Poll

Kuruption or Revenge, Retaliation, Get Back

Kuruption
5 (16.7%)
Revenge Retaliation Get Back
25 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Kurupt's first solo album vs. Daz's first solo album  (Read 435 times)

Al Bundy

Re: Kurupt's first solo album vs. Daz's first solo album
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 12:42:27 PM »
im a fan of kuruption but retaliation, revenge, and get back was off the hook with all of those features and slammin beats! too bad shit didn't sound mastered like tha doggfather though.

d-nice

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 12:50:08 PM »
everybody always talks about kurupt being a lyricist which i never really understood. he always seems to talk nonsense

I think his Death Row days he was untouchable. A lyricist in every sense of the word. Not so much now, but he is good for a real lyrical track here and there.

^^maybe in comparison with spice 1 and mc breed, but to rappers of the non-gangsta variety he wasnt sayin too much

If you compare it that way, I would say for battle raps and gangsta rap, DR Kurupt is about as good as it gets. Now if we are comparing Kurupt to Nas or Biggie or someone like that the content is different. I always wondered if all those verses Kurupt was spitting back in the day were freestyles or not.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 12:56:01 PM by d-nice »

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 01:14:14 PM »
RRGB > KURUPTION but not by much

Paul

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 02:05:51 PM »
im a fan of kuruption but retaliation, revenge, and get back was off the hook with all of those features and slammin beats!

west coast classic , kuruption is  :-\, some amazing songs like ask yourself a question and c walk but not a solid album as a whole
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2007, 02:08:13 PM »
im a fan of kuruption but retaliation, revenge, and get back was off the hook with all of those features and slammin beats!

west coast classic , kuruption is  :-\, some amazing songs like ask yourself a question and c walk but not a solid album as a whole

My 2 fav tracks off the album.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Okka

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 02:12:15 PM »
Both albums are dope but i gotta go with Kuruption

Paul

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 02:17:48 PM »
i dont see how people can go with kuruption, it has a weak east coast cd, half the west coast cd isnt as good as it could have been also

rr&gb has some unbeleivable tracks, in california, the title track, oh no, theres tracks with pac, too short, OG with snoop and nate, albums near flawless, oh well thts just my opinion
funkyfreshintheflesh

d-nice

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2007, 02:24:26 PM »
i dont see how people can go with kuruption, it has a weak east coast cd, half the west coast cd isnt as good as it could have been also

rr&gb has some unbeleivable tracks, in california, the title track, oh no, theres tracks with pac, too short, OG with snoop and nate, albums near flawless, oh well thts just my opinion

I remember people complaining about Kuruption when it came out that it did not have enough Daz production and hardly any DPGC appearances. Pretty much before this album Kurupt was all over Daz and Dre's beats so the hype for this album was crazy. But with all the new producers and him trying to cater to everyone, it sounded all over the place. RR&GB like you said near flawless. West coast to the fullest.

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2007, 02:27:46 PM »
the beat on c-walk is  :o :o :o

same story with ask yourself a question

only "classic" tracks to me on the album. Besides that, you can count the rest of the decent tracks on 1 hand
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Paul

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2007, 02:28:46 PM »

only "classic" tracks to me on the album. Besides that, you can count the rest of the decent tracks on 1 hand

oh yeah and fresh is up ther imo, an amazing beat by daz and kurupt kills it
funkyfreshintheflesh

d-nice

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2007, 02:30:09 PM »

We Can Freak It was a nice club song, one of the best to hear in a club IMO. C-Walk is amazing. I liked Game on the eastcoast cd also and the We Can Freak It remix.  

Paul

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2007, 02:36:32 PM »
oh yeah and we can freak it, man im forgetting some smooth tracks

i also really enjoy cant let tht slide, roscoe is rapping on ther and hes llike 14 years old lol
funkyfreshintheflesh

d-nice

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 02:46:22 PM »
oh yeah and we can freak it, man im forgetting some smooth tracks

i also really enjoy cant let tht slide, roscoe is rapping on ther and hes llike 14 years old lol

I really could not get into Put That On Something but other than a couple of tracks the westcoast cd is cool. The bonus track with Gonzoe on it is dope too.

westside159

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 02:46:35 PM »
THEY BOTH WAS DOPE , KURUPT'S album was Dope on the Westcoast side but he fucked up on the eastcoast shit !!!!!!!

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 02:53:40 PM »
Daz solo was better cauz it was on Death Row !! initiated , OG etc...
But there re dope tracc on Kuruption! like c-walk we can freak it i luv the "i wanna..." tracc is too dope!!!