrong area.well most of this shit was sparked due to the occupation, but the fact is sunnis are killin shias and the other way around(thats excluding the christians).blaming the invasion won't help us in any way.
United Arab States