Author Topic: This series proves why Duncan is better than Shaq  (Read 3883 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: This series proves why Duncan is better than Shaq
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2007, 06:06:17 PM »
^Kobe had ONE series against them...Every Laker had a bad series against Detroit in that series. Kobe was STILL superior to Shaq from 2002 on...PeACe

he had more series against the suns and he managed to do WORSE against them.

With MUCH LESS of a supporting cast.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2007, 06:58:07 PM »
Not against the Pistons he wasn't. D-Wade and LBJ have both beaten the pistons in a playoff series. Something Kobe hasn't done

Every player has one team he always struggles against. For Kobe - its the Pistons. He struggles against them eve in the regular season (as this season proved).

But don't get it twisted, Wade and Lebron are playing against a weakers Pistons team. You can make an argument for Wade, but Lebron couldn't beat the Pistons till Big Ben darted for Chi town.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

teecee

« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2007, 07:50:12 PM »
LOL@"dominating" the debate...He keeps mentioning how Shaq played less minutes and had less shot attempts, but the offense was running through him. Why is this? THATS RIGHT

The problem with Shaq was that he was OUT OF SHAPE, he couldn't play as many minutes as Kobe. By EVERY 4th quarter, Shaq was already worn out, and couldn't even get off the ground.

Why ignore my main point?

Saying no one had an answer for Shaq in thats series is pretty funny, considering the amount of analysts claiming Ben Wallace shut him down by wearing him out early in the games...Also funny how you keep ignoring that Kobe was undisputedly superior by 2004...PeACe

Kobe was better throughout much of that season, but YOU are ignoring that Shaq was better than Kobe IN THE FINALS, when elite players are at their best.  Kobe sucked, case closed.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2007, 08:54:50 PM »
Looking back, Kobe did take some awful shots in Game 2...

I'd love to see that series again.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2007, 09:45:36 PM »
Again, you keep denying that the offense was running through Shaq because he was too fat to hold up for a whole game. That makes no sense. And you keep ignoring that this was not vintage Shaq, this was Shaq who put up less than 10 rebounds in 2/5 Finals games and couldn't pick up more than half a block average over the whole series...Come on now...PeACe
i like how you ignore that kobe wasn't playing like vintage kobe, and when given the chance to have the offense run through him he dropped the ball. he's dropped the ball four consecutive seasons when given that chance, and you want shaq to defer to that? no way

if shaq couldn't hold it up for a whole game than neither could kobe, shaq only played 3.6 minutes less than kobe in that series, what are you talking about. he put forth an enormous effort.

fact of the matter is shaq stepped up his game from averaging 20 points to averaging 27 points, he stepped it up on LESS shot attempts and LESS involvment, even if he wasn't averaging 38 points and 16 rebounds.....he would have if the lakers were ABLE to get clear passing lanes to him. also, he was still out performing most other mvp winners before and after that series. in fact if the lakers woiuld have won that series shaq would have been the mvp....you can't deny that.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

WC Iz Active

« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2007, 09:53:18 PM »
JAKE how do u call yourself a Laker fan?? LOL I think you are just a SHAQ Fan and not a actual fan of the LA Lakers

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2007, 09:54:24 PM »
^u can't be serious

WC Iz Active

« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2007, 09:55:11 PM »
^u can't be serious

I dont know homie it just seems like you are always dissing the lakers and kobe to piss off NIK

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2007, 09:58:35 PM »
i certainly don't agree with his blind analysis. but what you can't deny is that when the offense ran through shaq with kobe as the SIDEKICK, the lakers won more. shaq was still the biggest asset in the league. i'm still pissed we traded away potentially 2 championships. that's a fan, someone who can critique the downfall of a dynasty because of his disgust.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2007, 10:26:12 PM »
i certainly don't agree with his blind analysis. but what you can't deny is that when the offense ran through shaq with kobe as the SIDEKICK, the lakers won more. shaq was still the biggest asset in the league. i'm still pissed we traded away potentially 2 championships. that's a fan, someone who can critique the downfall of a dynasty because of his disgust.

Nah I gotta agree with Spice on this one. You know me and you have never had any problems but it really seems like you're a Shaq fan who only tolerated Kobe because he was on your favorite players team.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2007, 11:03:44 PM »
1. laker fan yes
2. shaq fan yes
3. kobe fan no
<------

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2007, 11:09:05 PM »
Well color me disappointed.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2007, 10:18:54 AM »
LOL@"dominating" the debate...He keeps mentioning how Shaq played less minutes and had less shot attempts, but the offense was running through him. Why is this? THATS RIGHT

The problem with Shaq was that he was OUT OF SHAPE, he couldn't play as many minutes as Kobe. By EVERY 4th quarter, Shaq was already worn out, and couldn't even get off the ground.

Why ignore my main point?

Saying no one had an answer for Shaq in thats series is pretty funny, considering the amount of analysts claiming Ben Wallace shut him down by wearing him out early in the games...Also funny how you keep ignoring that Kobe was undisputedly superior by 2004...PeACe

Kobe was better throughout much of that season, but YOU are ignoring that Shaq was better than Kobe IN THE FINALS, when elite players are at their best.  Kobe sucked, case closed.

The whole team sucked, but a lazy Shaq that couldn't play a full game was the one "leading"...That's where the problem was.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2007, 10:21:10 AM »
Looking back, Kobe did take some awful shots in Game 2...

I'd love to see that series again.

Give Kobe the offense, and that's what he'd be doing the whole series...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2007, 10:24:51 AM »
Again, you keep denying that the offense was running through Shaq because he was too fat to hold up for a whole game. That makes no sense. And you keep ignoring that this was not vintage Shaq, this was Shaq who put up less than 10 rebounds in 2/5 Finals games and couldn't pick up more than half a block average over the whole series...Come on now...PeACe
i like how you ignore that kobe wasn't playing like vintage kobe, and when given the chance to have the offense run through him he dropped the ball. he's dropped the ball four consecutive seasons when given that chance, and you want shaq to defer to that? no way

if shaq couldn't hold it up for a whole game than neither could kobe, shaq only played 3.6 minutes less than kobe in that series, what are you talking about. he put forth an enormous effort.

fact of the matter is shaq stepped up his game from averaging 20 points to averaging 27 points, he stepped it up on LESS shot attempts and LESS involvment, even if he wasn't averaging 38 points and 16 rebounds.....he would have if the lakers were ABLE to get clear passing lanes to him. also, he was still out performing most other mvp winners before and after that series. in fact if the lakers woiuld have won that series shaq would have been the mvp....you can't deny that.

Kobe wasn't ALLOWED to have a vintage Kobe series...After his amazing performance in Game 2, he only had 13 attempts in Game 3!!! If the Lakers were running under Kobe, NO WAY that happens..

even if he wasn't averaging 38 points and 16 rebounds.....he would have if the lakers were ABLE to get clear passing lanes to him

LMAO!