Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171709 times)

Elano

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #2700 on: August 27, 2009, 10:32:17 AM »
Robben to Munich :o
Its just an account for RIBERY (in the next few days or next year for SURE)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #2701 on: August 27, 2009, 10:59:53 AM »
^Next year for sure, he won't leave this season. But he'll be a lot cheaper then. But I would've kept Robben, he was the best Madrid player last year.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2702 on: August 27, 2009, 11:41:47 AM »
Robben is a good player, im not sure why real would want to get rid of him other than having to recoup some money.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Elano

« Reply #2703 on: August 28, 2009, 06:13:29 AM »
Robben is a good player, im not sure why real would want to get rid of him other than having to recoup some money.
Bayern Munich have completed the signing of former Chelsea winger Arjen Robben from Real Madrid for a reported Ł22m.

Robben will have a medical on Friday and Bayern chief Uli Hoeness hopes the Dutchman will be able to play against champions VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday.

The 25-year-old had been linked with a move away from the Bernabeu since the arrivals of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka.

Hoeness said: "He will make our team even more attractive."

Robben said: "I feel very welcome here. This is a big club with a great history and I am delighted to be here now.

"Everything went so quickly. There were a few things that I had to consider and in the end I decided that I would like to transfer to a big club like FC Bayern."

Bayern coach Louis Van Gaal compared Robben's creative style to that of Franck Ribery, the French winger who Van Gaal wants to move into central midfield.

"Ribery has this quality, but Robben does, too," said Van Gaal. "And we need that, I think."

Robben earned a reputation at both Chelsea and Real as an exciting playmaker but one who was easily injured, and he only played 50 matches in two seasons in Spain. He has 43 caps for the Netherlands.

Hoeness, Bayern's general manager, added: "He's one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe. He's always been one of the players we wanted.

"Our intention is to have Robben play on the right and Franck Ribery on the left. If it all goes perfectly and without any hitches, it would be theoretically possible for him to play on Saturday."

Van Gaal is off to a rocky start as Bayern Munich's new coach. The team remains winless in its first three league games, with just two points from a possible nine.

Elano

« Reply #2704 on: August 28, 2009, 06:24:17 AM »

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2705 on: August 28, 2009, 06:25:30 AM »
Didn't Expect this... real nice addition.

Anyway Bayern still sucks

Jome

« Reply #2706 on: August 28, 2009, 07:39:41 AM »

The chosen one looks extremely exited about this signing.  :D

Elano

« Reply #2707 on: August 28, 2009, 07:42:05 AM »

The chosen one looks extremely exited about this signing.  :D

he's always like that.
he prefers deco,but deco is too "old" now.
anyway,if mourinho is not happy he can go away tomorrow,who cares.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2708 on: August 28, 2009, 06:55:52 PM »
who cares about shitty inter milan?

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #2709 on: August 29, 2009, 02:39:51 AM »
Didn't Expect this... real nice addition.

Anyway Bayern still sucks

+1

who cares about shitty inter milan?

+1

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2710 on: August 29, 2009, 09:24:17 AM »
Inter really fucked Barca with that Etoo+hella €/Ibra - swap... they didn't impress against that eastern european team...

I hope Robben plays today  8)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Invincible

« Reply #2711 on: August 29, 2009, 11:20:42 AM »
Get in there Abou Diaby you legend. What a gift of a goal. We played shite today and still won. That will be the difference between us and Chelsea, and the rest of the teams in the league this year. United and Chelsea will win games where they haven't played well but still get a win out of it. Arsenal don't have that and Liverpool as I said aren't gonna win shit this season.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2712 on: August 29, 2009, 11:56:03 AM »
I can't believe we didn't get that penalty, and a big fuck you goes out to Diaby.

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2713 on: August 30, 2009, 07:49:36 AM »
I can't believe we didn't get that penalty, and a big fuck you goes out to Diaby.

You scored from the subsquent move anyway, from where i was sitting it looked like a good tackle from Fletcher, but after seeing it on TV he got lucky.

Its typical Arsenal, when its time to step up they cant do it. We were pretty shocking yet still grinded out the result. Tactically fregie got it wrong leaving Rooney isolated, giggs was so wasteful with the ball, as was Valencia who looked scared when things wernt going well.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Invincible

« Reply #2714 on: August 30, 2009, 09:56:53 AM »

You scored from the subsquent move anyway, from where i was sitting it looked like a good tackle from Fletcher, but after seeing it on TV he got lucky.

Its typical Arsenal, when its time to step up they cant do it. We were pretty shocking yet still grinded out the result. Tactically fregie got it wrong leaving Rooney isolated, giggs was so wasteful with the ball, as was Valencia who looked scared when things wernt going well.

Giggs was pissing me off the whole match. Untill he chipped in on both the goals. Games this big aren't for him anymore. Fergie should stick with him for the easier games when we don't really need our full strength squad out.