Author Topic: Celtics sign Eddie House and aren't done yet  (Read 760 times)

GangstaBoogy

Celtics sign Eddie House and aren't done yet
« on: August 01, 2007, 07:39:24 PM »
Free Agents Now Calling Boston
In a rather amazing turn of events, Boston has suddenly become a desirable city for NBA free agents. Agents for legitimate veteran players were actually calling the Celtics yesterday, looking to place their clients in Boston as news of Kevin Garnett’s arrival spilled out further.

Presently, agents and league sources confirm that the Celts are looking at four point guards and five big men as they try to find the right players to support their talented trio.

Eddie House, Troy Hudson, Brevin Knight and Charlie Bell are reportedly on the point guard list. Bell is a restricted free agent, which makes his situation a little different (Milwaukee can match any offer he gets). Hudson had his contract bought out by the Timberwolves yesterday, making him a free agent. And while the C’s were previously steering away from Knight because of alleged locker room issues, a source said, “Hey, just about everyone that’s out there now has (a few) spots.”

As for big men, Doc Rivers said the Celts are “very interested” in Dikembe Mutombo as a backup center, while P.J. Brown, Michael Ruffin, Calvin Booth and Scot Pollard are also under consideration.

Celtics Sign House And Manuel
The Celtics signed guards Eddie House and Jackie Manuel this afternoon to one-year contracts, Danny Ainge said.

"Eddie is one of the best shooters in the league," Ainge said. "He adds firepower to our bench and depth to our backcourt."

With regard to Manuel, a former North Carolina player, "He's a great defender."

While no additional moves are imminent, Ainge also said the Celtics "were not done yet."

Kendrick Perkins
Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce
Ray Allen / Tony Allen
Rajon Rondo / Eddie House

Nice core. Add a defensive stopper (Posey and Patterson are still available) and the Celtics would be killers.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

jeromechickenbone

Re: Celtics sign Eddie House and aren't done yet
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 08:07:18 PM »
Ainge is officially not fucking around.

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 08:09:28 PM »
pretty good pickup...won't really fix there PG problem though...Just add some much-needed depth 2 it..,They should of picked up Brevin Knight, he would come cheap, and is much better than House...I guess they still can
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 09:14:36 PM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 10:08:07 PM »

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 10:08:11 PM »
pretty good pickup...won't really fix there PG problem though...Just add some much-needed depth 2 it..,They should of picked up Brevin Knight, he would come cheap, and is much better than House...I guess they still can

Boston has A LOT of faith in Rondo. Hell they must if they're trusting him to be the floor general on the same court as Garnett, Pierce, and Allen. But Eddie House is more of an undersized shooting guard (which is fine for a bench player).

Danny Ainge for GM of the year!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 10:20:29 PM »

Boston has A LOT of faith in Rondo. Hell they must if they're trusting him to be the floor general on the same court as Garnett, Pierce, and Allen. But Eddie House is more of an undersized shooting guard (which is fine for a bench player).

Danny Ainge for GM of the year!

Yea, And i see why...but i don't think Rondo is the right PG for the celtics of today, he showed a lot of potential last year, and i think should be great in a year or two...I'm not saying house is a bad pickup, but he certainly doesn't solve the PG woes...I thought the same as u (he not a PG, under-sized SG) but i am seeing a lot of sites that reported the signing linking him 2 there PG problems :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 11:02:01 PM »

LOL...Eddie House sucks.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 03:22:38 AM »
^Still, had they kept that "young core" that would have never went anywhere during Pierce's and Allen's times anyways, no free agent would have called them like that.

Trade > No trade
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 06:24:36 AM »

LOL...Eddie House sucks.

Perhaps, but Ainge is acting like a GM and trying to sign players.  Pull Kupchak's dick out of our mouth.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 06:56:19 AM »
To tell you both the truth, i'm not impressed at all. I mean c'mon, Eddie House if better than nothing, but he ain't even better than Evans, to compare him with our backup SG.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 07:40:27 AM »

LOL...Eddie House sucks.

hes no star, but how does he suck? nebody that can come in and light shit up like him doesnt suck. Inconsistent yeah, sucks no..

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 09:41:35 AM »
^Still, had they kept that "young core" that would have never went anywhere during Pierce's and Allen's times anyways, no free agent would have called them like that.

Trade > No trade

Dude, it's Eddie House...Any team in the league coulda' signed him. LOL.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 09:42:58 AM »

LOL...Eddie House sucks.

hes no star, but how does he suck? nebody that can come in and light shit up like him doesnt suck. Inconsistent yeah, sucks no..

Eddie House is a huge liability on defense...Yes, he can come in and provide instant offense here and there for 10 minute stretches, but overall, he's a guy you want buried at the end of your bench... Smush Parker > Eddie House.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 10:19:06 AM »
Wow...I never knew Brevin Knight had "locker room problems">