Author Topic: Marcol Belinelli Warrior's 18th pick lighting shit up  (Read 487 times)

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Marcol Belinelli Warrior's 18th pick lighting shit up
« on: July 11, 2007, 07:47:40 PM »
My favorite import: Marco Belinelli

It's simply impossible not to pick the Italian. He's become such an instant favorite with the Vegas crowds -- averaging 25.0 points through three games and generally commanding Best Player So Far status from coaches and personnel types in attendance -- that most of his misses from outside are met with a disappointed groan from fans.

Ever since that 14-for-20 shooting spree in Belinelli's 37-point opener, the locals apparently think that Golden State's No. 18 pick is supposed to make every shot.

"But he's not just a shooter," said one Western Conference executive. "Don't be mistaken. He had [Philadelphia's Rodney] Carney isolated at the top of the key, beat him with a super crossover and finished at the rim over two people. He's going to fit right into the way Golden State plays. And he's not as bad defensively as people thought. Philly tried to iso him a few times in that game and he did a decent job."

I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

WC Iz Active

Re: Marcol Belinelli Warrior's 18th pick lighting shit up
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 10:23:03 PM »
warriors have such a tight future!!!!!!!!!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 10:36:46 PM »
^ only if B.Diddy can miraculously stay healthy. I'd like to see Golden State play Phoenix in the playoffs, that'd be one hell of a matchup.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 10:37:51 PM »
BD staying healthy is a huge IF

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 11:01:08 PM »
I told y'all! about one year ago.

No man, i didn't know it. I made his name just cause i knew how good he is (he showed it in the last World Cup tournament tho) and how he is the perfect european C (great outside, wonderful 3pts shooting, great zonal defence, wack one on one defence). But it's not really a big surprise, if you ask me. I mean Toronto Raptors named former Benetton Treviso (an italian team) GM Maurizio Gherardini as the club's vice president and assistant general manager of Colangelo. I know Gherardini very well, he's a wonderful talent scout who worked extremely well in Treviso. He's the one who acquired Garbajosa when he was still a good but not superstar C in Treviso (and Treviso made him a superstar) and he's the one who helped Bargnani reach the NBA #1 draft pick playing in Treviso. So for him to select two former Treviso stars like PF Bargnani and to C Garbajosa had to be a natural thing. Plus Anthony Parker, well everybody in Europe knows he's the Michael Jordan of Euroleague. That explains why Colangelo did a great job this year. And that's what i'm talking about!! The NBA needs people like Maurizio Gherardini. I criticized the selection of Bargani saying Garbajosa was more ready for the NBA. Well.. Gherardini acquired both, so nothing to say, hands down, great offseason for him.

About Halperin i must admit he's a pretty good talent, but he's not yet ready for the NBA. This year, without Parker, it will be an "in or out" season for him. He has to step us as the leader of Maccabi, so i'll just wait and see him. If you want a name of a player who will make noise in the next NBA draft it is Marco Belinelli, an italian all-around player from Bologna. I predict him to be selected in one the first 5 positions. I prefeer him to Halperin, by far (if Sasha Vujacic can be in the rotation in the Lakers... Belinelli can START!).

Remember my words.

8)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 11:07:44 PM by Antonio »

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 09:35:39 AM »
I told y'all! about one year ago.

No man, i didn't know it. I made his name just cause i knew how good he is (he showed it in the last World Cup tournament tho) and how he is the perfect european C (great outside, wonderful 3pts shooting, great zonal defence, wack one on one defence). But it's not really a big surprise, if you ask me. I mean Toronto Raptors named former Benetton Treviso (an italian team) GM Maurizio Gherardini as the club's vice president and assistant general manager of Colangelo. I know Gherardini very well, he's a wonderful talent scout who worked extremely well in Treviso. He's the one who acquired Garbajosa when he was still a good but not superstar C in Treviso (and Treviso made him a superstar) and he's the one who helped Bargnani reach the NBA #1 draft pick playing in Treviso. So for him to select two former Treviso stars like PF Bargnani and to C Garbajosa had to be a natural thing. Plus Anthony Parker, well everybody in Europe knows he's the Michael Jordan of Euroleague. That explains why Colangelo did a great job this year. And that's what i'm talking about!! The NBA needs people like Maurizio Gherardini. I criticized the selection of Bargani saying Garbajosa was more ready for the NBA. Well.. Gherardini acquired both, so nothing to say, hands down, great offseason for him.

About Halperin i must admit he's a pretty good talent, but he's not yet ready for the NBA. This year, without Parker, it will be an "in or out" season for him. He has to step us as the leader of Maccabi, so i'll just wait and see him. If you want a name of a player who will make noise in the next NBA draft it is Marco Belinelli, an italian all-around player from Bologna. I predict him to be selected in one the first 5 positions. I prefeer him to Halperin, by far (if Sasha Vujacic can be in the rotation in the Lakers... Belinelli can START!).

Remember my words.

8)

congrats. 

you get a prop.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 10:29:36 AM »
dude takes and makes crazy shots ... he can be a nice 6th man without a doubt .. nowadays 70% of the NBA teams can't D so he will have good postions (he's great at creating them and has a very quick release) and is a perfect fit for the Warriors.. only concern is he will in trouble defensive wise against NBA guards coz he's not strong but after all the Warriors don't care about D so no pb for him...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 10:53:16 AM »
Personally, I'm glad the Warriors took him with that 18 making Crtitt slip all the way to 19. 8)

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 10:57:22 AM »
^^ a lot of people that i talked to like danny ainge and flip saunders who was sitting right next to me thought the lakers reached a lil to far for critt and that hes not NBA ready at all.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 11:02:39 AM »
^^ a lot of people that i talked to like danny ainge and flip saunders who was sitting right next to me thought the lakers reached a lil to far for critt and that hes not NBA ready at all.

LMAO...Critt was projected by some as a lottery pick...If anything, Belinelli was scooped up too soon, as he was projected to go in the mid to late 20's. Critt is an amazing prospect who has already had some brilliant performances for the Lakers in the SPL...PeACe

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 11:05:21 AM »
^^yea my bad sorry to ruffle ur feathers im just repeating what flip saunders said to me but what the fuck does he know right. you have far more b-ball knowledge than that idiot. anywayz were talking about the warriors pick in here not ur boy critt who's not nba ready. so moderate yourself into the critt thread or whatever the fuck that guys name is. THANK YOU COME AGAIN

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 11:13:24 AM »
^^yea my bad sorry to ruffle ur feathers im just repeating what flip saunders said to me but what the fuck does he know right. you have far more b-ball knowledge than that idiot. anywayz were talking about the warriors pick in here not ur boy critt who's not nba ready. so moderate yourself into the critt thread or whatever the fuck that guys name is. THANK YOU COME AGAIN

Maybe I should trust the great scouting skills of Danny Ainge?

All I'm saying is that I'm glad Benelli got picked up early, cuz I know the Lakers were high on him...Critt was a lottery prospect who slipped. Flip Saunders is a dumbfuck, I doubt he knows anything or is responsible for any of the basketball decisions made in Detroit...Dude's a COACH. And where the hell did you talk to Danny Ainge and Flip Saunders to begin with?

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 11:16:02 AM »
monday in vegas. the first summer league game was the celts against the blazers i think. 2nd was pistons against the grizz got to see afflalo and conley JR go at it with each other. 3rd game the W's. $75 the best seat in the house for all 3 games. courtside had a hella good time

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 11:16:57 AM »
Italy has a great generation of young skilled players who will make noise in the NBA, mark my words. You've already appreciated Andrea Bargnani, this year you'll appreciate Marco Belinelli and the next year it will be the year of Danilo Gallinari. Those three are fantastic all-around players who can compete in the NBA for sure. Crittenton is by far a better athlete, but Belinelli is a starter for the Italian League (don't underrate it, homie), for the Italian National team and he has Euroleague experience. He knows how to handle the pressure, and he will do damage in the States too, because he has the right mentality to ask for the ball and to shoot. Javaris looks awesome. But they're very different players, you can't compare them. I simply hoped for Mitch to sign him (on a side note: he impressed him in the pre-draft workouts), but GSW drafted him just one spot behind us. I'm not saying he's better for sure. But he's a good draft pick.

And, like i said, he's by far a better player than Sasha Vujacic.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 11:19:24 AM »
+1 for the info hommie. always good to have someone like you educate NIk and I about a couple of players that we know very little about.