Author Topic: New Clinton Wayne Interview @ Westified.com  (Read 65 times)

XL Middleton

• Crown City Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.xlmiddleton.com
XLMIDDLETON.COM
TWITTER.COM/XLMIDDLETON
FACEBOOK.COM/XLMIDDLETON
YOUTUBE.COM/XLMIDDLETONMUSIC
MYSPACE.COM/XLMIDDLETON

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: New Clinton Wayne Interview @ Westified.com
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 07:10:36 PM »
"Clinton Wayne: Well F-Major as you said, but I [also] have Nick Coldhands, Dr. Stank, XL Middleton, Chilly Chill, Ben Franklin, Da Beathoven, Face It and possibly Blaqthoven, Meech Wells, and Terrace Martin."

Damn thats a dope production line up.

Another interesting thing he said...

"Westified.com: How do you feel that you fit into the new generation of West Coast artists? How does your approach to music set you apart from the rest?

Clinton Wayne: I don't fit in, if I did I would be on top. I'm not the "New West", I'm trying to be Mr. Universe. What sets me apart is simple. I'm not LA, Watts, or Compton, I'm from the Desert. Unfortunately, it seems that's what it takes to even be considered "New West". The Desert doesn't exist as well as the I.E. Right.

Westified.com: How do you feel about the current West Coast hip hop scene in general? What do you think needs to be done to advance the scene as a whole

Clinton Wayne: The West Coast scene is lame in all honesty. Payola is stronger than the streets. There is no such thing as "gangsta rap" anymore out here. People from the hood are prostituting themselves for the almighty dollar. You have to be part of a certain circle or you don't exist. Talent is not a requirement for success anymore. Clinton Wayne theory for the hood: I make music to make money, so if DJ's get paid to play they're robbing you of your chance to get paid. So would I be wrong if I robbed them? Think about it."

I think hes right about how the I.E. (and desert) don't seem to exist....shames 'cause I.E. Crew seem to be ONE OF THE dopest groups out the west. Sly Boogy, Dr Stank, Dirty Birdy, Diamoniqgue, Lunch....damn they all dope. As far as his statement about The West Coast rap scene is lame, well as long as he can stick by his words a put out quality music then good on him for at least standing up for what he believes in.

Good read XL....bit unfortunate to not get a shoutout at the end lol..oh well, it's al gravy.

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 05:08:06 AM »
i'm tired of these broke ass rappers whining on the net all the time cause they don't get enough recognition

waaaaaa waaaaa i'm better than them and they don't consider meee waaaaa

get the fuck outta here and keep working on your music hoes  8)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 05:17:03 AM »
Nice interview. Hopefully he'll get the recognition he deserves. Dude's mixtapes are among of my favorite releases of 2006 & 2007.