Author Topic: goodbye hiphop,my thoughts on current state of hiphop + more  (Read 255 times)

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
wow hiphop really sucks nowadays,
every rapper want the same 7-8 hot producers on their albums, tries the same recipe to make a successful album, they aint really good on their live appearances n nobody seems to give a fuck, 90% of em sounding the same, rappin bout same ol shit(i got money, hoes, bla bla bla)

man i was 11 years old when the chronic came out, and then doggystyle came out, shit was like magic to me, i listened to wu-tang,nas shit everybody was sounding different, beatwise, rappin, lyrics

i did never say ima stop listenin to hiphop, it just happend, i hope it will get better, maybe now when the money is gettin less maybe people start doin it for the love of hiphop n not just for the money

right now im listening to:

Baile Funk - brazilian funk
old school soul
all kinds of house music, lounge, triphop etc..groove armada, hed kandi compilations(www.hedkandi.com)
soul/r&b

there are some rappers i still look out for when the release something new, 
lil wayne, say what yall want about him but he got dope punchlines for days n hes pure comedy to me
the game
saigon i had hopes for dude, i hope he'll do good with hes album, ima support him n buy hes album
bishop lamont
dr dre - i expect the album to be 10/10
busta rhymes

man i dont remeber last time i heard an album with no songs u would skip,

when the quality of the music gets better i'll start listening again, until then fuck this shit, im tired of seeing the same videos n song with the same concepts..there is so much good music out there why listen to this shit anymore?damn i miss pac's shit!rip to the greatest rapper ever to hold a mic..

what yall think..am i wrong?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: goodbye hiphop,my thoughts on current state of hiphop + more
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 02:00:23 PM »
every rapper want the same 7-8 hot producers on their albums, tries the same recipe to make a successful album, they aint really good on their live appearances n nobody seems to give a fuck, 90% of em sounding the same, rappin bout same ol shit(i got money, hoes, bla bla bla)
Most rappers don't have a choice. Labels almost force them to work with the hottest producers so they're album will sell. Ironically album sales are down. :laugh: And if you don't talk about the same old shit, then your not going to get any spins on BETY, MTV or the radio. It's the industry that's fucked up. Trust me dude, I live in San Diego, and they have probably the worst hip-hop stations in America.That's why I completed stopped listening to the radio. Why would I want to hear the same songs the played 3 hours ago? Bump the MP3 player in my ride. 8)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 02:03:15 PM »
^ And they don't mind doing it becuz they just want the cash. Who's in the game now at days for the art of it? Crazy, crazy. :grumpy:

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 02:03:40 PM »
Get the new KRS-One and Marley Marl album!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 02:04:45 PM »
^ And they don't mind doing it becuz they just want the cash. Who's in the game now at days for the art of it? Crazy, crazy. :grumpy:
What cash? None of these fools are selling. And most of the decent artists would rather work with their in house and local producers, but they can't either way.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 02:04:54 PM »

Where is it?!? Lol. :P

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 02:06:50 PM »

On the internet :P

Anyways, there is still a lot of dope albums coming out which isnt "i got money, hoes, bla bla bla".. maybe not as many as in the 80's and 90's

Al Bundy

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 02:12:54 PM »

Anyways, there is still a lot of dope albums coming out which isnt "i got money, hoes, bla bla bla".. maybe not as many as in the 80's and 90's

Exactly. I'm always finding something new. Can you only listen to new releases? Because i'm always diggin around for some shit i've never heard.

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 02:20:03 PM »
Most rappers don't have a choice. Labels almost force them to work with the hottest producers so they're album will sell. Ironically album sales are down. :laugh: And if you don't talk about the same old shit, then your not going to get any spins on BETY, MTV or the radio. It's the industry that's fucked up. Trust me dude, I live in San Diego, and they have probably the worst hip-hop stations in America.That's why I completed stopped listening to the radio. Why would I want to hear the same songs the played 3 hours ago? Bump the MP3 player in my ride. 8)
yea i feel u homie, n i havent listened to radio in probably 5-6 years, n havent watched tv for about 3 years i stopped because of the shit they was playin/showin..

i now there are rappers like krs-one n marley marl still makin music that doesnt sound like others, i guess krs n marley marl just dont make the kind of music i like..i still respect krs alot though for all the shit hes done in hiphop..

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 02:25:13 PM »

Exactly. I'm always finding something new. Can you only listen to new releases? Because i'm always diggin around for some shit i've never heard.
Yeah I'm diggin around too.. I have beginned to listen to more Danish rap, I started with english... I like that i can understand 100% of what the rapper says ;)... Anyways the danish hiphop scene is dopeness at the moment

Big_Ron

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 12:00:25 AM »
If ya'll wanna check out some dope hiphop check out WRFG 89.3 FM at www.wrfg.org. Its a Atlanta radio station. Mon - Fri 3am - 6am and Sat 10pm - 2am

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 02:17:52 AM »
Yea I don't listen to the radio anymore either.  There may be a few songs that they play that I like but overall I don't like most of it and like you said they play them every 3 hours or so.. it gets annoying

A good free CD to check out is dude named Convinced he put an album out like last month or something and it was premiered on Dubcnn.  It's called "I Do it for the People"  He only had like 2 or 3 producers on the album and I think the whole album is fresh.

Grown Ass Kid

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 02:28:04 AM »
kind of a dramatic move homeboy, kinda female. but whatever, every once and a while i need a break from hip hop. you just gotta decide what you want to listen to and not overdo it

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 02:56:49 AM »
kind of a dramatic move homeboy, kinda female. but whatever, every once and a while i need a break from hip hop. you just gotta decide what you want to listen to and not overdo it
kinda female lol?eat a dick u lil bitch

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 03:19:56 AM »
Yeah, I feel the same way man. But like Ted has already said: blame the industry for this bullshit-music. The big CEO's are the ones responsible for blocking artistic freedom.
Then again, if you compare the hip-hop scene to any other genre, hip-hop has become more watered down...all for the sake of money. If you look at rock music, those groups never really sold out. Sure, they had to have a catchy first single most of the time, but their albums were consistent.

In my opinion, popular rappers - who got something to say in this game and who have earned their rep (Snoop, 50, Jay, ...) need to step up to the plate and stop rapping about cash & women. Jigga's doing a pretty good job as far as that concerned, but dudes like Mike Jones and them, they're the ones who fuck this rap game up.

But at the end of the day, it all boils down to money: if an artist has to choose between being on a major and getting a lot of exposure and money, or going with an indie an being able to make the album HE wants to, most rappers will choose the money. And THAT'S the sad thing about it.