Author Topic: If NBA players got to vote for the MVP...  (Read 1783 times)

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: If NBA players got to vote for the MVP...
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2007, 07:21:28 PM »
Antonio:
Who was better than Jordan?  6 playoff MVP's without a real post player to play with puts him #1 according to 99% of bball fans.  Did you watch the man play?  I never saw Wilt, Russell, etc play, but the only on ethat comes close would be Magic?  Is he your number one?

THe thing with Jordan is, he elevatated others play.  That is what GREAT players do, and i have a feeling Kobe will do it in the coming years, but as of now it is not happening.......

1. Magic
2. Jordan

I'll judge Kobe when he'll retire.

"There's Michael Jordan and then there is the rest of us."  —  Magic Johnson

"Magic Johnson is the greatest player ever" — Dennis Rodman

LOL... yeah that's exactly the same thing as Magic himself stating that Jordan > him.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2007, 07:36:30 PM »
Antonio:
Who was better than Jordan?  6 playoff MVP's without a real post player to play with puts him #1 according to 99% of bball fans.  Did you watch the man play?  I never saw Wilt, Russell, etc play, but the only on ethat comes close would be Magic?  Is he your number one?

THe thing with Jordan is, he elevatated others play.  That is what GREAT players do, and i have a feeling Kobe will do it in the coming years, but as of now it is not happening.......

1. Magic
2. Jordan

LMFAO!  What the fuck does Dennis Rodman have to do with anything?  - 1 Elior :grumpy:

"NIK would eat Kobe's shit with a spoon" - Jrome

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2007, 07:45:49 PM »
Antonio:

1. Magic
2. Jordan

LOL... yeah that's exactly the same thing as Magic himself stating that Jordan > him.

Magic is a humble dude...He would say Kareem is better than him if asked as well. Dennis Rodman, however, was a teammate of Jordan's. So for him to say that is way bolder...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2007, 07:46:56 PM »
Antonio:

1. Magic
2. Jordan

LMFAO!  What the fuck does Dennis Rodman have to do with anything?  - 1 Elior :grumpy:

Jromo... Your name is a joke in this section...Keep it in the G-Spot.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2007, 08:34:20 PM »
Antonio:

1. Magic
2. Jordan

Your name is a joke on this forum...Keep it in iluvkobescock.com

teecee

« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2007, 08:48:30 PM »
Antonio:

1. Magic
2. Jordan

Dude, what is it that you don't get???  Jrome gets props from everyone, he isn't biased, he's far from a joke unlike you NIK.  Just cuz you got the most posts doesn't mean you know more than others or have anyone respects you.  In fact, does anyone out there have actual respect for NIK as a poster???

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2007, 10:28:22 PM »
Antonio:

1. Magic
2. Jordan

Dude, what is it that you don't get???  Jrome gets props from everyone, he isn't biased, he's far from a joke unlike you NIK.  Just cuz you got the most posts doesn't mean you know more than others or have anyone respects you.  In fact, does anyone out there have actual respect for NIK as a poster???

I'd like to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but he makes it practically impossible.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2007, 12:18:11 AM »
lamar leading the lakers is not a bad of thought, i'm sure if you got players that complimented his game, he'd be a more productive leader than kobe.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2007, 10:20:20 AM »
Antonio:

1. Magic
2. Jordan

Magic is a humble dude...He would say Kareem is better than him if asked as well. Dennis Rodman, however, was a teammate of Jordan's. So for him to say that is way bolder...

That's so subjective. "Magic is a humble dude"... as if you know for a fact that's the reason he said it, and that he didn't mean it... I could just as easily say Rodman said that because he's a fag and has a crush on Magic. Perhaps, Magic admitted that Jordan is better than him because:

NBA MVP:         Magic-3   Jordan-5
Championships:  Magic-5   Jordan-6
NBA Finals MVP: Magic-3   Jordan-6 (record)

Jordan also has 10 scoring titles, the highest career scoring average, yada yada yada.... you know the deal.

my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2007, 10:35:33 AM »
Umm...yes or no?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2007, 10:36:20 AM »
Antonio:

1. Magic
2. Jordan

Another reason why he's numero uno. ;)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2007, 10:43:12 AM »
no but he'd be a better leader

"Lamar" and "leader" are two words you can't use in the same post.

I wouldn't go that far, he did a good job of leading Miami that 1 year

i'm glad you brought that up because

lamar leading miami =2nd round  exit
kobe leading lakers = early playoff exit/no playoffs

kobe can have all the scoring and defensive skills in the world (which he does have) but lamar (and i'm not saying it's a strong quality either) is a superior leader to kobe

Do you realize that even the biggest of Kobe haters wouldn't make outrageous claims like that? How much do you really love Shaq? LOL. Like I said, if Kobe was not on the Lakers, we'd be lucky to win 20 games. Odom is great support and he's one of my favs in the league, but I would never want him leading my team. Miami had a big 3 that year with a nice supporting cast. The weight was never dropped on Lamar's shoulder like it has been on Kobe's...You should know that.

I'm not a big Kobe fan, but not a hater either. It is obvious that Kobe is NOT a good team player, and doesn't elevate his teammates playing either. He has no confidence in them and wishes to shoot everytime down the floor. Only the biggest of dickriders would disagree.

Yea, he has no confidence in his teammates. That's why he averages the most assists on the team...LOL. Seriously, where do you get this stuff from? It's obvious you don't watch the Lakers, Kobe WANTS less pressure on him and is more than willing to distribute if his teammates can step up. The beginning of the season, before everyone started getting injured, is the PROOF of this. If you think Kobe didn't elevate Shaq's game, you're nuts.

Of course Kobe leads him team in assists boy-o, he gets the ball on every possesion, of course he's gonna be forced to pass sometimes. And he only had those numbers because his points guards are garbage. Kobe doesn't have faith in them either, that doesn't help.

Let me understand it: are you saying Kobe should relate more on Sasha Vujacic, Smush Parker, Aaron McKie, Shammond Williams, Maurice Evans and Jordan Farmar?

Is this what are we talking about?? Kobe should involve those guys more in the offence? Sasha & Co?

Are you really saying it the same to have B.J. Armstrong (best 3pt shooter in the NBA for a pair of years), John Paxon (another wonderful 3pt shooter), Ron Harper (a great initiator imho), Scottie Pippen playing point forward, etc..?

Are you saying Jordan could have made Sasha Vujacic or Shammond Williams an All Star?

If so he's not a human, but a God.

Not Vujacic or Williams they are 3rd string, but what about Odom, he can be a great player. Kwame Brown and Smush Parker should be much better than they are and might do better on another team. Kobe should always do his best to give those players more confidence when it comes to taking those shots.

Man should i remember you the careers of Smush (undrafted) and Brown before they joined the Lakers? How can you honestly say the might do better on another team? Brown failed with Michael Jordan! He's a Jordan reject. And Parker was playing in Greece when we signed him, and was cutted by the Suns and shit.. He was a nobody. Undrafted. C'mon..

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2007, 10:50:48 AM »
^^^ Smush was a beast on the playgrounds in NY, and we got to see him play alot of charity type games in NJ. Not that that means he will be a successful NBA player, but Smush has talent, he needs to be with a system that will work with him. He's got to shake the "nigga" attitude of his. And Kwame is still young, remeber he was drafted out of high school. Please don't bring up Jordan with the Wizards, he should not have been playing then, I didn't expect a high school aged Kwame and a senior citizen aged Jordan to make magic. Bynum WILL be a major player soon, but now Smush & Kwame need the most attention.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2007, 11:09:28 AM »
Again: 2 years ago Kwame Brown was considered a bust by the whole world but Nik and Mitch; and Smush was having a very hard time getting 10-days contracts in wack teams in the NBA.  They are potentially to good players, but if they are starters in the NBA and not in Europe they both should thank Phil, Kobe and the Lakers, man.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2007, 11:13:36 AM »
Again: 2 years ago Kwame Brown was considered a bust by the whole world but Nik and Mitch; and Smush was having a very hard time getting 10-days contracts in wack teams in the NBA.  They are potentially to good players, but if they are starters in the NBA and not in Europe they both should thank Phil, Kobe and the Lakers, man.

I consider them both busts too, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that the talent IS there and there IS room for improvment, they just need the right environment.