Author Topic: Chamillionaire fans will have to wait till June  (Read 376 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Chamillionaire fans will have to wait till June
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 10:17:14 AM »
^^ You shouldnt trust rappers like that. How many up and coming rappers said that ? I love this sentence the most "when I drop my debut there aint gonna be no love songs or that club bullshit". And we all know what happens next.

Dont get me wrong I love Cham but take a look at his first single. Its definetly not not following the trends.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 10:40:38 AM »
^^ You shouldnt trust rappers like that. How many up and coming rappers said that ? I love this sentence the most "when I drop my debut there aint gonna be no love songs or that club bullshit". And we all know what happens next.

Dont get me wrong I love Cham but take a look at his first single. Its definetly not not following the trends.

LOL, you'll have to give me some specific examples cuz I don't know any mainstream rappers that say "there ain't gonna be any love songs / club bullshit".  So please back that statement up. 

But yeah, look at Cham's single.  It's def upbeat and in the same vein as his other singles.  But like I said, he's miles away from what most mainstream rappers are today which is that he flows on time, is lyrical, and isn't lazily freestyling and using retarded phors that don't work.  He's not reliant on solely his beats or ultra super catchy overly simplistic hooks.  He isn't trying to get Akon on his single to milk some sales that way. He actually showcases some lyrical dexterity.  He brings more than just trendy clothes and the latest catch phrase when he's on the mic.  He's saying he's not relying on the gimmickry of "Club Joints" or "Ladies Joints" to sell his records.  He's actually got some content and skill that makes you wanna learn his verses and bust em while he's bustin em. 

As far as current popular mainstream rappers go, Cham is def among the better ones imo.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 04:50:40 PM »
Sound Of Revenge was an amazing album, bought 2 copies, I'll be buying his new release but I'm hoping theres not alot of songs like Not A Criminal, cuz that song is horrible imo, didnt have a problem with him on that Ciara joint, but Not a criminal just sounded like garbage. Good to hear its being released on the 24th tho.

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 09:54:04 AM »
That first joint "Not a Criminal" might be contradicting to what he came off.

It's a nice song, but it sounds like he's either listening to his critics and saying "f you" or he is going to follow their lead and try to be like puff and jay.