Author Topic: snoop concert stoped by deathrow!  (Read 1022 times)

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
Re: snoop concert stoped by deathrow!
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2001, 01:46:54 PM »
snoop just dont wanna be in trouble no more, i mean, if he wouldn't run away he would be beaten up, or he would beat up the bloods(u never know) and he would be in jail and other shit...

snoop was smart and stayed out of some trouble that he didn't need to get involved with.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

Sikotic™

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2001, 02:09:06 PM »
Hey y'all it did happen. I'm 100% positive.

My cousin from SD went to the concert and said it happened. He wouldn't lie to me either. I didn't even know he went until he called me telling me about the whole thing.

Thats crazy.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

dpg2i3

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2001, 02:11:50 PM »
It's for real: check the following from SignOnSanDiego (a local newspaper in SD):

CHULA VISTA -- Rap artist Snoop Dogg turned in an abbreviated performance at Coors Amphitheatre following a disturbance that broke out shortly after his set began Sunday night.

A security guard at the concert suffered a minor injury after he was struck by an unknown object, Chula Vista police said. No arrests related to the disturbance were made.

Snoop Dogg, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, was the headline act on a bill that included performances by Tha Eastsidaz, Doggy's Angels, Dogg Pound, Bad Azz, Soopafly and Butch Cassidy.

A crowd of 9,500 people attended the show.

During Snoop's performance, unidentified members of the audience began shouting at members of the artist's sizeable contingent of friends, performers and body guards who occupied the stage, Lt. Dan Linney said. Most of the on-stage entourage were wearing blue colors, in apparent support of a gang.

A group of men wearing red, an opposing gang's colors, positioned themselves near the stage, according to Brian Murphy, a Union-Tribune publishing company employee who attended the show.

Murphy said it appeared the audience members in red were upset by the show of colors. Hand signals were exchanged between the two groups, he said.

One of the red-clad audience members tossed a red visor at Snoop, striking him in the chest.

More unrest followed.

An unidentified concert-goer tried to get up on the stage and was forced back into the crowd by security, prompting those in the crowd to begin tossing objects onstage, Murphy said.

Those on the stage retaliated by tossing objects into the crowd, such as speakers and microphones.

The disturbance was sufficient to cause some of the people allowed on stage to flee backstage, creating a minor panic, Chula Vista police Lt. Dan Linney said.

The artist quit performing and the house lights were turned on, signaling that the show was over, according to Murphy.

Loud noises from the stage, possibly caused by live microphones being dropped, prompted some people to believe a gun was being fired, and some members of the audience began fleeing the area in a panic.

No guns were found, Linney said. According to Linney, officers from his department briefly took the stage to form a skirmish line in a show of force, but left soon after it appeared most people were leaving peacefully.

Snoop had been on stage for about 45 minutes before terminating the show," according to Buck Martin, general manager for the amphitheatre. He said the concert was about 80 percent complete when the performance was halted.

"It's unfortunate a small contingent can disrupt an event like that, that had actually been going very smoothly," Martin said. "The Coors Amphitheatre management took a lot of precautions to insure a safe environment." In addition to metal dectectors stationed outside the main entrances, a metal detector was also installed backstage that anyone who left the area had to pass through in order to re-enter, Martin said.

Martin praised Chula Vista police, and the private firm contracted to provide security for the event.

"People did not overreact once the house lights went on," Martin said. "We have a plan in place, in cooperation with the city of Chula Vista and everything went off without a hitch. The seating area, the plaza and the parking lots were cleared with no problem and it's unfortunately that a small group for about a 15-second interval caused a disruption."

The disturbance marred what was otherwise a peaceful evening. Performers repeatedly urged those in attendance to cause no trouble and simply enjoy the show.

Linney said only one arrest was made when a woman was found under the influence of drugs.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2001, 03:03:42 PM »
LOL!!! (about the one arrest)
Shit..that's crazy ass shit.peace-Tanjint

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Ultranigga

• Lil Geezy
  • Makaveli The Don Westside Till I Die!!!
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2001, 03:06:14 PM »
yeah I just found out it was some bloodz from Lincoln Park
"Dont Belive everything you read, Alize and weed"-2pac

swoop

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2001, 03:53:05 PM »
all dem niggaz was from lincon homie

RivieraIII

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2001, 05:11:42 PM »

top 5 reasons this is bullshit!!!!
1)why mtv.com or other major music have nuttin on dis shit?Snoop's a Super star,& this would b front page shit here!
2)theres mad po po's at these Snoop concerts!
3]so how n'da fuck dem Slobs was able 2 clown 4 more den 1 min wit all them cops der!
4]i just cant picture Traye Dee not taking ass whooping like a man,& running like a biootch!
5)san diego Papers got nothing on dis shit.

Dog I feel you... NOBODY talked about this if not some clown ass muthafucka on this forum who probably heard it from another clown ass muthafucka so on and so forth... Everytime Death Row is involved, it's rumors and more rumors... I don't believe that story. Maybe there was a little scramble or whateva but NOTHING of that proportion, or else, it would be on the NEWS. Stop being hataz y'all... Don't look for Snoop & co to get into fights against Bloods. It won't happen... SNOOP DOGG is an artist first and foremost. He may be "crippin" on record but that's about it. He knows better than gangbanging, having one of the most recognizable face in the music biz. Plus he ain't tryin' to go back to jail, let his wife, kids and moms down and fuck up his entire career. Fuck the bullshit and keep it movin' y'all. Yeah, and what do y'all really think about BAD AZZ album????? All the reviews I read were highly positive, but I need more feedback... Holla!

RivieraIII

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2001, 05:32:26 PM »
Actually, after checking ALL the posts and doing some checkin' by myself, I believe SOMETHING did happen at that concert in San Diego. But again, NOT to the extent of what was described by the first fool who initiated this topic. A couple of Bloods on the stage, Snoop and co leaving the stage, NOT running away like bitches, but just being FUCKIN' SMART for a change. That's what happened. Coz NOBODY wanna die. But it's true that Snoop should check his very public Crip alliance and signs throwing in concerts. He told Xzibit (on Restless): "do music and leave that other shit alone, homie". So he should follow his own fuckin' advice. Now, THAT would be GANGSTA!!!!!!! One...

Dope Money Clean

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2001, 06:24:19 PM »
i don think it was a riot either  , just a group of fools wildin out .  now as far as  snoop and his crew runnin out  .... i think that was smart . snoop , the eastsidaz , soopafly , bad azz  are  all  superstars or are on their way to stardom at least . why would u wanna jeopardize your freedom and do somethin stupid and go to the clink. its kinda like a cartoon where u got the good guys VS the bad guys  and one of them starts some shit outta nowhere making the other guys flee with the quickness. i would definitely look for some retaliation. payback is inevitable.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2001, 06:52:17 PM »

snoop just dont wanna be in trouble no more, i mean, if he wouldn't run away he would be beaten up, or he would beat up the bloods(u never know) and he would be in jail and other shit...

snoop was smart and stayed out of some trouble that he didn't need to get involved with.
yeah that's how it's is dogg, u got to be smart to survive,, image or not u'll run fo sho,, those guys were armed,, it's unbelivable whut u can bring on u to espace the security system,  so if they were armed and the stars not well u'll run , pleezbaleev i'll run,, plus like someone says b4 they were maybe high,,  if u're high and the others are not , well that's a disadvantage.... man pleezbaleev that in a street fight those niggaz wouldn't have shown their nasty ass,,, those niggaz known what they were doing that's why they ran so  fast ,,,, scaryass motherfuckaz ::)
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2001, 09:26:00 PM »
You guys are tripping too hard on this...

eNgIeS

« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2001, 05:42:58 AM »

i remember other people running from altercations

2pac: show in florida a bunch of people rushed the stage and pac fled the stage

wu tang (and you know they roll deep) fled stage a couple of times over stuff like that

dj quik- he fled stage here in bakersfield actually when jay-z came, a couple of people jumped on stage from the front row and dj quik went backstage and didnt' come back til they had secuirity line up the front of the stage

the only artist i know who's foughten back was axel rose and he landed in jail for doing that and had to pay thousands of dollars...i'm sure no one in snoops party wanted none of that to happen

True, True

Axl Rose was a crazy mutha fucka. People didnt rush him, he actually dove into the audience & beat up a guy who was taking photos of them. He apparently signaled to the guards to take him away & they didnts so he was singing, then all of a sudden air Axl into the crowd & pumbled the guy

oUtLaW

• 'G'
  • thuglife 4 eva!!
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2001, 06:58:52 AM »
if all dat really happened den where da fuck were  da cops and da security.
y r u guys hatin on snoop wudnt u run if about 20 armed guys try to rush u and u were high and snoop dusnt have to be gangsta hes an artist and he sells music he dnt wanna get in trouble or get fucked up hes got a family to take care of.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2001, 11:42:42 AM »

i remember other people running from altercations

2pac: show in florida a bunch of people rushed the stage and pac fled the stage

wu tang (and you know they roll deep) fled stage a couple of times over stuff like that

dj quik- he fled stage here in bakersfield actually when jay-z came, a couple of people jumped on stage from the front row and dj quik went backstage and didnt' come back til they had secuirity line up the front of the stage

the only artist i know who's foughten back was axel rose and he landed in jail for doing that and had to pay thousands of dollars...i'm sure no one in snoops party wanted none of that to happen

well i guest it's wrote in the live perfomance guide ::) ;D
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-