Poll

Ruthless Records Vs. Deathrow.......bac in the day???

Ruthless
19 (32.8%)
Deathrow
39 (67.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ruthless Records Vs. Deathrow.......bac in the day  (Read 967 times)

annunaki

• Lil Geezy
Re: Ruthless Records Vs. Deathrow.......bac in the day
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2007, 03:20:15 AM »
I gotta say DeathRow, although not by far. If Above The Law was on DeathRow, that would of been something!

actually, ATL was signed on to DR at one point, i think in the late 90's or something like that. Back when Big Hutch was signed on as the lead producer for death row. i think they have an unreleased EP from the DR days, maybe... would be interesting to hear.
Above the law was signed to death row after the war which doesn't really count because Eazy wasn't alive and Dre wasn't with Death row anymore. ATL wouldn't ever of signed with suge if E was alive and the only reason they did in the late 90's was becasue of money problems and it didn't work because it was taboo for any ruthless niggaz to get down with Death row until all the beefs are settled and the and only then will both N.W.A sides be able to co exist. Death row niggaz is similar to rolling 60's and hoovers and the ruthless niggaz is similar to East coast crips and 83 gangstas. The hoovers and 60's get all the main stream hype while the East coasts and treys get all the credit for kicking up the dust.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2007, 10:04:31 AM »
I gotta say DeathRow, although not by far. If Above The Law was on DeathRow, that would of been something!

actually, ATL was signed on to DR at one point, i think in the late 90's or something like that. Back when Big Hutch was signed on as the lead producer for death row. i think they have an unreleased EP from the DR days, maybe... would be interesting to hear.
Above the law was signed to death row after the war which doesn't really count because Eazy wasn't alive and Dre wasn't with Death row anymore. ATL wouldn't ever of signed with suge if E was alive and the only reason they did in the late 90's was becasue of money problems and it didn't work because it was taboo for any ruthless niggaz to get down with Death row until all the beefs are settled and the and only then will both N.W.A sides be able to co exist. Death row niggaz is similar to rolling 60's and hoovers and the ruthless niggaz is similar to East coast crips and 83 gangstas. The hoovers and 60's get all the main stream hype while the East coasts and treys get all the credit for kicking up the dust.

I never understood all em ruthless cats who went to death row when E passed. Everybody know E hated suge and suge hated E, yet Hutch and Dresta tried to fucc wit Suge. In the beginnin they was all like best friends...but jealousy is a mothefucca.

villain

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2007, 10:51:53 AM »
you know what
its really hard to call this

both camps made classic music, made lotta money & history

If your saying who won, well its hard to say

Eazy died, that preety much ended ruthless, its was all too fast - he lived breathed and bled ruthless. back in the day if a cd came out from ruthless, that alone would help it sell, i remember being hyped seeing ads in magazines with the ruthless logo on the bottom.

With deathrow, they were on top, but fell real hard. The funny part is, it was the puppet masters doing, suge knight. the reason why death row is preety much dead is cus no one wants to fuck with suge, he is preety much a outkast in the industry. everyone he has touched he has fucked up there lives. thats no joke. i mean look at dre, he's fucked around aloooooot with him, he took dres baby mama michelle, he even took one of his sons, his record lable, his friends and artists, made dre ditch his best friend eazy, preety much used dre, and threw him out after.

Eazy said it best, "deathrow had 5 minutes of fame, and times up"

suge made history, but he really fucked up

he preety much tried to take ruthless down by fuckin it all up, breakin up nwa and all that, but you gotta give the e props, he came back with a vegence, before he died, he was preety much set to take the throne again, i mean look at that shit they were cookin up at the ruthless camp at the time eazy died

str8 off tha streetz of muthafuckin compton vol 1 and 2 double disk (first double disc to come out in rap b4 all eyez on me)

btnh - eternal - fuckin classic, i aint gota say shit more about this one

above the law - uncle sams curse - nuff said

kokane - funk upon a rhyme - classic music

mc ren - villain in black

dj yella and eazy e compilation that was suppose to drop - most of the bangers got used on one mo nigga to go - check out DirtyRed-Aint No love and bg knoccouts - dats how im livin and you'll understand wat i mean when i said they were cookin up some heat
nwa reunion

in my opinion, ruthless died with eazy, it was not eazy's fault or anyone else who thinks they might be "runnin it" today. someone wanted ruthless gone and out, eazy gone and out, and they got there way at the end. eazy took care of alot people, he ran his lable liken other ceo in history, i mean look at every other rap lable out there, bad boy, no limit and all that, no lable stayed on top and kept comin with release after release number 1 after number 1 like ruthless, 8 good solid years. deathrow did that too, but if you look at it hard enough, from 92-96/97 they released some bangers

when you compare both lables catalogues

ruthless wins hands down

NWA's discography
eazy e's discography
btnh discography
mc rens discography
DOC no one can do it better
Above the laws discography

go threw some of these cd's and count how many classics you can find, hell more then half the cd's in that list - you can listen to every song without skippin. i mean eazy even discovered bep, now they runnin the hip hop charts, eazys influence runs deep in rap but gets no love, its sad, but every muthafucka will know always who set this gangsta shit off

even above the law - they might not of had the succsess the dogg pound did at deathrow but shit, eazy e said it him self "above the law is not about making hit singles that get radio play or music videos for mtv and bet, atl is about dropping DOPE ALBUMS"

PS

RUTHLESS FOR LIFE

if it weren for old nigga eazy
dre would be doin number one hit after number one hit and be king of techno / rnb pop music

RIP 2 tha godfather - i hope u still smokin up above lil big man

villain

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2007, 10:57:56 AM »
damn got me thinkin

isnt shit kinda funny when u look back at it all

dre and deathrow was always talkin shit about eazy and jerry and all taht. the jew devil

dre went to work NOT with but FOR his bodyguard

his bodyguard ended up takin his girlfriend, his kid, his lable, his artists, friends, dissing him in public, having "DRE IS GAY" said on some of raps most classic songs, claimin dre wants to be "white", givin away his address on dvd, havin him punched in the face during award ceremonies, and god knows wat else

now dre is preety much in the same place eazy e was
he's got jimmy on his side, but the major difference there is, jimmy signs dres cheques, eazy signed jerrys

i love dres music, but personally  i feel dude made alot of mistakes, got taken advantage of and said alot of bullshit that came back and bit him n tha ass

Tha Chemist

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Regulator
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2007, 11:32:02 AM »
^^well put
WEST UP

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2007, 11:36:11 AM »
damn got me thinkin

isnt shit kinda funny when u look back at it all

dre and deathrow was always talkin shit about eazy and jerry and all taht. the jew devil

dre went to work NOT with but FOR his bodyguard

his bodyguard ended up takin his girlfriend, his kid, his lable, his artists, friends, dissing him in public, having "DRE IS GAY" said on some of raps most classic songs, claimin dre wants to be "white", givin away his address on dvd, havin him punched in the face during award ceremonies, and god knows wat else

now dre is preety much in the same place eazy e was
he's got jimmy on his side, but the major difference there is, jimmy signs dres cheques, eazy signed jerrys

i love dres music, but personally  i feel dude made alot of mistakes, got taken advantage of and said alot of bullshit that came back and bit him n tha ass

dre never made anti-semitic remarks, though he did call him a 'white bitch'

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

greko

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2007, 01:18:39 PM »
I voted for Death Row...

Just beacause I find Doggystyle & Chronic alone better than any cd from Ruthless (I'm not hatin. They have classic records also just not as good as Doggystyle & Chronic.)

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2007, 01:52:14 PM »
I voted Ruthless, they had the less popular artists for the most part but i thought thought they had more talent imo

the fuck...is u serious?? death row had fuckin dre and pac.....how much more talent can u get??

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2007, 01:57:15 PM »
I voted for Death Row...

Just beacause I find Doggystyle & Chronic alone better than any cd from Ruthless (I'm not hatin. They have classic records also just not as good as Doggystyle & Chronic.)

I pretty much agree with this

NOCDIB, SOC, efil4zaggin, and LLH are all kind of proto-types for chron/DS and approach the quality of ds/chron but not quite
-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

villain

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2007, 02:36:13 PM »
throughout the whole saga

all the music was pioneered and pieced by the legendary HI POWERED PRODUCTIONS, thas DJ Yella & Dr Dre. Think of all the hits they put togather, everything on early ruthless was a HiPowered production, but some might hate and say fuck yella he didnt do shit, its dre this that, but man yella has produced some bangin fuckin tracks and he gets no respect for em, his catalogue is short and sweet

eazy e - gimmie dat nut (u can hate but that song still gets bumped in clubs to this day)
eazy e - still a nigga (you gotta lvoe this joint, eazy and yella created a classic fir 187um killa)
eazy e - ole school shit, (great deathrow diss with the whole ruthless family, everyone spittin venom)
eazy e and mc ren - tha muthapukkkin real (great track)
the tracks of the menajahtwa album (classic album, eazy dresta knoccout, rhythm d, yella, dj uneek) great gfunk westcoast classic
foe da love of money - one of the most laid back gangsta songs of all time
the joints of his cd - one moe nigga to go, shows he still had his producing talent
westside story, aint no love, 4 tha e, killer beats

there are alot of rare dr dre remixes taht alot of us are not aware of that are out there from this era. tracks with above the law, the doc (bridgette, classic joint when all of nwa even cube was togather)

i wonder how many more hi powered production joints dre might have in his vault if there even are any.

ps and another funny thing, no one ever mentions this but people talk about dr dre and snoop dogg, how dre made snoop, people dont give above the law's big hutch aka cold187m credit cus he was one of the first dudes to fuck with snoop doggy dogg back then during the black mafia life/ niggaz4life era. all them 213 cats used to be around atl and nwa during recording of the music during that period, even a young 2pac was around. funny how alot of these artists would chill and listen to each others shit but never really laid no tracks togather. ive heard eazy e dropping in too shorts get in where you fit in studio sessions to get a early listen and bump with ant banks qd3 and short dogg where cookin up cus thats a classic album, imagine eazy gettin down with too short on that cd, damn. too bad thou cus eazy never really got down on tracks with people from out of his camp nor did he really let his artists collab on others cd's)

someone should post up some of them rare dre remixes from back then wtih atl and the doc

annunaki

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2007, 05:55:22 PM »
ATL put snoop,warren G and Tupac on The N.W.A tree.Snoop dogg was originally was supposed to be produced by Hutch and had arrangements to do so when Dre came at him to work with him at Solar. Warren G and hutch lived together at one point during this time and Tupac was put on with call what you want which was done way before the creation of Death row and the Chronic.

Tha Chemist

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Regulator
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2007, 09:49:03 PM »
I voted Ruthless, they had the less popular artists for the most part but i thought thought they had more talent imo

the fuck...is u serious?? death row had fuckin dre and pac.....how much more talent can u get??

yea i am serious, they had more talent that you have to go out there and find, instead of coming to you

lol if you know what im sayin
WEST UP

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2007, 08:56:54 AM »
ATL put snoop,warren G and Tupac on The N.W.A tree.Snoop dogg was originally was supposed to be produced by Hutch and had arrangements to do so when Dre came at him to work with him at Solar. Warren G and hutch lived together at one point during this time and Tupac was put on with call what you want which was done way before the creation of Death row and the Chronic.

thats all bullshit. ATL never put Snoop and Tupac on any NWA tree. Snoop was sometimes invited into the Audio Achievements because of Warren G. At one point he came in and found himself with a gun pointed to his dome. Niggas wasnt suppoosed to get in because one nigga invited another nigga. The Call It What U Want It shit was made in early '92, Death Row was already formed. 2pac used to hang around Eazy like a fuccin groupie bacc then. He used to be down wit Eazys hood. Its ironic that it was E's homies that eventually smoked 2pac.

Raphael

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2007, 10:54:48 AM »

thats all bullshit. ATL never put Snoop and Tupac on any NWA tree. Snoop was sometimes invited into the Audio Achievements because of Warren G. At one point he came in and found himself with a gun pointed to his dome. Niggas wasnt suppoosed to get in because one nigga invited another nigga. The Call It What U Want It shit was made in early '92, Death Row was already formed. 2pac used to hang around Eazy like a fuccin groupie bacc then. He used to be down wit Eazys hood. Its ironic that it was E's homies that eventually smoked 2pac.
:-X

villain

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2007, 10:58:51 AM »
lotta shady shit went on

orlando was close to eazy & its funny he smoked 2pac

through out the whole saga all i can say is this
lotta lives were changed
lotta shit went down
people got beat slapped shot at and killed