Author Topic: raekwon  (Read 187 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
raekwon
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:13:26 PM »
when is his album dropping? i know he got some sort of dealing with dre happening too still....but i hope rza plays a major part in this....and i hope he some sort of waiting agreement with dre...i mean how long can a nigga wait...this aint just a new cat we talking about, everyyear becomes more vital the older you get...and even though dre aint been at his best, i still would like dre to give a real contribution to this album considering how long he will have to most likely wait....

does anyone know what albums on aftermath are to release this year?

right now...just 50?.........

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: raekwon
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 12:11:05 AM »
Im glad Rae singed with Math, I basically grew up listening to him and the rest of Wu-Tang (its hard not to when your borther is playing them 24/7). The only thing im pissed at is that they didnt release OBFCL2 normally just on a Wu Tang label and then started creating another LP. Becuase that cd was finished but then Dre got ahold of it and we all know what happnesd next,

About the album its suppose to be half Dre, half RZA. Busta is an executive producer. Featuers will be Busta, Nas and the Wu Tang fam.

Dropping this year are: 50 in summer, Dre in winter, then Bishop 1st quarter 2008, followed by Rae in summer and then Em.

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 12:16:32 AM »
a pic rebel posted. Cuban link II advertising. Its deffinetly comming

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 07:03:22 AM »

Dropping this year are: 50 in summer, Dre in winter, then Bishop 1st quarter 2008, followed by Rae in summer and then Em.

Where'd you get that info. from?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 07:44:07 AM »
Just put 2 and 2 together. 50 is 100% for summer, Dre will drop this year, that means theres no room for Bishop between these 2. I completley forgot about another 50 album in February, so that means Bishop probably in April/ May, Raekwon said its coming summer 2008 if im not mistaken and I figure Em will drop after that.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 07:53:29 AM »
Goddamn! i have to wait till Hillary's president to listen to my Cuban Linx 2 album?

This is why people lose faith in Aftermath...

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 08:23:02 AM »
Just put 2 and 2 together. 50 is 100% for summer, Dre will drop this year, that means theres no room for Bishop between these 2. I completley forgot about another 50 album in February, so that means Bishop probably in April/ May, Raekwon said its coming summer 2008 if im not mistaken and I figure Em will drop after that.

I guess its possible... but dont forget that Stat's album is finished and will be released this year. His next single will prolly leak in May and it features 50 Cent.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 09:45:22 AM »
I doubt Stat will release anything, we'll see.

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 12:48:00 PM »
Aftermath really took on too many artists. I honestly think Stat will get dropped. With 50, Dre & Em all stated to drop with Bishop looking like the most likely to follow as he'll be one of the main artists on DETOX.

Plus there's Eve, Raekwon, Stat, D12 (Shady but still) all slated to drop albums aswell.

And then there's still Marsha, Joell Ortiz, Dion plus that new R&B chick to be released over the next couple of years.

I think alot of albums are gonna get shelved at Aftermath. Judging by Aftermath's history of releasing 1 -2 albums a year and alot of artists leaving or being dropped id say it don't look good for some of the artists.

G.A.G.E. realized the truth and made the most sensible choice by leaving. Im not hating Im just facing reality.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 01:04:26 PM by 0000000 »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 06:08:42 PM »
^^even though i agree with what your saying about having too many cats on the label, but dre could just have 1 other artist on aftermath apart from 50 and em and there would still be a higher chance that cat would be dropped than released....its ashame...niggaz get excited...then niggaz get shot

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 01:57:37 PM »
i think Rae will go the route of Rakim on aftermath, though i don't want it to go down like that.

i think 50 will drop at the end of this year and his other shit middle of next year.

eminem doesn't sound like he's serious about releasing his shit as soon as the times he mentioned.

I have a fucked up feeling that Bishop will pull a Hittman and Slim the mobster will pull a Game.

marsha probably won't drop an AM album.

I expect detox in 2010 and if it's not out yet then it's over.

The only shit I expect from the list of albums discussed in this thread to be released is 50s. dre is not dedicated enough to anything else.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram