Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171715 times)

Jome

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #1770 on: November 23, 2008, 01:58:25 PM »
Plenty of people have done it, Illunga tried it for West Ham a few weeks back.

I have many questions on the matter:

*  How far is the keeper allowed to actually toss the ball in the air before it is considered to be an error?
  *  What would happen if for example when the keeper tosses the ball someone gets his body between the keeper and the ball? Is that illegal?
  *  And if that is illegal then I go back to my first question...how far can he toss the ball in the air and still seen to be in the "action".

I think there is gonna be a goal like this soon which will stretch the boundaries and have people asking questions.

Maybe there should be some kind of distance players must keep from the goalkeeper during kickouts (unless the keeper is trying to take a quick one of couse)

Thoughts?

You're over-complicating it..
It's not that hard - it's simply not allowed to interfere or disrupt the keeper when he's about to kick it out - regardless if he drops the ball 20 cm before kicking it, or 1 meter in the air, it's still regarded as the same maneuver.
If somebody gets their body between the ball it's also an offense (effectively stopping the counter-attack), Woodgate been booked twice for that in the last few months..

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #1771 on: November 23, 2008, 03:11:46 PM »
Plenty of people have done it, Illunga tried it for West Ham a few weeks back.

I have many questions on the matter:

*  How far is the keeper allowed to actually toss the ball in the air before it is considered to be an error?
  *  What would happen if for example when the keeper tosses the ball someone gets his body between the keeper and the ball? Is that illegal?
  *  And if that is illegal then I go back to my first question...how far can he toss the ball in the air and still seen to be in the "action".

I think there is gonna be a goal like this soon which will stretch the boundaries and have people asking questions.

Maybe there should be some kind of distance players must keep from the goalkeeper during kickouts (unless the keeper is trying to take a quick one of couse)

Thoughts?

You're over-complicating it..
It's not that hard - it's simply not allowed to interfere or disrupt the keeper when he's about to kick it out - regardless if he drops the ball 20 cm before kicking it, or 1 meter in the air, it's still regarded as the same maneuver.
If somebody gets their body between the ball it's also an offense (effectively stopping the counter-attack), Woodgate been booked twice for that in the last few months..

Yeah but Jome my query is this:

Theoretically, how far can a keeper throw the bal?l 10 yards in the air? 10 yards forward?

If he "over" throws it near a player who is 3/4 yards away is that still an infringement?
NO MORE WAR

Jome

« Reply #1772 on: November 23, 2008, 03:27:09 PM »
As far as he wants, as long as he's in the process of kicking it.. if he decides to throw the ball into the air for a laugh, it's a different situation.
If he drops it on the ground before kicking it, it's a free ball though.

If he slips the ball or decides to put the ball on the ground, and it ends up in the possession of a opponent, it's of course considered a blunder..
I think it's fairly easy for the ref to see if the keeper intends to kick it out or if he decides to put it on the ground (not realizing there's an attacker near by)..

The only judgment issue as far I see it, is when the keeper is rushing too quick with starting the counter, that he runs into an opponent.. it can some times be hard to see if the opponent did it on purpose to stop the attack, or if the keeper ran into him..

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #1773 on: November 26, 2008, 03:07:13 AM »
 :boohoo:

penenstamp

« Reply #1774 on: November 28, 2008, 08:17:34 AM »

You quoted Elano's spam post with all those smilies in my thread about AZ. What kind of shit is that? What have I done to you that you have become such a negative person? I demand an apology from you for spamming in a thread about AZ.

RETTEKETET!

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1775 on: November 28, 2008, 08:34:49 AM »

You quoted Elano's spam post with all those smilies in my thread about AZ. What kind of shit is that? What have I done to you that you have become such a negative person? I demand an apology from you for spamming in a thread about AZ.

RETTEKETET!

what does an american rapper have to do with football...???

on a sidenot who watched pompey...soooooo unlucky ronaldhinhos freekick was class though

penenstamp

« Reply #1776 on: November 28, 2008, 08:40:45 AM »

RETTEKETET!

what does an american rapper have to do with football...???

on a sidenot who watched pompey...soooooo unlucky ronaldhinhos freekick was class though

The AZ from Alkmaar was there a a long time before the rapper was born 8)

Elano

« Reply #1777 on: November 29, 2008, 03:42:48 AM »
City vs United and Chelsea vs Arsenal tomorrow  8)

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1778 on: November 29, 2008, 02:15:25 PM »
City vs United and Chelsea vs Arsenal tomorrow  8)

c'mon City!!!!...CMON aRSENAL :o

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #1779 on: November 30, 2008, 06:28:49 AM »
today are some really interesting matches.

City vs manu
and
Chelsea vs Arsenal  8)

Plus Borussia Dortmund vs Wolfsburg 8)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1780 on: November 30, 2008, 09:29:59 AM »

LMAO

Chelsea 1 - 2 Arsenal

2 goals, 3 minutes.

penenstamp

« Reply #1781 on: November 30, 2008, 09:33:45 AM »
AZ is this weekend's big winner! :banana:

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #1782 on: November 30, 2008, 10:08:21 AM »
Arsenal wins 8) I wanted to watch the second half of Arsenal vs Chelsea but my homies decided to watch BVB-Wolfsburg, one of the most boring games I've ever seen :-\

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1783 on: November 30, 2008, 10:11:37 AM »

;D

LMAO

Lol, I guess he was afraid of his hairstyling.

kemizt

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1784 on: November 30, 2008, 10:13:44 AM »

LMAO

Lol, I guess he was afraid of his hairstyling.

i'm a little worried about what Micah Richards is doing aswell.