Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171728 times)

Shango

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #2040 on: February 02, 2009, 11:04:29 AM »
how much did you pay ?

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #2041 on: February 02, 2009, 11:06:48 AM »
how much did you pay ?

noch nichts ;D He said arround 40 €
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 11:09:06 AM by Dr. Ján Ďtor »

Shango

« Reply #2042 on: February 02, 2009, 11:09:30 AM »
sounds good, I'm still undecided if I should take these tickets....

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2043 on: February 02, 2009, 11:50:03 AM »
Classic, Liverpool spend 20 mil on a striker and then 6 months later sell him for 15 mil. Leaving them with one injury prone striker and there trying to win the league, rafa's cracking up.

City also managed to buy all those world superstars  ::)

Apparently the Arshavin deal is back on

Zenit St Petersburg playmaker Andrei Arshavin appears poised to join Arsenal.

A deal looked in doubt earlier on Monday after reports suggested talks between the two clubs had broken down.

However, negotiations have since reignited and it is believed that a fee has been agreed, with Arshavin agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.

The Russia international has reportedly penned a three-and-a-half-year deal at Emirates Stadium, although the final sticking points remains over Arshavin and Zenit agreeing a final payment.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2044 on: February 02, 2009, 11:51:39 AM »
Lol at Liverpool and Tottenham.. Desperate.

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2045 on: February 02, 2009, 11:53:30 AM »
rumours of David Villa joining Liverpool:

1623: "Latest news on Keane and Liverpool is that an agreement has been made with Valencia over David Villa. This is why Liverpool are letting Keane leave. Villa and Torres up front, now that would scare me."
Boxhead91 on 606

c'mon mate dont tease me its not nice....i heard the name forlan mentioned 5pm cannot come quick enuff

That would be Forlan the golden boot winner .

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #2046 on: February 02, 2009, 11:57:37 AM »
Classic, Liverpool spend 20 mil on a striker and then 6 months later sell him for 15 mil. Leaving them with one injury prone striker and there trying to win the league, rafa's cracking up.

oh so he's an out and out striker now i thought rafa always played him out position and that was why he was so bad....  ::)

and torres is injury prone??..he's had a re-ocurring injury...different thing check how many a.madrid games he missed and how many he missed last year

and kuyt and ngog are as capable as keane proved to be...plus rafa always said he intends babel in the future to play up top

hopefully we might see Pacheco or Nemeth on the bench now

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #2047 on: February 02, 2009, 11:59:05 AM »

1623: "Latest news on Keane and Liverpool is that an agreement has been made with Valencia over David Villa. This is why Liverpool are letting Keane leave. Villa and Torres up front, now that would scare me."
Boxhead91 on 606

c'mon mate dont tease me its not nice....i heard the name forlan mentioned 5pm cannot come quick enuff

you mean the "scourge" of the premiership... :laugh:

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #2048 on: February 02, 2009, 11:59:51 AM »
"Referee Mike Riley has informed the FA that, while he did not see the incident himself, it was seen by his assistant Mo Matadar. No action was taken against Bosingwa by the officials.

"Under the FIFA Laws of the Game, the FA is prohibited from taking disciplinary action when incidents are seen at the time by the match officials." 

yeah, the linesman saw it, flagged for it, and the referee waved play on. he ignored the linesmans flag, Bosingwa should be fined, as should Mike Riley.

the linesman flagged for a throw in to chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2049 on: February 02, 2009, 12:09:06 PM »

oh so he's an out and out striker now i thought rafa always played him out position and that was why he was so bad....  ::)

and torres is injury prone??..he's had a re-ocurring injury...different thing check how many a.madrid games he missed and how many he missed last year

and kuyt and ngog are as capable as keane proved to be...plus rafa always said he intends babel in the future to play up top

Keane was bought to score goals and for what ever reason he hasnt , prob mainly down to Benitez treating him as if he just found him stuck to the sole of shoe.

Torres is a great player but a re accuring hamstring injury can be a huge problem, we had the same issue with giggs for many seasons.

Rafa cant really rate babel or kuyt if he has played them out wide all these years and ngog is no where near as capable as Keane. Keane may not have played well but he has scored more goals in the premiership than those three put together.

Can you honestly say you are happy with those players, if Torres got injured could they step in and push you to the title ??? Honestly ??

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2050 on: February 02, 2009, 12:12:48 PM »

Boxhead91 on 606

you mean the "scourge" of the premiership... :laugh:

seem to remember him scoring a couple against you  ;)

Keane was only 12 mil, an 8 mil loss in 6 months, ouch
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 01:44:12 PM by KURUPTION-81 »

Elano

« Reply #2051 on: February 02, 2009, 10:58:31 PM »
Spurs have offered 15 mil for Robbie Keane, and now this:

1458: "Just seen Quaresma outside White Hart Lane with a mass of bodyguards. Get in, what a signing."

lol Quaresma is another prime example for Inter's disastrous managment. 25m € for nothing ;D

borussia still a weak team  :-*

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2052 on: February 02, 2009, 11:06:18 PM »

Keane was bought to score goals and for what ever reason he hasnt , prob mainly down to Benitez treating him as if he just found him stuck to the sole of shoe.

Torres is a great player but a re accuring hamstring injury can be a huge problem, we had the same issue with giggs for many seasons.

Rafa cant really rate babel or kuyt if he has played them out wide all these years and ngog is no where near as capable as Keane. Keane may not have played well but he has scored more goals in the premiership than those three put together.

Can you honestly say you are happy with those players, if Torres got injured could they step in and push you to the title ??? Honestly ??

keane didnt do much while torres was injured anyways and we were still top at that point

penenstamp

« Reply #2053 on: February 03, 2009, 03:01:00 AM »
Who else thinks that Roda JC will get a big asswhooping tomorrow?

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2054 on: February 03, 2009, 04:59:21 AM »
Bradford City Vs Darlington, postponed last night due to the snow... the game was due to be shown on Sky, do you think they'll show it when it is rescheduled?