Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171694 times)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #1200 on: May 30, 2008, 06:11:04 AM »
post links to the articles!!!!!
get a fuckin life

we all wanna know where you pluck these stories from? can you not share your secret site?

Elano

« Reply #1201 on: May 30, 2008, 06:14:50 AM »
get a fuckin life

we all wanna know where you pluck these stories from? can you not share your secret site?

why you care so much about a fuckin link ? read the 'articles' god dammit

Elano

« Reply #1202 on: May 30, 2008, 06:24:52 AM »
Dos Santos shuns Chelsea and Man City for White Hart Lane

Barcelona attacking midfielder Geovani Dos Santos is set to become Juande Ramos' second big money signing of the summer. The two club's have agreed a fee within the region of £9m for the 19-year-old play-maker who signature has been coveted by some of the continents biggest clubs.

Dos Santos will be second attack-minded midfielder to join the club in recent weeks and will join Luka Modric in a new-look Tottenham midfield. Ramos has identified his side's desperate need for creativity and moved quickly to secure two of the brightest young talents in the game.

The deal to bring Dos Santos to White Hart Lane is perhaps the more surprising of the two given that few were mentioning his name as a potential addition to the squad when the league drew to a close. Manchester City will be particularly disappointed - it was believed that they were favourites to secure the youngsters services but those plans were, perhaps, undermined by the continuing confusion surrounding Sven's future.

Geovani, who has drawn favourable comparison with fellow Barca star Ronaldinho, arrives with a big reputation. Having scored a hat-trick against Real Murcia in recent weeks he surely has an eye for a goal that Ramos' midfield has lacked at times. One worry will be that if Modric, Dos Santos, Steed Malbranque and Aaron Lennon ever line up in the same midfield, we'll have the smallest midfield the world has ever seen.

With the expected capture of Dos Santos, and of Palace midfielder John Bostock, Ramos has shown himself to be a firm believer in nurturing young talent with tremendous potential. Fans should already be looking forward to next season with baited breath.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1203 on: May 30, 2008, 06:42:44 AM »
I don't believe you.
1st, there's nothing about this on spurs.co.uk
2nd, u got no link to prove you're not making this shit up
3rd, I don't believe Giovani will leave Barca, where he's the future, for Spurs, where he's not able to play CL next season
4th, £9 mill is too cheap for a talent like him.

kemizt

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1204 on: May 30, 2008, 06:43:48 AM »
get a fuckin life

why you care so much about a fuckin link ? read the 'articles' god dammit

i want to know if you're using a legit site, or if what you post is a load of gossip...

if i posted "Detox dropping Sept. 17th" in the westcoast section without a link there would be hell on...

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1205 on: May 30, 2008, 10:52:42 AM »
quote author=Elano link=topic=150780.msg1862572#msg1862572 date=1212151400]
TOTTENHAM have agreed a £12million deal for Barcelona’s wonderkid Giovani Dos Santos.
Spurs beat Chelsea, Manchester City and Inter Milan to the Mexican winger and are also on the brink of signing defender Richard Dunne from City for £5m.
Giovani, 19, was swayed after meeting White Hart Lane chiefs in London back in January.
Inter and City were last night desperately trying to persuade agent Pini Zahavi to get the player to change his mind.
Spurs’ swoop has stunned Chelsea, who made two failed raids for Giovani after tracking his development for four years.
Barca offered Gio the chance to move on loan but he has grown disillusioned with the Nou Camp.
Meanwhile, Dunne has held advanced talks with Spurs and will complete a switch after his medical.
Aston Villa and Portsmouth were also interested in the City skipper, 28.

:o :o
Giovani dos santos is an awesome player  8)

Where did u get that from?

from the muthapukkin internet  ::)

berbatov+giovani  :o
[/quote]

the link is the sun http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1225370.ece

what elano probably doesent realise been italian is that you cant believe anything written in the sun, 90% of it is just rumour. Same goes for its sister paper the news of the world.

If it aint on bbc website or sky sports then it hasnt happened yet

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Elano

« Reply #1206 on: May 30, 2008, 12:06:27 PM »
I don't believe you.
1st, there's nothing about this on spurs.co.uk
2nd, u got no link to prove you're not making this shit up
3rd, I don't believe Giovani will leave Barca, where he's the future, for Spurs, where he's not able to play CL next season
4th, £9 mill is too cheap for a talent like him.

1)giovani is not already signed to the spurs,that's why there's nothing about it on the official site
2) ::)
3)giovani,unfortunately,is not the future of barca,bojan and messi are the future.And he just want to play football,he don't give a fuck about the champions league now.
4)maybe the price is not correct,but the news is LEGIT

Elano

« Reply #1207 on: May 30, 2008, 12:08:15 PM »
TOTTENHAM have agreed a £12million deal for Barcelona’s wonderkid Giovani Dos Santos.
Spurs beat Chelsea, Manchester City and Inter Milan to the Mexican winger and are also on the brink of signing defender Richard Dunne from City for £5m.
Giovani, 19, was swayed after meeting White Hart Lane chiefs in London back in January.
Inter and City were last night desperately trying to persuade agent Pini Zahavi to get the player to change his mind.
Spurs’ swoop has stunned Chelsea, who made two failed raids for Giovani after tracking his development for four years.
Barca offered Gio the chance to move on loan but he has grown disillusioned with the Nou Camp.
Meanwhile, Dunne has held advanced talks with Spurs and will complete a switch after his medical.

the link is the sun http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1225370.ece

what elano probably doesent realise been italian is that you cant believe anything written in the sun, 90% of it is just rumour. Same goes for its sister paper the news of the world.

[/quote]

you can find this news not only on the sun,but even in several other websites (and on a few spurs boards).
believe it or not,this is not "gossip".

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1208 on: May 30, 2008, 12:25:45 PM »
gossip but:

One of England's most popular footballers - a Premier League star and England international - owes a staggering £1m in gambling debts. (Daily Express)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7426938.stm

any guesses?

i think: Wayne Rooney

Invincible

« Reply #1209 on: May 30, 2008, 09:04:41 PM »
gossip but:

One of England's most popular footballers - a Premier League star and England international - owes a staggering £1m in gambling debts. (Daily Express)

any guesses?

Michael Owen

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1210 on: May 31, 2008, 02:12:20 AM »
gossip but:

any guesses?

Michael Owen

Yeah, he is known for his gambling.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1211 on: May 31, 2008, 02:15:12 AM »
Although so is Rooney

Here's an article from 2006 about how Owen led Rooney into gambling. Say's Rooney had £700,000 debt. :laugh:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article704167.ece

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1212 on: May 31, 2008, 09:58:59 AM »

you can find this news not only on the sun,but even in several other websites (and on a few spurs boards).
believe it or not,this is not "gossip".
[/quote]

lol in till there is quotes from the player or club its all gossip.

when barca say a bid has been made then i will pay some attention to it, till then the papers, websites can speculate as much as they want.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Elano

« Reply #1213 on: June 01, 2008, 05:50:23 AM »

when barca say a bid has been made then i will pay some attention to it, till then the papers, websites can speculate as much as they want.

honestly,i don't care if you believe it or not.
if you think its gossip  ::)
giovani will play for tottenham or m.city

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1214 on: June 02, 2008, 02:35:21 AM »
Sven-Goran Eriksson leaves Manchester City   02/06/2008 09:00

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid={DBD12D53-8346-431D-A04F-5D0F8664DE80}&newsid=6610690

Sven-Goran Eriksson and Manchester City Football Club have parted company by mutual consent, the Club announces today.

Chief Executive, Alistair Mackintosh said, “The Board of Directors and all at Manchester City would like to thank Sven for his efforts and contributions throughout the season and we wish him all the best for the future. Sven remains a friend of the Club.”

Sven Goran Eriksson added,  “I have enjoyed my time at Manchester City very much indeed and in particular, I would like to thank the fans, players and staff for their amazing support over the season. I wish the Club, and everyone associated with it, much success in the coming years.”

The Club will make no further announcement in relation to the managerial position until after a successor is appointed.

kemizt