Author Topic: Xzibit Talks With LA's KIIS FM  (Read 525 times)

Lunatic

Re: Xzibit Talks With LA's KIIS FM
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 01:54:21 PM »
Last Circle was not his best but far from horrible. WOMD is still dope to me. Very dark production. But 40 Dayz and Restless are his best albums. He has a nice catalog

yea, I agree that full circle wasn't amazing, but extremely far from horrible. maybe it's just me and you d-nice who love them dark productions (most tend 2 hate on this album along with cube's war disc, while me and you will bump them all day long). I think 40 dayz is his best album. I gotta re-do the restless album, it tends to get alot of love on here, and the few times i bumped it, it didn't nothin for me besides a few dope tracks here and there :-\

There is nothing wrong with dark production. It is something alot of west coast producers do but tend to stray away from. Cube's album had alot of Southern production on it like N.O. Joe from Rap-A-Lot who is known for dark beats. To me it sets a tone and WOMD just has a dark, tone to it. Restless is more bouncy and laid back, dope as fuck too.

i agree with the dark production statement. I bump bout 9 tracks from restless, which is extremely decent, but for the reason that every1 seems to LOVE it, i needa re-do it to see if i'm missing something

For me, Restless was really anticpated because people wanted better beats after the first 2 albums (Although, again I thought 40 Dayz had that dark production I dig  ;)) And hooking up with Dre after 2001 was the dream matchup. I think if Dre overseen more of his albums people would be considering X in King Of The West convo. Production wise it is one of the best produced albums on any coast. X was lyrical as he has been on other albums but it was over different producers this time. The guest appearances were also bangin too. Eminem and X made some dope songs together.

I am a fan of old school albums, but X's first album pretty much does nothin for me. As previously mentioned, 40 Dayz is dope as fuck. X is a lyrical tsunami on that album man. I gotta check it agian. Em & X do indeed make some CLASSIC tracks 2gether

Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 01:59:29 PM »
Last Circle was not his best but far from horrible. WOMD is still dope to me. Very dark production. But 40 Dayz and Restless are his best albums. He has a nice catalog

yea, I agree that full circle wasn't amazing, but extremely far from horrible. maybe it's just me and you d-nice who love them dark productions (most tend 2 hate on this album along with cube's war disc, while me and you will bump them all day long). I think 40 dayz is his best album. I gotta re-do the restless album, it tends to get alot of love on here, and the few times i bumped it, it didn't nothin for me besides a few dope tracks here and there :-\

There is nothing wrong with dark production. It is something alot of west coast producers do but tend to stray away from. Cube's album had alot of Southern production on it like N.O. Joe from Rap-A-Lot who is known for dark beats. To me it sets a tone and WOMD just has a dark, tone to it. Restless is more bouncy and laid back, dope as fuck too.

i agree with the dark production statement. I bump bout 9 tracks from restless, which is extremely decent, but for the reason that every1 seems to LOVE it, i needa re-do it to see if i'm missing something

For me, Restless was really anticpated because people wanted better beats after the first 2 albums (Although, again I thought 40 Dayz had that dark production I dig  ;)) And hooking up with Dre after 2001 was the dream matchup. I think if Dre overseen more of his albums people would be considering X in King Of The West convo. Production wise it is one of the best produced albums on any coast. X was lyrical as he has been on other albums but it was over different producers this time. The guest appearances were also bangin too. Eminem and X made some dope songs together.

I am a fan of old school albums, but X's first album pretty much does nothin for me. As previously mentioned, 40 Dayz is dope as fuck. X is a lyrical tsunami on that album man. I gotta check it agian. Em & X do indeed make some CLASSIC tracks 2gether

Wow, your are the first person I heard say that about At The Speed Of Life

Lunatic

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2007, 02:06:08 PM »

Wow, your are the first person I heard say that about At The Speed Of Life

lol, not a title i'm liking :D

another 1 i gotta re-do. I costantly bump the 2 singles off it, but besides that i didn't really have other songs i put into constant rotation. to be fair to both restless and this 1, they are the 2 X albums i've bumped the least. That could have something to do with it.

wcsoldier

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 12:24:43 AM »
don't get me wrong , I think X still got it but Full Circle was just horrible beats wise and WOMD and MVM had some bangers but lots of fillers too.. sometimes I really wonder what some rappers think about when they pick their beats

Al Bundy

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 02:26:20 AM »

imo 40 Dayz 40 Nightz > his whole catalogue

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 07:13:15 AM »
'At The Speed of Life' doesn't do much for me either. It's a decent album, but I find many of the beats too unpolished and too simple. Take one of my favorites from that album,'Plastic Sugery', it has an unusual beat but the effect is lessened by it not being properly mastered. That goes for most of that album.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 08:22:13 AM »
'At The Speed of Life' doesn't do much for me either. It's a decent album, but I find many of the beats too unpolished and too simple. Take one of my favorites from that album,'Plastic Sugery', it has an unusual beat but the effect is lessened by it not being properly mastered. That goes for most of that album.

if i remember correctly, my problem was also with the production

XaNdEr

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 09:21:29 AM »

Imo, it just depends on what you like, for me personally, i love these raw style beats, E-Swift definately did his thing on At The Speed Of Life. The other producers as well, but i'm a fan of E-Swift productions, for the simple fact that most of his beats is raw as fuck. The whole dark, grimey feel to that ATSOL album is really tight. X's 2nd best album after 40 Dayz & 40 Nightz.

Restless was good too, but it felt way too "forced" due to all the big name producers on there, lyrically X was on point though.

Man Versus Machine was good enough, but it was forced too, but in a way too commercial way. I love the album, but it is not the raw Xzibit i like to hear. He even had some tracks with R&B cats on there, i think that says enough.

Weapons Of Mass Destruction was a smooth record, Xzibit held his own without using the best producers and put many of his homies on that, not just the big dogs from the industry, that is something you gotta give X respect for.

Full Circle has grown on me since it came out, but it is a "just not"-album for me. It is not bad, but it is not something you really wanna start listen to either. But it's definately not a bad album.

If i had to order his catlague it would be:

1. 40 Dayz & 40 Nightz
2. At The Speed Of Life
3. Restless
4. Weapons Of Mass Destruction
5. Man Versus Machine
6. Full Circle

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2007, 10:47:58 AM »
Xzibit is still releasing better stuff than what the others in this game be releasing!

d-nice

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2007, 10:54:32 AM »

Imo, it just depends on what you like, for me personally, i love these raw style beats, E-Swift definately did his thing on At The Speed Of Life. The other producers as well, but i'm a fan of E-Swift productions, for the simple fact that most of his beats is raw as fuck. The whole dark, grimey feel to that ATSOL album is really tight. X's 2nd best album after 40 Dayz & 40 Nightz.

Restless was good too, but it felt way too "forced" due to all the big name producers on there, lyrically X was on point though.

Man Versus Machine was good enough, but it was forced too, but in a way too commercial way. I love the album, but it is not the raw Xzibit i like to hear. He even had some tracks with R&B cats on there, i think that says enough.

Weapons Of Mass Destruction was a smooth record, Xzibit held his own without using the best producers and put many of his homies on that, not just the big dogs from the industry, that is something you gotta give X respect for.

Full Circle has grown on me since it came out, but it is a "just not"-album for me. It is not bad, but it is not something you really wanna start listen to either. But it's definately not a bad album.

If i had to order his catlague it would be:

1. 40 Dayz & 40 Nightz
2. At The Speed Of Life
3. Restless
4. Weapons Of Mass Destruction
5. Man Versus Machine
6. Full Circle

And I got mad heat from people when I said WOMD is better than MVM. I agree with that. This is pretty close to my list also, with Speed Of Life and Restless flip flopped depending on my mood that day.

Lunatic

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2007, 10:59:03 AM »
did X only drop that 1 single off 40D&40N? i am talking music videos, not no radio singles

ATSOF:
paparazzi
the foundation

40D&40N:
what u see is what u get

restless:
x
get your walk on
front 2 back

MVM:
multiply
symphony in x major

WOMD:
hey now
criminal set

Full Circle:
concentrate

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2007, 03:45:12 PM »
Xzibit is still releasing better stuff than what the others in this game be releasing!
preach,+1