Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171748 times)

Invincible

Re: Sticky: Football Thread
« Reply #3585 on: March 29, 2010, 02:00:27 PM »
Holy shit at Chelsea!  :o

United in the lead though. 11th own goal this season.  8)

And what an own goal !!

Word, no pressure on him whtsoever and he placed it beatifully in the corner.  8)

2 huge games this week. Can't wait for Saturday.

Fuck Kevin Phillips!  >:(

Woot woot!!!

Typical Arsenal unfortunately.

Cant wait for the chelsea game also.

Ive been an idiot though, i had it in my head that it was a sunday 4 o clock kick off forgetting its easter sunday. Only realised the other day it was sat 12:45 unfortunatly me and my mates are going to bourenmouth on the lash friday/saturday so i cant get up to mancester in time for kick off so have had to give my ticket to my dad. Cant believe i was so stupid  :boohoo: Gonna have to watch it on TV.

lol harsh... but on the upside bournemouth is an awesome place to go out on the lash.. bars and birds everywhere what more could u want?  ;D

+ even better news is ive managed to sort myself out with a wembley ticket for spurs / pompey  8)

Nice. That your 1st visit to the new Wembley?

Nah I've been once before, but that was just  to see my friend play in a league 1 playoff final. I'm definately hyped up to expirence it watchin spurs. You been before?

Na not yet. I do plan to some time in my life though. Now just aint the time. I only ever went to the old one once and that unfortunately that was to watch Gillingham not United, play in the 2nd Division play-off final. At least they won though.

Invincible

« Reply #3586 on: March 30, 2010, 01:40:45 PM »
Oh shit, Rooney has limped off.  >:( >:(

Not to bothered by that defeat. i'm sure we can turn it around at Old Trafford, if Rooney is fit.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3587 on: March 30, 2010, 01:55:15 PM »
yeah i know, was surprised by the defeat tho.. i thought 1-1 would have been a reasonable result. i think thats the only down side in Europe is scoring very early goals, because you ether push on from there and dominate or tend to sit back and play more of a cautious counter attackin game.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #3588 on: April 01, 2010, 02:40:17 AM »
Fàbregas fears broken leg

Arsenal FC may be without captain Cesc Fàbregas and defender William Gallas for the rest of the season after both were injured during Wednesday's 2-2 draw with FC Barcelona.

Arsenal FC fear they may have lost captain Cesc Fàbregas and defender William Gallas for the rest of the season after both were injured during the first leg of Wednesday's UEFA Champions League quarter-final against FC Barcelona which finished 2-2.

Fàbregas scored Arsenal's 85th-minute equaliser with a penalty, but said afterwards he thought he may have broken his leg in the challenge from Carles Puyol that won the spot-kick. "We have to wait for tomorrow, but I hope I can wear the Arsenal shirt again this season," he said.

"I fear the worst, which is that I have broken something. When I took the penalty, I was quite strong, but after when I went to get the ball, I could not walk any more. It is the fibula. I think I put my leg between Puyol's when I was fouled and kicked it."

Fàbregas, like Barcelona defenders Gerard Piqué and Puyol, is suspended for the second leg anyway, and Arsenal are also likely to be without centre-back Gallas who manager Arsène Wenger fears could be sidelined until the "end of the season" after injuring his calf during the game. "He pulled his calf muscle and I think it's the end of the season for him," he told Canal+.

:grumpy:

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3589 on: April 01, 2010, 06:04:12 AM »
I wonder what's up with Arsenal and injuries. I think we are cursed...

Anyway - I'm fairly happy with the result yesterday, but it'll be a struggle at Camp Nou..

kemizt

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3590 on: April 01, 2010, 06:52:23 AM »
Why in the heck would he still kick that penalty? That was stupid, sorry.

As for United, they have yet to see Schweinsteiger and Robben  8)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3591 on: April 01, 2010, 07:02:58 AM »

Yeah, it was  :-\

kemizt

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3592 on: April 01, 2010, 08:01:24 AM »
Lionel who?  wear was Messi yesterday..best player in the world ? LMAO

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3593 on: April 01, 2010, 08:46:10 AM »
I wonder what's up with Arsenal and injuries. I think we are cursed...

Anyway - I'm fairly happy with the result yesterday, but it'll be a struggle at Camp Nou..

most of your players are young and still developing therefore more susceptible to injuries...the worryin thing is some of them will go the way of owen with reocurring injuries due to being over used in their younger years before their bodies could cope with 40+ games a season

as for the game yesterday quality game for the neutral...and momo i dont think messi was that anonymous sprayed some nice balls about just didnt really get in a position where he could hurt arsenal id bet you'd see more of him at the nou camp

and am i the only one that thought the commentators cursed arsenal when they sent half time takin abt how ibra  hadnt scored against against an english team and they dint rate him in european games

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #3594 on: April 01, 2010, 08:48:14 AM »

As for United, they have yet to see Schweinsteiger and Robben  8)

Just imagine, a Cl semi final without an English team :o
Schweinsteiger's been doing a good job as DM, but it's not like he's a threat for Manu's defense... And I doubt he can dominate Fletcher and Carrick @ Old Trafford.
But Bayern's statistic vs Manu is outstanding, so it's 50/50 I guess.

Lionel who?  wear was Messi yesterday..best player in the world ? LMAO

Is he supposed to score a hattrick each game now? Messi participated in Barca's game and played decent. Barca does not completely depend on Messi, sometimes it's the other players turn to score. That's why Barca is the best team in the world.

Barca, or should I say Maxwell screwed it, but Arsenal always fails against big teams, and without Fabregas they travel to Camp Nou as tourists.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 08:51:54 AM by Duke of Lorraine »

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3595 on: April 01, 2010, 09:11:22 AM »

seriously your an idoit.

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #3596 on: April 01, 2010, 09:13:58 AM »

it was, but you knew as soon as the penatly got given it'd be only him taking it..

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3597 on: April 01, 2010, 01:48:46 PM »

it was, but you knew as soon as the penatly got given it'd be only him taking it..

Yeh, it's not like we have any other real match winners.

kemizt

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3598 on: April 01, 2010, 02:49:38 PM »

seriously your an idoit.

you can only be cocky if u can back it up..

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3599 on: April 01, 2010, 02:51:32 PM »
Barca does not completely depend on Messi, sometimes it's the other players turn to score. That's why Barca is the best team in the world.

exactly .. Messi performances for Argentina have shown he needs a team to carry him