Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171679 times)

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
Re: Sticky: Football Thread
« Reply #3975 on: July 13, 2010, 05:00:30 AM »
Any team that spends over £250 million in three years and STILL doesnt even get into the Champions League can't be THAT happy with how things are going.

Silva is a good signing. Yaya Toure not so much when you already have a player like Nigel de Jong who does the same job for less wages at the same quality. Toure losing his spot at Barca to arguably Barca's worst player in Sergio Busquets says it all about how much Yaya Toure was valued in the grand scheme of things at Barca.

I actually like City, my girl's father is a City fan and I will always have an affinity with them for that link, going to see games with him and so on, but their problem is that by and large, the majority of these great players theyre signing are nothing more than whining, selfish mercenaries who for their bad behaviour and lack of focus or work ethic have been sold by their various teams. Adebayor, Bellamy, Robinho, Y.Toure, even players like Lescott, Gareth Barry and Santa Cruz were hated by the end by their respective clubs because of their disrespect and lack of professionalism to their former clubs when they tried to force their move.

Silva is a genuinely good signing for once and might, JUST MIGHT, help them breach the gap and get into the top 4, but that squad you have will NEVER EVER gel and work together properly or do as well as they seem like they would on paper. Too many egos to juggle. No manager could handle that all at once. Not least a softly spoken niceguy like Mancini.

Once they do gel of course, they'll be unstoppable, but until they get it right they'll continue to fail in breaching the gap between them and the true big clubs of this world.

Well we will soon find out mate. Rome wasn't built in a day
But I think your talking a load of bollox about mercenaries, what footballer nowadays isn't??
And City have 1 of the best youth development programes in the country, and we give young players a chance. So its not all buy buy

Anyway I would rather be in our boat then some debt ridden clubs in the league  ;D

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3976 on: July 13, 2010, 07:33:37 AM »
Any team that spends over £250 million in three years and STILL doesnt even get into the Champions League can't be THAT happy with how things are going.

Silva is a good signing. Yaya Toure not so much when you already have a player like Nigel de Jong who does the same job for less wages at the same quality. Toure losing his spot at Barca to arguably Barca's worst player in Sergio Busquets says it all about how much Yaya Toure was valued in the grand scheme of things at Barca.

I actually like City, my girl's father is a City fan and I will always have an affinity with them for that link, going to see games with him and so on, but their problem is that by and large, the majority of these great players theyre signing are nothing more than whining, selfish mercenaries who for their bad behaviour and lack of focus or work ethic have been sold by their various teams. Adebayor, Bellamy, Robinho, Y.Toure, even players like Lescott, Gareth Barry and Santa Cruz were hated by the end by their respective clubs because of their disrespect and lack of professionalism to their former clubs when they tried to force their move.

Silva is a genuinely good signing for once and might, JUST MIGHT, help them breach the gap and get into the top 4, but that squad you have will NEVER EVER gel and work together properly or do as well as they seem like they would on paper. Too many egos to juggle. No manager could handle that all at once. Not least a softly spoken niceguy like Mancini.

Once they do gel of course, they'll be unstoppable, but until they get it right they'll continue to fail in breaching the gap between them and the true big clubs of this world.

Well we will soon find out mate. Rome wasn't built in a day
But I think your talking a load of bollox about mercenaries, what footballer nowadays isn't??
And City have 1 of the best youth development programes in the country, and we give young players a chance. So its not all buy buy

Anyway I would rather be in our boat then some debt ridden clubs in the league  ;D

The mercenary stuff isn't bollocks. Its the reason you failed last year. I'd have thought that was clear.

But yeah ROme wasnt built in a day. Neither was Chelsea. Abramovich also took over a team already with top 4 material while your lot took over a team in a bit of disarray and no better than lower mid table so there was a larger gap to breach.

I honestly think the best signing you did last season was Adam Johnson. He is an incredible player. I'm a toon fan and I went to a few Boro games last year with an old uni mate and it weas obvious then he was a special player and much better than the Championship. He'll be an England star very soon I'm sure of it.

I'm not saying ALL your signings are mercenaries, I'm saying you've spent A LOT of money on players that are (and you can tell quickly who is and who isn't). But the youth players youve brought through are superb, and Man City's development in that area will be the reason why, say, if your Arabs and Roman Abramovich both left the respective clubs for good, Man City would have more longevity. Chelsea have no youth scheme, they just buy young players. Big difference. The last genuinely good player Chelsea as a club have development was John Terry.

All I'll say is I'd rather be in your position as a club with a bottomless pit of cash, than in my club Newcastle's position of being a big club in the past and now being ran by an owner with no love for the club, and no intent and supporting it with finance.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3977 on: July 13, 2010, 11:49:32 AM »
Who said I lurk on United forums?? That fact was posted on Bluemoon

No matter what you say United have been buying the league for years, just like Chelsea. Now everyone is spitting there dummy out because little old City are doing it.
Well I dont give a fuck.
And your right you probably wasnt intrested in Silva
Why would you be when you have an ageing squad and no money to buy players.

But you have got Owen Hargreaves coming back.........oh wait
 ;D

I think your getting ahead of yourself, you havent won anything for 35 years let alone the league.

Owen Hargreaves is never coming back we might as well release him on a free.

An ageing squad ? Yeah we have a few in giggs, scholes, vds, neville but the squad overall isnt bad age wise from May 10th

Average age

26.28 - Manchester City
26.19 - Manchester United
http://www.thebesteleven.com/2010/05/average-squad-age-in-top-european.html

Yeah we have fuck all money to spend but we had fuck all last year and still finished higher than you won a trophy and were only a point of chelsea. If we had beaten Blackburn we would have won the league for the fouth year running. What did your 100 plus mil spending spree bring you ? Europa league football whoopty do !

Even Snoop knows city are shit

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 01:05:46 PM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #3978 on: July 14, 2010, 09:19:45 AM »
Even Snoop knows City are shit hahaha who gives a fuck what a an American rap singer thinks you clown.

We are only going to get better and you know it, where as your club with no money to buy players are just gona go shitter

TICK TOCK

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3979 on: July 14, 2010, 02:19:02 PM »
Yo Mac 10, your favorite team just got one of my favorite players Efrain Juarez. 

He plays as a RB or even the versatile "carillero" role.  He's comfortable as a defensive midfielder too, but his ability to go up and back will be best used as a RB or carillero. 

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3980 on: July 15, 2010, 01:37:27 AM »
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3981 on: July 19, 2010, 10:37:26 AM »
wow we just signed joe cole suprised is an understatement

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3982 on: July 19, 2010, 12:50:38 PM »
I wonder how much they are paying Cole.

kemizt

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3983 on: July 19, 2010, 12:58:21 PM »

Its reported to be 90k a week by the tabloids.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3984 on: July 19, 2010, 09:39:30 PM »

Was that the wages he wanted at Chelsea? I can't remember.

kemizt

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3985 on: July 20, 2010, 10:04:18 AM »

Was that the wages he wanted at Chelsea? I can't remember.

From what I remember (this could be bollocks but its what i remember) Chelsea actually offered him a one or two year deal at 100k a week. So they actually offered him more wages.

I think maybe the lure of a more regular first team spot and a longer contract is what swung it.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3986 on: July 20, 2010, 10:37:18 AM »

yeah its 90k confirmed im just suprised he didnt go to arsenal or tottenham would have though he'd have stayed in london tbh

great news gerrard has pretty much came out and confirmed he's staying as well now so hopefully we'll hear the same from torres as well

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3987 on: July 20, 2010, 10:55:16 AM »

yeah its 90k confirmed im just suprised he didnt go to arsenal or tottenham would have though he'd have stayed in london tbh

great news gerrard has pretty much came out and confirmed he's staying as well now so hopefully we'll hear the same from torres as well

to be honest mate, apart from some people's wishful thinking, I don't think anyone genuinely beleived Torres or Gerrard would leave this year.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3988 on: July 20, 2010, 03:40:29 PM »

to be honest mate, apart from some people's wishful thinking, I don't think anyone genuinely beleived Torres or Gerrard would leave this year.

i honestly though gerrard would go tbf(and to be honest part of me hoped,he was dire last year) and if he'd gone i think torres may have been forced to evaluate his future but im 99% sure he'll stay now

only way  this pre-season can get any better than that is if hodgson can teach masch's wife and kids english and buy insua some blinds

"I don't do much stuff in my free time, that's the truth," said Mascherano.

"I could go to London with my wife to do some shopping but I have already been to London 1,000 times and if I want to go to another city I would have to take a plane.

"What kills me about living in Liverpool is that there are only two Argentinians here with me, Emiliano Insua and Maxi Rodriguez.

"Insua and I live in a private neighbourhood. He lives in one tower and I live in the other. There are 15 metres between us and we used to look at each other through the window.

"Sometimes Zabaleta comes from Manchester but there is no way Carlos Tevez comes here. If I want to see him, I have to go to his place and knock on his door.

"He doesn't like to leave his home. So during the winter, during those four or five months, I have to stay at home all day with my family.

"I have no problem living in Liverpool, but I think my wife and daughters deserve to enjoy every day to the full and live their lives - but they have to be at home all day.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #3989 on: July 21, 2010, 04:07:16 AM »
yeah life must be such a struggle spending all that time in his tower with his family...my heart fucking bleeds

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare