Author Topic: Is DMX's Career Definitely Over Now?  (Read 509 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Is DMX's Career Definitely Over Now?
« on: April 13, 2007, 04:44:22 AM »
His last album bombed.
His reality show bombed.
He's addicted to crack.
He has major law problems.
Crooked I just released a diss track for the history books on him.

When YOTD came out, I labeled him a fall-off... When his reality show came on, and I watched how he lives, I labeled him a man with lots of problems.  When I saw his crack addiction, I was saddened.  After seeing the numerous news reports with his troubles with the law, and having to do jailtime, I thought he was just a dumbass.  And now this diss song. 

DarkManX, wtf happened to you my man?

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT WHERE YOU SEE DMX'S FUTURE CAREER AT.  Can he come back and be a hit maker like he was.. Will he deliver another lackluster album like YOTD?   Will he get dropped and have to release indie?  Will he just slowly fade out and retire or venture into something else, or be forced to retire, with his addiction and law trouble fucking him up badly..  DROP YA COMMENTS.

West Coast Veteran

Re: Is DMX's Career Definitely Over Now?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 05:05:18 AM »
'98-'00 X one of my favs.

After that he been trash.

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 08:16:34 AM »
I liked his first album alot the time it came out but i started to get sick of him after i seen mad white kids at school rockin ruff ryders gear and them chains and thinking DMX was like the greatest.

Hes nothing that special anymore IMO.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 09:54:12 AM »
'98-'00 X one of my favs.

After that he been trash.

agree, the sad thing is he wont return to those days.

Lyrically he has fallen off, his subject matter is repetative and redundant and his choice of beats are terribke. Its dark and hell is hot was dmx at his best but those days are long gone.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

The Connection

• Lil Geezy
  • Who doesn't ?
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 09:56:16 AM »
In my eyes , X made a lot of good songs; and I am still a big fan of dmx and believe me I feel the same about his new music as ya'll do but he made some real great songs and I respect that; I just wish one day he'll come back;

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 10:00:36 AM »
His rap career is most likley over, and not because he dissed the West coast.

The Year of the Dog....Again was just as bad as the title suggests, even guests like D-Block & Busta sounded like they wanted nothing to do with it. X is a gifted emcee, storyteller, but he never changed with the times, and his music got so repetitive it wasn't funny.

His legal problems and personality have alot to do with it also. Alot of people would not wanna work with someone like X, he is always moody and always on something.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 10:16:37 AM »
Its dark and hell is hot was dmx at his best but those days are long gone.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

rik

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 10:19:08 AM »
You mean to tell me it wasn't over already?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 12:27:35 PM »
I feel sorry for the nigga, he's an amazing writer. He let the stupid ass shit get the best of him. Hopefully he cleans himself up, not just to make good music, for his well being. You saw dude? Sometimes he be lookin' UNDER malnourished. That crack man, :grumpy:.

Lately though, I just think it's time for these great emcees to quit while they ahead becuz then they trun out to lose they credit. I don't put that on a cat but it happens. We need the up and coming dudes out here now!

I ain't heard The Year Of The Dog Again, just mainly the singles and TO ME, I didn't think they was all that bad, but hey.

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 02:46:12 PM »
aren't you listening to urban pop now kingwell? why are you even talkin about the dog?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 02:51:27 PM »
^ Oh shit, that was a good name for it. Urban Pop. New genre.

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 02:59:08 PM »
as a main stream artist i belive so, but over all i still say that people are in demand for him just cuz he still gives a raw energy no else can bring especially to the stage, but i think he can still come back.  His last album had 2 awsome tracks and the rest of the album had no focus.  He just kinda put a bunch of different tracks togther withough a real meaning behing the album.

If he can structure an album like his 1st again, he can make it big again.  If not then hes just gonna be people going on tour here and there.

That crack has got to go though of he wants to survive, musicly and physically

Narrator

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 10:47:39 AM »
First of all, X was overrated in the first place.  People were saying he was the next Pac back in the day, and that is just not true.  His music was spiritual and sometimes interesting, but it got repetitive kinda quickly, and that's why he started to fall off after 3 albums.  Furthermore, I don't care what nobody says...his style was obviously bitten off Onyx and M.O.P. in a lot of ways.

Second, yeah his career is definitely over.  Rap has changed, but "Year of the Dog" (yes, I listened to it) proves he didn't.  Nobody gives a shit about him anymore.  Plus he's 36, and unfortunately, in rap that tends to mean you're past your prime.  Add that to all his personal problems and the fact that he's unable to keep himself out of trouble, and I think he's destined for a complete meltdown before he can even get into the recording studio again to finish another album.  It's sad, but that's just what happens to some cats.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 11:29:06 AM »
First of all, X was overrated in the first place.  People were saying he was the next Pac back in the day, and that is just not true.  His music was spiritual and sometimes interesting, but it got repetitive kinda quickly, and that's why he started to fall off after 3 albums.  Furthermore, I don't care what nobody says...his style was obviously bitten off Onyx and M.O.P. in a lot of ways.

Second, yeah his career is definitely over.  Rap has changed, but "Year of the Dog" (yes, I listened to it) proves he didn't.  Nobody gives a shit about him anymore.  Plus he's 36, and unfortunately, in rap that tends to mean you're past your prime.  Add that to all his personal problems and the fact that he's unable to keep himself out of trouble, and I think he's destined for a complete meltdown before he can even get into the recording studio again to finish another album.  It's sad, but that's just what happens to some cats.

thats the thing, if DMX could use for personal problems and craft an album full of tracks relating to them rather than genric subject matter and terrible choice of beats he could make a good album.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Luke

• 'G'
  • Roll To Every Station Wreck The DJ
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 12:49:28 PM »
he made some great music about 8 or 9 years ago...but since then...fuck DMX...i could care less if he ever puts anything out again