Author Topic: For Anyone Doubting The Number 19 Selection By The Lakers, Javaris Crittenton...  (Read 954 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Man, Jose Barea looks like a franchise player in those type of games lol. The real NBA is different.
Oden and Durant look like shit in those games...

Everybody is willing to show them that the NBA is a different beast... blocking Oden or Durant is a much greater joy than blocking Javaris... I'm just saying tho. Kid could be something, but Kobe needs to win now.

Critt is not gunna be our starter...

herpes

The Lakers could draft any random dubcc member and NIK would still talk about how with a few years under his belt, a good coach, and good system, that random dubcc member can be a all star.  Whats the excuse going be when Kwame continues to suck this year ?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^How did I know that your post in here wasn't gunna be about Javaris Crittenton?...And to top that off, when did I mention anything about him being an all-star?...Stop the nutridage, Tommy. The look is out.

Doggystylin

lmfao @ the last 2 posts

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Last nights pre-season game was a confrimation of things to come in the future for the Lakers and Critt. 8)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Last nights pre-season game was a confrimation of things to come in the future for the Lakers and Critt. 8)

Man don't you have a video or something? Of the game? I'm hella curious about this guy. He looks so impressive! Could be the steal of the draft.

d-nice

How much are Lakers pre season tickets running?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Man don't you have a video or something? Of the game? I'm hella curious about this guy. He looks so impressive! Could be the steal of the draft.

Naah, I don't have a video, but he looked like a future all-star, without a doubt...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch

if you want to buy some for bako they're running anywhere from 100-2000

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

DAMMMMMMMN.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Naah, I don't have a video, but he looked like a future all-star, without a doubt...PeACe

8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
And since I doubt Fisher is going to start more then half of the season, they're is a slight chance that Phil Jackson will actually play Crittenton. :)

d-nice

HELL NAH, Not for no pre season game. Can I kick it courtside with Jack for 2 grand?  ;D I want to go to a Laker game but the prices are insane.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Postcards From Hawaii: Javaris Crittenton Blog

Posted: October 10, 2007 4:07pm

Last night went well, but we lost ya know. I think I played pretty well with the time I was given. I didn’t really have any jitters when I first got in, it was just like that moment, that “Wow I’m in my first NBA game” moment. After I went up and down once I was cool.

The whole night was a great experience. Getting to the game dressed in my jeans and button up and nice shoes. It’s a whole different style from college. I’d come to my college games in jeans and my white T or t-shirt and tennis shoes or whatever. Now I have to come to the games dressed appropriately, professionally. Then getting dressed and sitting in the locker room with my teammates, having my jersey under the Lakers warm-up and everything.

Before the game I did the meet and greet thing with some fans, then went on the court and got up some shots. That was about it, just got ready for the game. Went out and focused. We were down by a lot early in the game, but we fought back really hard.

I think I penetrated well and that opened up some things for my teammates. I got into the paint and scored in traffic. I was able to get in there and I found the shooters a few times when they collapsed on me. I penetrated and I got fouled a lot and got to the line. I’ve been putting up a lot of shots after practice and really practicing my free throws.

I made my first couple buckets, then the next time I came down my man sagged off of me. We come down and look for our offense, but we can push it in transition and see if we have anything. I like to get it out and run, I like to push it and see what I have. I pushed it up court and he backed like two feet off of me. If someone’s going to back that far off of you... I mean you can run the offense, but if you have the jump shot then pull up. I was in rhythm, I was coming down under control, and I just pulled up.

I also tried to take it down in the post when I could. I’m a big point guard, so when I get a smaller guard on me, someone that’s 6-2/6-1 and under, and I can catch him in the post and turn around and shoot over the top of him, or fade, or hit him with a post move and get to the bucket, or hit him with a post move to draw another defender then find my teammate it opens up things. Things open up when you have a big guard that can post up.

People have been underestimating me my whole life. I’m pretty big, pretty strong for my size, and I’m pretty quick. People are going to start to realize that when they see me on the court and see me play a little bit more. That’s the reason that I slipped to 19 and I’m with the Lakers. All those teams that passed up on me are going to see their mistake. The Lakers are going to be happy to have me, because I’m happy to be here.

I made a good read and was able to throw an alley-oop to Andrew in the 2nd half. Me and Andrew, we kind of vibe with each other a lot, so I kind of know him. He spun off and I threw it over the top and he dunked it. It’s a play where you have to read the defender and read Andrew and his position. He was open. I caught him with that same pass today in practice.

I ended up with only one assist. I was getting in the paint and getting fouled. A few times I did find shooters, but they had to take dribbles. I was penetrating, looking, looking, looking, but most of the time I was able to get fouled or score in the lane. We’ll work on that tomorrow.

It was cool matching up with a veteran like Troy Hudson in my first NBA experience. I wish I would have got to play against Baron (Davis) a little bit more. He’s a good friend of mine and he had a good night. I was just mad that Troy hit that shot at the end. He had just shot an air ball the previous possession and I thought he was going to penetrate and try to get to the basket. Don’t get me wrong, I was still there on the jump shot. It was like, give him a step, so if he shoots the jumper you can contest and if he tries to penetrate you’re there to stop him. I was thinking he was going to penetrate since he just shot an air ball, but he put it up and made the shot.

In practice today we worked on getting out and pushing it, making sure everybody can run. That’s important to Phil this year in the offense, the live dribble and getting out and running and kicking it ahead so we can start our offense early instead of letting the defense get set. Everybody knows the triangle, we’ve been doing it forever, not to say that they can just stop it because everybody knows it, but still you allow the defense to setup, so we just push it forward and see what we got.

I’m just chillin for the rest of the day. About to shower, go grab something to eat with my teammates, and look forward to tomorrow. I’m ready to come out and play harder. I want to win; it’s about winning for me. I’m just going to play hard, contribute on defense, just try to light my man up on defense, get everybody involved, make sure we’re getting out and running, just play the game. Play the game like I always play it.

-Javaris Crittenton

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I’m ready to come out and play harder. I want to win; it’s about winning for me.

-Javaris Crittenton[/i]

8)