Author Topic: Odom+Bynum For Garnett? Kwame+Luke+Pick For Marion? Kareem Rush Returning?  (Read 875 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I'd like to start by saying we're NOT trading Kobe...Buss didn't do it with Magic, and he sure as hell wont do it with Kobe. This is where the dynasty begins. Every Laker fan will be thanking Kobe in a year. So many possibilities, lets begin by discussing the rumor I heard this morning of a deal for Garnett centering around Bynum and Odom (dunno if more is to be involved). I would personally welcome this trade over the Odom+Bynum for JO, though I'm not fully sure how I feel about it yet. I really like Odom, and have a lot of faith in Bynum and what's invested in him. That being said, Garnett would make us instant contenders and would probably make it easier for us to sign free agents...Another trade that is in talks is the Kwame+Luke+19th pick for Shawn Marion trade. I personally don't think it's a great trade, but if we go through with the Garnett trade, Odom is gone, and Marion is the replacement...That makes this trade seem a lot more appetizing. Last but not least, I'd like to talk about this article I stumbled upon on my boy, Kareem Rush, and his possible return to the Lakers....

Kareem Rush Fighting for a Return to the NBA

By Travis Heath
for HOOPSWORLD.com
Jun 17, 2007, 22:48

Kareem Rush was once a critical role player for the Los Angeles Lakers. To remember just how critical, let's take a quick walk down memory lane...

It was the spring of 2004 and the Los Angeles Lakers were looking to closeout a pesky Minnesota Timberwolves squad. One would have expected the usual suspects -- Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal -- to step up and deliver the knockout blow. Instead, Rush rose to the occasion and nailed six of seven three-point attempts to seal the Wolves' fate and send the Lakers back to another NBA Finals appearance.

At that moment, it seemed like Rush might be on the verge of becoming a very solid NBA player. Oh how quickly things can change.

After Phil Jackson's departure, Rush was deemed expendable and traded to the Charlotte Bobcats. Success never materialized for Rush in Charlotte, and he was given a chance in Seattle at the start of last season. But after a groin injury severely limited Rush's effectiveness, he found himself playing overseas in Lithuania for Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius.

The journey has been a trying one for Rush.

"It's something new," Rush told me on Sunday. "It's something that I've never experience playing basketball. I've always been successful and always been wherever I need to be. But last year I went through some adversity getting hurt in Seattle and then having to go overseas and play for a year. But I think it's only made me stronger as a person and a player. I rededicated myself to the game, and hopefully this summer I can show some team that I can be a key player."

This past weekend, he tried to show the Denver Nuggets just how serious he is about a comeback by participating in the team's free agent camp.

"I'm out here grinding and trying to get on the team," Rush said with a hungry smile.

But how could things have gone so wrong for a young man who showed so much potential?

"It's a lot of different things," Rush confided. "Some bad things have been said about me, but I can't even pay attention to that. I've just got to stay true to who I am, keep working hard and show some team that takes a chance on me that I can be a good asset."

Late last season it was reported the Los Angeles Lakers and Rush's old coach Phil Jackson were very close to introducing him back into the Laker fold. Rush confirmed such sentiment on Sunday.

"There's always been talk. They tried to get me back this past year during the playoffs, but I was already overseas so we couldn't make that happen. You know, the interest is always there. If Phil would have never left the Lakers, I probably would still be there now. I just loved playing for him, and if the opportunity comes and they come calling then maybe I look at that. But right now I'm just trying to show a lot of different teams what I'm capable of doing, and hopefully by July 1st I'll have some teams interested."

If the Lakers aren't interested, the Denver Nuggets very well may be.

"I talked to George Karl today, and he said the interest is there," Rush acknowledged. "But that's up to my agent and them to discuss whatever they need to discuss. I'm always open to come and play for any team. I'm trying to fight my way back into this league, and hopefully some team will take a chance on me."

There's no doubt the Nuggets need another shooter and Rush could fit that bill. However, Rush was quick to point out any team that signed him would be getting more than just a shooter.

"I wouldn't really consider myself a shooter. I consider myself more of a scorer. I'm not driving to the basket doing dunks, but I'm not just standing in the corner shooting shots. I can shoot off the move and do a lot of different things shooting the ball.

"But being a shooter's not bad as long as they call me a good one," Rush joked.

Shooter, scorer or just basketball player, Rush helped himself with his performance this weekend in Denver. And with the lessons he's learned going through the NBA school of hard knocks, Rush appears ready to rise again.

"You've got to handle yourself like a professional," said Rush when asked to describe what he learned from his NBA hiatus. "This is a job. This is not a kid's game. This is a man's game. When I was younger I did some immature things, but now that I'm 26 going on 27, I've learned to be a better professional."

Don't be surprised if that professionalism helps Rush find the NBA roster spot he's searching so hard for going into the 2007-08 campaign.

Kareem Rush can be had with the vets min!...Rush is your 6th man, he thrives in the triangle, and can run the point in Phil's system! All this makes the Lakers less desperate for a top-notch point guard, and we STILL have the MLE to spend...Mo Williams? Steve Blake? Charlie Bell? I would take any of those. Top it off with a PJ Brown signing...Now what do we have?

PG Mo Williams...Jordan Farmar/Sasha Vujacic
SG Kobe Bryant...Kareem Rush
SF Shawn Marion...Vladimir Radmanovic/Mo Evans
PF Kevin Garnett...Ronny Turiaf/Brian Cook
C Chris Mihm...PJ Brown (vets min)

:o :o

Jerry Buss has the pieces to work with. Have faith...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

We're not getting Garnett. Kevin McHale already said he would rather trade him to any of the other 28 teams besides the Lakers, plus he just came out and said he's not interested in what the Lakers have to offer. There's still a possibility of a 3-team trade that would bring us K.G. but at this point, I don't have faith in our FO whatsoever.

As far as Kareem Rush - BRING HIM BACK NOW!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
I never understood why the Lakers traded Rush in the first place.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
i remember after working out carlos boozer in 02, we went after rush instead (through the chris jefferies trade), and we ended up trading rush anyways. pieces of shit.

and suns arent gonna trade marion to the lakers. its been the same story for every team looking to trade a player... their front office constantly thinks they can get something better, they hold off until they can find a better deal, and then the season starts and he's still on the team.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

We're not getting Garnett. Kevin McHale already said he would rather trade him to any of the other 28 teams besides the Lakers, plus he just came out and said he's not interested in what the Lakers have to offer. There's still a possibility of a 3-team trade that would bring us K.G. but at this point, I don't have faith in our FO whatsoever.

If we don't get Garnett, I seriously think we'll end up getting either Gasol or JO for the same deal (Odom+Bynum). Either that or Bynum+19th Pick for Artest...A big deal is amongst us. Just watch.

GangstaBoogy

If we don't get Garnett, I seriously think we'll end up getting either Gasol or JO for the same deal (Odom+Bynum). Either that or Bynum+19th Pick for Artest...A big deal is amongst us. Just watch.

Fuck trading Bynum and the 19th pick for Artest!

rik

I don't want to trade Odom, but if it gets us KG I say do it.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lmfao.. yup, that's exactly the very best the wolves could possibly get for one of the most talented PFs ever.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bynum and Odom are spare parts not even worthy to be mentioned as consideration for a Garnett trade. GangstaBoogy has the right idea if the Lakers want to have a chance at all to get him.

thisoneguy360

Damn I never knew Rush was over here (Seattle)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I somewhat agree, but if it means keeping Kobe, I'm all for it...

PG Mo Williams
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Ron Artest
PF Lamar Odom
C Kwame Brown

Looks nice to me....PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

lmfao.. yup, that's exactly the very best the wolves could possibly get for one of the most talented PFs ever.

Better than Odom AND Bynum and for an out-of-prime big in his 30's? LOL.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Bynum and Odom are spare parts not even worthy to be mentioned as consideration for a Garnett trade. GangstaBoogy has the right idea if the Lakers want to have a chance at all to get him.

LMAO@Odom and Bynum (one of the most sought after young players in the league) being "spare parts". That's a good one. Don't you also think KG has a say in where he's going?

GangstaBoogy

I somewhat agree, but if it means keeping Kobe, I'm all for it...

PG Mo Williams
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Ron Artest
PF Lamar Odom
C Kwame Brown

Looks nice to me....PeACe

Believe me, the last thing I've ever wanted to see happen in life is Kobe wearing another team's jersey. But if keeping him means trading Bynum and possibly Nick Young for Ron Arest - farewell K.B.!

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!

LMAO@Odom and Bynum (one of the most sought after young players in the league) being "spare parts". That's a good one. Don't you also think KG has a say in where he's going?

McHale has already fucked everybody else over, why not Garnett too by trading him to a team without his consent? In reality, no Garnett has no say in where he is going. The Wolves will trade him to whomever will give them the best players possible to rebuild. It sucks for Garnett, but that is the truth.

And yes, Odom and Bynum are spare parts to a team that really aren't in any better shape than the Wolves. Sure, the Lakers actually made the playoffs, but if those two aren't helping LA past the first round, what makes you think the Wolves want them? Minnesota doesn't need anymore future prospects, they need proven players with experience.