Author Topic: Xzibit Talks With LA's KIIS FM  (Read 526 times)

rayallen0

Xzibit Talks With LA's KIIS FM
« on: April 21, 2007, 12:55:05 AM »
Xzibit was on the phone with Ryan Seacrest of KIIS FM in Los Angeles on Wednesday (April 18) to discuss Earth Day and a special edition of 'Pimp My Ride', featuring California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, airing Sunday. He also talked about the new album 'Full Circle' and his touring plans. Download and listen http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/LOSANGELES-CA/KIIS-FM/xhibit0418.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=LOSANGELES-CA&NG_FORMAT=chrrhythmic&SITE_ID=842&STATION_ID=KIIS-FM&PCAST_AUTHOR=102.7_KIIS-FM&PCAST_CAT=morning_shows&PCAST_TITLE=On-Air_with_Ryan_Seacrest

XaNdEr

Re: Xzibit Talks With LA's KIIS FM
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 02:28:47 AM »
Lol at "new album Full Circle" haha. That shit is out for a long time by now, maybe half a year.

That album really grew on me, at first i found it very bad, below X's standards, but now i appreciate it much more, i'd give it 3.5/5 cuz i know X can do better but still a decent album.

Props for the link, bout to check it out.

The_Urban_Legend

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 04:21:40 AM »
i agree man, could've been better but still decent

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 07:36:28 AM »
i agree man, could've been better but still decent
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

wcsoldier

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 08:14:51 AM »
X hasn't done a good album since Restless..

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 01:03:51 PM »
X hasn't done a good album since Restless..

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 01:06:03 PM »
how y'all sleep on WOMD is beyond me :-\

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Death is certain, life is not
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 01:17:29 PM »
just a couple of dope tracks on that album, just like Man vs Machine, maybe 3 or 4 dope tracks but bullshit overall

8) 8) 8)

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 01:21:01 PM »
just a couple of dope tracks on that album, just like Man vs Machine, maybe 3 or 4 dope tracks but bullshit overall

8) 8) 8)

I think it's better then MVM by a bit

WOMD:

LAX
Cold World
Muthafucka
Beware Of Us
Criminal Set
Crazy Ho
Tough Guy
Klack

^^ALL bangers

and there is a bunch of other decent cuts on this album

MVM

Symphony In X Major
Multiply
Harder
Choke Me, Spank Me, Pull My Hair
Losin Your Mind
My Name

a handful of decent cuts as well

WOMD is just more consistent, maybe X's most consistent IMO.

i can respect your opinion tho
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 01:24:08 PM by Lunatic 63 »

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 01:25:08 PM »

8) 8) 8)

I think it's better then MVM by a bit

Same here. X can still bring it, "Thank You" proves that.

d-nice

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 01:25:41 PM »
Last Circle was not his best but far from horrible. WOMD is still dope to me. Very dark production. But 40 Dayz and Restless are his best albums. He has a nice catalog

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 01:28:18 PM »
Last Circle was not his best but far from horrible. WOMD is still dope to me. Very dark production. But 40 Dayz and Restless are his best albums. He has a nice catalog

yea, I agree that full circle wasn't amazing, but extremely far from horrible. maybe it's just me and you d-nice who love them dark productions (most tend 2 hate on this album along with cube's war disc, while me and you will bump them all day long). I think 40 dayz is his best album. I gotta re-do the restless album, it tends to get alot of love on here, and the few times i bumped it, it didn't nothin for me besides a few dope tracks here and there :-\

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 01:32:19 PM »

yea, I agree that full circle wasn't amazing, but extremely far from horrible. maybe it's just me and you d-nice who love them dark productions (most tend 2 hate on this album along with cube's war disc, while me and you will bump them all day long). I think 40 dayz is his best album. I gotta re-do the restless album, it tends to get alot of love on here, and the few times i bumped it, it didn't nothin for me besides a few dope tracks here and there :-\

There is nothing wrong with dark production. It is something alot of west coast producers do but tend to stray away from. Cube's album had alot of Southern production on it like N.O. Joe from Rap-A-Lot who is known for dark beats. To me it sets a tone and WOMD just has a dark, tone to it. Restless is more bouncy and laid back, dope as fuck too.

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 01:34:02 PM »

There is nothing wrong with dark production. It is something alot of west coast producers do but tend to stray away from. Cube's album had alot of Southern production on it like N.O. Joe from Rap-A-Lot who is known for dark beats. To me it sets a tone and WOMD just has a dark, tone to it. Restless is more bouncy and laid back, dope as fuck too.

i agree with the dark production statement. I bump bout 9 tracks from restless, which is extremely decent, but for the reason that every1 seems to LOVE it, i needa re-do it to see if i'm missing something

d-nice

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 01:50:43 PM »

i agree with the dark production statement. I bump bout 9 tracks from restless, which is extremely decent, but for the reason that every1 seems to LOVE it, i needa re-do it to see if i'm missing something

For me, Restless was really anticpated because people wanted better beats after the first 2 albums (Although, again I thought 40 Dayz had that dark production I dig  ;)) And hooking up with Dre after 2001 was the dream matchup. I think if Dre overseen more of his albums people would be considering X in King Of The West convo. Production wise it is one of the best produced albums on any coast. X was lyrical as he has been on other albums but it was over different producers this time. The guest appearances were also bangin too. Eminem and X made some dope songs together.