Author Topic: I'm saying it now  (Read 650 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
I'm saying it now
« on: April 24, 2007, 09:37:14 PM »
You have to pull the trigger on a Kevin Garnett trade, even if it cost us Odom. I was against it even as early as three days ago, but we can not lose a playoff game like the Lakers are losing now. It's 90-75 at the end of the quarter, and being in Minnesota, I know KG would not stand for this. He had shit teammates, and his playing like it's game 7 of the finals and his down by only 3 with a minute to go. The Lakers need a balls out player to play with Kobe, and KG is perfect. I love Odom, but at this point, KG brings more to the table. Bynum is still untouchable though.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: I'm saying it now
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 10:05:35 PM »
Swapping Odom for Garnett wont do too much...It's the team MENTALITY that's killing us. Were a better team on paper than last year, but it's not translating into what we see. We get down on ourselves too soon in a deficit and have way too much doubt in ourselves. I don't blame Odom, I don't blame Kobe, I blame our hearts AS A TEAM. I'd love KG, but I wouldn't wanna lose one of our few playmakers in Odom for him...PeACe

rik

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 10:08:34 PM »
We need to get rid of some of the piece of shit player that look like they're not even trying.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 10:10:30 PM »
Swapping Odom for Garnett wont do too much...It's the team MENTALITY that's killing us. Were a better team on paper than last year, but it's not translating into what we see. We get down on ourselves too soon in a deficit and have way too much doubt in ourselves. I don't blame Odom, I don't blame Kobe, I blame our hearts AS A TEAM. I'd love KG, but I wouldn't wanna lose one of our few playmakers in Odom for him...PeACe

But KG's heart is huge, he is the heart of Minnesota. His will to win is almost as great as Kobe's, and that's what this team needs. Odom looks like he gets down on himself, KG don't. I was not talking about talent that I think needs to be traded, it's that heart factor, that one thing that KG has the Odom doesn't, the thing that makes him an All-Star. It's time to pull the trigger, KG and Kobe don't lose by 20-plus in the playoffs unless they are resting to kill them in the next game... a la Lakers three peat teams who let the other team win big just to finish off the series the next game.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 10:16:16 PM »

But KG's heart is huge, he is the heart of Minnesota. His will to win is almost as great as Kobe's, and that's what this team needs. Odom looks like he gets down on himself, KG don't. I was not talking about talent that I think needs to be traded, it's that heart factor, that one thing that KG has the Odom doesn't, the thing that makes him an All-Star. It's time to pull the trigger, KG and Kobe don't lose by 20-plus in the playoffs unless they are resting to kill them in the next game... a la Lakers three peat teams who let the other team win big just to finish off the series the next game.

Odom and Kobe are doing theirs for the most part, it's other players that need to step up...Imagine how much more embarassing it'll be to lose this way with Kobe AND KG, all because we're still mostly made up of mentally weak role players... :-\

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 10:23:38 PM »

Odom and Kobe are doing theirs for the most part, it's other players that need to step up...Imagine how much more embarassing it'll be to lose this way with Kobe AND KG, all because we're still mostly made up of mentally weak role players... :-\

I wouldn't blame Odom too much either. His only doing as well as the role players allow him to do. But the Lakers need a big superstar to play with Kobe, Odom is good, but KG is better, and it's worth it to upgrade now. 3 days ago, I agreed, I would not part with Odom, but this game showed me it's time to upgrade, and I'm sorry Odom, but just like getting rid of Shaq, business is never personal, well Shaq turned it personal, but that was a business move. This move would be business.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 10:51:39 PM »
ive been saying that shit for the past month that we need to get KG now even for Bynum.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 10:55:51 PM »
What makes you guys think that the Wolves even want Odom if he isn't pulling his weight in LA? The Wolves have enough good players that don't pull their weight.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 11:09:29 PM »
The best time to trade Odom would've been last season. Now teams see just how inconsistent he is. Either way, Minnesota is in the driver seat. It's not like they're beggin us to take him.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 03:12:03 AM »
Swapping Odom for Garnett wont do too much...

Exactly. If we get KG for Odom+Brown, we will still miss a decent PG and a decent C. So we will still lack two key players out of 5. We should try to get those two players, man. If we get a decent PG (cause Smush is really horrible) and a better post player, we will def improve more than if we just acquire KG for Odom+Brown. But it's hard to do it. Really hard.

wcsoldier

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 09:00:35 AM »
At this point to be a contender, we miss a 2nd option to help Kobe (I repeat I like Lamar game but he's just too inconsistent to be the 2nd star on the team), a good point guard, who can create plays for others, and a consistent presence down low.. I hope there will be some moves in the off season, coz we're the Lakers, fans are waiting and I won't be able to bear another average season.. but to be honest, outside some good draft choices, I'm not sastified with Mitch job and I have doubts on his ablility to turn us in a championship team..

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 11:13:59 AM »
What makes you guys think that the Wolves even want Odom if he isn't pulling his weight in LA? The Wolves have enough good players that don't pull their weight.

The Wolves don't want to part with KG and get nothing. KG is not signing next year. Hell, most everyone in the Twin Cities, I live here now, says they want the Wolves to trade Garnett. And these are Wolves fans, who go to the games. They don't blame KG, they blame McHale. So don't be surprised when KG goes, and people here feel happy for him.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 11:35:37 AM »

The Wolves don't want to part with KG and get nothing. KG is not signing next year. Hell, most everyone in the Twin Cities, I live here now, says they want the Wolves to trade Garnett. And these are Wolves fans, who go to the games. They don't blame KG, they blame McHale. So don't be surprised when KG goes, and people here feel happy for him.

Like I said, KG wont turn things around if we dont have a TEAM. Minnesota would take Odom for KG in a heartbeat. That's most likely the best prospect they'll get their hands on, considering McHale cares WHERE KG wants to go, after the loyalty he's shown the franchise. But KG alone wont do it for us. Odom's stats this season are better than last seasons, and that's WITH a torn labrum (which he played through, showing his resilience), so how has his value gone down? Odom is our best rebounder, best passer, best playmaker, best post player, best defender (at the sf-pf position), etc...He means a lot to this team, and we aren't playoff bound without him...If I'm Mitch, I'm going after a real point guard with a strong mentality. I think that will put this team over and we will be able to play how we started this season ALWAYS...PeACe

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 11:50:50 AM »

Like I said, KG wont turn things around if we dont have a TEAM. Minnesota would take Odom for KG in a heartbeat. That's most likely the best prospect they'll get their hands on, considering McHale cares WHERE KG wants to go, after the loyalty he's shown the franchise. But KG alone wont do it for us. Odom's stats this season are better than last seasons, and that's WITH a torn labrum (which he played through, showing his resilience), so how has his value gone down? Odom is our best rebounder, best passer, best playmaker, best post player, best defender (at the sf-pf position), etc...He means a lot to this team, and we aren't playoff bound without him...If I'm Mitch, I'm going after a real point guard with a strong mentality. I think that will put this team over and we will be able to play how we started this season ALWAYS...PeACe

you get KG, and it becomes easier to sign that PG. You don't think Baron wouldn't take a pay cut to come home and lead Kobe and KG to a title.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 11:53:28 AM »

Trust me, I know. I have lived in the Twin Cities all of my life. I'm just saying, Ricky Davis, Mark Blount and Randy Foye are all good players, BUT they aren't consistant and they get down on themselves. That is why they lose. If Odom does the same thing, trading an outstanding player like KG for just a good player like Odom won't help the Wolves any. I mean, when it comes time to deal KG, the Wolves want to be able to get some people in return that will turn around the franchise, not keep it just like it is.