Author Topic: Curtis = massacre part 2?  (Read 617 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Curtis = massacre part 2?
« on: May 16, 2007, 05:28:31 PM »
sooo let the 50 season begin....however whether you like it or not, 50 is an event within the hiphop calendar....actually the whole music calendar so imma take it back a few years with this post cuz back in the day on dubcc we use to all predict shit and ask y'all how you think an album will end up on what you have heard or witnessed so far....

reason I say couuld it be another massacre....

piggy bank = straight to the bank
candy shop = amusement park

However I hope i'm wrong.............maybe the album will show 50 still has the hunger to put in the hours and get pissed and frustrated at himself looking to work on a line rather spending some loose change on some next things.....

how you all think the album will be from what you heard so far.......think he will go a different route....come great? career ruining album?

pz

Lunatic

Re: Curtis = massacre part 2?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 05:33:15 PM »
honestly I thought the massacre was cool. Don't think this'll be nearly as good
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Paul

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 05:47:28 PM »
fully loaded clip is cool, not really into the other two iv heard, i think half the album will be these filler gangsta tracks while the rest will be on some kanye west, will i am, gay kinda shit :-\
funkyfreshintheflesh

Elevz

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 01:52:28 AM »
I don't even remember Fully Loaded Clip, but judging from the two comparisons you made...

Straight To The Bank shits all over the lameness of Piggy Bank
Candy Shop was slightly better than Amusement Park

That means he -could- drop an album better than The Massacre. Not saying he will, but he might.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 01:56:59 AM »
Straight To The Bank shits all over the lameness of Piggy Bank
Candy Shop was slightly better than Amusement Park

Even though I agree with these comparisons, I still think all four of those tracks are wack as fuck.

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 02:00:08 AM »
^^ Very true indeed, lol

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 05:29:58 AM »
Thats some double standards right here, since I know youre a Game fan and the situation was clear:

1st single: Westside Story >> One Blood
2nd single: How We Do >>> Lets Ride
3rd single: Dreams>>> Wouldnt Get Far

+

chick track: Special>>> Around The World
drunk track: Start From Scartch >> Docs Advocate

Get my pont ?

Elevz

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 06:35:23 AM »
Thats some double standards right here, since I know youre a Game fan and the situation was clear

Double standards, where? And what does Game have to do with this?

+

Get my pont ?

No. The point is?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 06:44:49 AM »
That hes giving these comparison between 50s previous singles and this, yet if he the same comparison for Games previous singles and this, by his logic DA oughtta be worst. Which he claims it aint.

Point is: it idiotic to tell how an album is gonna be, after 2 songs and if you do it, do the same for your fav artists to then.

EDIT: this is aimed at the threadstarter, not you Elvez.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 06:47:13 AM by Timbo the king »

Elevz

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 06:56:27 AM »
If that's the situation, your point was made indeed. I can't judge the authenticity because I don't know what goes on in the Westcoast section, but I don't think the comparison is that far off. Of course you can't possibly tell what the album will sound like, but we've got some indications that are open to judgement.

Peace! 8)

d-nice

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 06:56:28 AM »
It's simple for me. I either like a album or I don't. And for me there is just not enough material for me to make a call on it yet. Fully Loaded Clip is cool, the hook on Str8 2 Tha Bank is horrible but I like the beat and Amusement Park is ehh to me. But the verdict is not out for me on this album yet.

Chief

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 09:19:06 AM »
i think it'll be better than massacre.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 04:18:18 PM »
Thats some double standards right here, since I know youre a Game fan and the situation was clear:

+

Get my pont ?

lol@bringing game into this....you really touchy on 50 topics huh?

let me break thiis down for you......

but let me start by saying.......yes I am a game fan but I aint no groupie who checks up on his every move and so on, i just check his albums (I have checked some of his mixtapes)  his made and they are both dope....widely regarded aswell........

Now about 50 cent..........I have no hate for 50 cent either, I just do not like what he is making right now. Are we clear on that now?

lets continue.............

You make comparisons which bemuse me....why are you talking about documentary and doc's advocate....first of all.......game is 2 albums deep....

second of all........

westside story = one blood.....one blood got more luv, westside story I would bump more

how we do>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lets ride

dreams>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wouldnt get far...

and for some wierd reason you want to bring in chick tracks which were never released inot the topic.....

anyways yes....special>>>>>atw

and doctors advocate>>start from scratch........however that is hella subjective....both are 5/5 joints for me, so what you say I have no problem with.....

now let me begin why what you are saying does not make much much of a point and is pretty stupid.....

first of all................documentary was bangin....even you liked it (I wouldnt be suprised if you do not think its any good now)..........so what ever was about to be followed up was about to be done with a with positive outlook from the consumer..............

next...........I put in the comparison with the massacre....because it is widely regarded that candy shop was horrible and piggy bank was nuttin more than hype and a "look how rich I am" joint....and this album is the follow up to an album which was recieved badly by most people....yes i know you think its great but I am talking about majorities not minority hardcore fans....

next let me explain why your comparisons are stupid....

westside story and one blood.....the only thing they have in common was they were both street singles.....however westside story was a very traditional dre westcoast vibe joint and was about how shit never went away....one blood was very different and had a completely different influence of sound and ended up being regarded as the first single, had a video and everything...got more spins in clubs than lets ride

how we do and lets ride....okay now we talking....both tryna be club jams....yes lets ride was weak and how we do was an anthem.....very different sounds again though still, not really comparable....how we do had 50 on it too....lets ride was a solo...

next dreams.....and wouldnt get far.........both produced by kanye....thats the only comparison.......one is deep and a nice track to have released and the other is some bullshit joint made for groupies which noone could give a fuck about.....

now for some reason you bought in joints which were never released and never came out before the albums dropped.....so imma be wastin no time on that shit.....

anyway do you get the point.............comparing documentary opening cuts to DA opening cuts is a worthless exercise because they are very different....

its like comparing the opening cuts off grodt and massacre....very different.....maybe more related in some contents but again, not really a clever thing to do.....

its like this

back down>>>>>piggy bank.......and they are very different apart from back down is gettin at peopl and piggy bank is gettin at people, very different joints though no doubt....

in da club and candy shop......in da club everyone loved....was a club jam..........candy shop was a club jam too....maybe thats a fair comparison but again....candy shop is horrible and feels very different to in da club....

again pointless comparisons.....i will not be adding any "chick tracks" in it because that is worthless for my original thread and point....or point of discussion rather than point....

nexy like game....50 coming off grodt was nuttin but positive vibes when his next album was dropping....so people were looking towards it, even after piggy bank and candy shop dropped people were about to cop it regardless after grodt...because maybe it would have been bangin.....ofcourse now history will tell us that massacre was a success in how many records it sold....but not a success in terms of quality of product....something which 50 had kinda accepted over time...

aight now to my original post and the reasons for the discussion.....

first of all...........

piggy bank and straight to the bank.....can you see a comparison.............without even listening the songs you already know both about money.........once you hear straight to the bank you will see its following exactly the same method as massacre did with piggy bank....."clickity click clickility clank, the money goes into my piggy bank"....."im laughing straigh to the bank with this"....see the comparisons even in the hook............its so obvious I cannot believe im having to type so much down to explain this.....

next

the second comparison I made.....

candy shop and amusement park..........again such obvious comparison........50's candy shop and amusement park....see the comparisons again.........I know you can whether you admit it or not, you aint stupid

now to my point of the thread and how there are no double standard bullshit here............curtis up to now without listening the album has followed exactly the same route as massacre did....that is the reason why i made the thread....to let it be discussed....to see whether it will also end up being like massacre or unlike that album, this time around the rest of the product once we hear it will be different and is widely regarded as a banger................

me making a documentary pt 2 or grody pt2 thread would be pointless because the singles are very different and noone would have complained with a situation like that.........DA is widely regarded as a pretty solid/impressive album....massacre is not......get over it......you like it....i have no problem with that........

But do not come ruining my thread  by brining in stupid shit about game into a 50 thread to feel like you need to defend 50 without reason without anyone even mentioning game....and without anyone even saying curtis is wack....I am just saying the first 2 singles of this are wack to me....and so were the first 2 of massacre...and then you com attacking the thread like someone hurt you personally.......this is why some cats think you are a groupie because you only see what you want to see when it comes to the rappers you like....

now do not take this post personally because if i felt that you was a complete waste of time, i would not have written this post to explain what I am trying to say....maybe in the future you can respect me posts a lil mo and understand them befo coming up attacking me for double standards and shit...........like i said, i got no problems with you right now....I aint into internet beefing but imma explaing shit when im called out.....so keep the peace homie....and if you understand what im saying good for you, if you still do not....well thats something i cannot do nuttin more about....

pz

oh and in the words of tanj.....

'+1' for making me type so much shit out
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 04:37:43 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 04:22:35 PM »
Its not about defending anyone, its to point out that your whole theory was on some specualtion shit.

So how am I being defensive when you just wrote a whole essay about this.

And dont even start on me bringing up Game, since every time King or I reply in a Game thread we get this "yeah your a 50 groupie and he sucks"

Ill print it up, read it tomorrow, hope Ill remember to reply.

Gotta go watch new Lost now, its all good, +1 for replying like an adult.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 04:26:54 PM by Timbo the king »

Paul

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 04:29:25 PM »

+

Get my pont ?

lol@bringing game into this....you really touchy on 50 topics huh?

let me break thiis down for you......

but let me start by saying.......yes I am a game fan but I aint no groupie who checks up on his every move and so on, i just check his albums (I have checked some of his mixtapes)  his made and they are both dope....widely regarded aswell........

Now about 50 cent..........I have no hate for 50 cent either, I just do not like what he is making right now. Are we clear on that now?

lets continue.............

You make comparisons which bemuse me....why are you talking about documentary and doc's advocate....first of all.......game is 2 albums deep....

second of all........

westside story = one blood.....one blood got more luv, westside story I would bump more

how we do>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lets ride

dreams>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wouldnt get far...

and for some wierd reason you want to bring in chick tracks which were never released inot the topic.....

anyways yes....special>>>>>atw

and doctors advocate>>start from scratch........however that is hella subjective....both are 5/5 joints for me, so what you say I have no problem with.....

now let me begin why what you are saying does not make much much of a point and is pretty stupid.....

first of all................documentary was bangin....even you liked it (I wouldnt be suprised if you do not think its any good now)..........so what ever was about to be followed up was about to be done with a with positive outlook from the consumer..............

next...........I put in the comparison with the massacre....because it is widely regarded that candy shop was horrible and piggy bank was nuttin more than hype and a "look how rich I am" joint....and this album is the follow up to an album which was recieved badly by most people....yes i know you think its great but I am talking about majorities not minority hardcore fans....

next let me explain why your comparisons are stupid....

westside story and one blood.....the only thing they have in common was they were both street singles.....however westside story was a very traditional dre westcoast vibe joint and was about how shit never went away....one blood was very different and had a completely different influence of sound and ended up being regarded as the first single, had a video and everything...got more spins in clubs than lets ride

how we do and lets ride....okay now we talking....both tryna be club jams....yes lets ride was weak and how we do was an anthem.....very different sounds again though still, not really comparable....how we do had 50 on it too....lets ride was a solo...

next dreams.....and wouldnt get far.........both produced by kanye....thats the only comparison.......one is deep and a nice track to have released and the other is some bullshit joint made for groupies which noone could give a fuck about.....

now for some reason you bought in joints which were never released and never came out before the albums dropped.....so imma be wastin no time on that shit.....

anyway do you get the point.............comparing documentary opening cuts to DA opening cuts is a worthless exercise because they are very different....

its like comparing the opening cuts off grodt and massacre....very different.....maybe more related in some contents but again, not really a clever thing to do.....

its like this

back down>>>>>piggy bank.......and they are very different apart from back down is gettin at peopl and piggy bank is gettin at people, very different joints though no doubt....

in da club and candy shop......in da club everyone loved....was a club jam..........candy shop was a club jam too....maybe thats a fair comparison but again....candy shop is horrible and feels very different to in da club....

again pointless comparisons.....i will not be adding any "chick tracks" in it because that is worthless for my original thread and point....or point of discussion rather than point....

nexy like game....50 coming off grodt was nuttin but positive vibes when his next album was dropping....so people were looking towards it, even after piggy bank and candy shop dropped people were about to cop it regardless after grodt...because maybe it would have been bangin.....ofcourse now history will tell us that massacre was a success in how many records it sold....but not a success in terms of quality of product....something which 50 had kinda accepted over time...

aight now to my original post and the reasons for the discussion.....

first of all...........

piggy bank and straight to the bank.....can you see a comparison.............without even listening the songs you already know both about money.........once you hear amusement you will see its following exactly the same method as massacre did with piggy bank....."clickity click clickility clank, the money goes into my piggy bank"....."im laughing straigh to the bank with this"....see the comparisons even in the hook............its so obvious I cannot believe im having to type so much down to explain this.....

next

the second comparison I made.....

candy shop and amusement park..........again such obvious comparison........50's candy shop and amusement park....see the comparisons again.........I know you can whether you admit it or not, you aint stupid

now to my point of the thread and how there are no double standard bullshit here............curtis up to now without listening the album has followed exactly the same route as massacre did....that is the reason why i made the thread....to let it be discussed....to see whether it will also end up being like massacre or unlike that album, this time around the rest of the product once we hear it will be different and is widely regarded as a banger................

me making a documentary pt 2 or grody pt2 thread would be pointless because the singles are very different and noone would have complained with a situation like that.........documentary is widely regarded as a pretty solid/impressive album....massacre is not......get over it......you like it....i have no problem with that........

But do not come ruining my thread  by brining in stupid shit about game into a 50 thread to feel like you need to defend 50 without reason without anyone even mentioning game....and without anyone even saying curtis is wack....I am just saying the first 2 singles of this are wack to me....and so were the first 2 of massacre...and then you com attacking the thread like someone hurt you personally.......this is why some cats think you are a groupie because you only see what you want to see when it comes to the rappers you like....

now do not take this post personally because if i felt that you was a complete waste of time, i would not have written this post to explain what I am trying to say....maybe in the future you can respect me posts a lil mo and understand them befo coming up attacking me for double standards and shit...........like i said, i got no problems with you right now....I aint into internet beefing but imma explaing shit when im called out.....so keep the peace homie....and if you understand what im saying good for you, if you still do not....well thats something i cannot do nuttin more about....

pz

oh and in the words of tanj.....

'+1' for making me type so much shit out

lol,  :D
funkyfreshintheflesh