Author Topic: Busta Rhymes The Big Bang was it successfull????  (Read 578 times)

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
Busta Rhymes The Big Bang was it successfull????
« on: August 25, 2007, 05:43:11 AM »
Yo I jus brought this album 2 days ago, I'll admit I was sleepin on it, I thought the shit would be mediocre like busta's album before it but then my homie told me it was dope so I got it. Shit suprised the fuck outta me, album is consistent as hell & actually feels like an album not just a bunch of songs thrown together.

So what I was wondering was, was this album succeccful like succecful enough for us to see another Busta release on aftermath???

if yall know the answer let me know cos I'd love to see another busta album drop on aftermath if it was up to par wit this, like I dont care if its a 4 year wait I jus wanna know what yall think

« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 05:46:16 AM by Skeptic »

wcsoldier

Re: Busta Rhymes The Big Bang was it successfull????
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 05:51:47 AM »
It wasn't successfull ... did around 600k coz of too many pushbacks AND very bad choices of the singles ( if the track with Missy wasn't meant to be a single , you have to explain why it's on the album , a grammy level track with Stevie..) .. the album was good but I was very dissapointed by  Dre work on it and the Timbo beat (WTF was that song  ???) ... regarding another Busta album , you'll see one after Em, 50 (last) , Stat, Detox and Bishop albums so Mid-2009 is a reasonnable release date (and naw it's not a joke)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 05:52:26 AM »
Busta just said in a recet interview that hes working on a new album with a tentative name "Before Hell Freezes Over."

Was it successfull ? In terms of sales, no. But that was due to the fact that it got pushed back several times and the poor choice of 1st single (I Love My Bitch) and the fact that there was no Dre single, which everybody wanted.

But in terms of quality, hell yeah. For me this was the best Aftermath album since GRODT. Banging production, Busta showed a more serious, lyrically side to him. The only negative part was the wack ass Timbo track and not putting Money,Imagine and Love Me Or Hate Me on the cd.

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 05:58:15 AM »
^^^^
is there anywhere I can get them songs that weren't included on the album, also the eminem one cos I heard that on youtube and it was dope as fuck

I def think its successful as an album in terms of makin a fuckin dope ALBUM not jus hit single like most albums these days, its the best busta album I ever heard, I own/have heard every album from anarchy onwards.

I don't mind that timbo track like i reckon busta is crazy on it, except the beat is average like it dont really bang, I was playin it loud as fuck before and it still didnt even seemed like it banged and it aint the sound system haha. Tho I think busta kinda saved that beat cos I love his raps on it!!!

wcsoldier

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 06:06:24 AM »
^^^^ Prominiscious beat was for Busta 1st I think .. even the beat they made in that youtube vid would have been better .. and Dre work outside Get you some is average too ... the result of a 3 day session Dre and Busta had for Genesis >>>>>>>>>>> the result of more time ( I guess, with Dre you never knows) spend together for the Big Bang

westkoastanostra

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 09:59:36 AM »
now that i think about it, i believe it was pretty successful cuz rap sales have been shitty since 06' and busta going gold during these times was good...i'm sure if the album would have dropped in 03 04 it woulda reached platinum since rap sales were major back then

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 10:13:21 AM »
600,000 ain't bad at all...
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 10:30:03 AM »
600,000 ain't bad at all...

These days its good. NOt spectacular but good.

My favorite album to come out in a lng time.

Lil D

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 12:12:50 PM »
yeah man i agree with timbo the king, it was a very solid album with monster production, first week sales were bad and it took him MAD long to go gold [ i even thought ice cube sold more or the same]

herpes

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 12:18:33 PM »
in this day and age 600K is good numbers.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 02:08:32 PM »
in this day and age 600K is good numbers.

With the internet and MP3s burining cd's i think its good

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 02:55:09 PM »
Yeah it didn't push as many units as the label woulda liked, but the quaility of the album was incredible. I remember that album getting pushed back so many times, but in the end I felt it was worth the wait.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 03:20:52 PM »
It wasn't successful.   It wasn't a failure.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 06:57:35 PM »
My favorite album to come out in a lng time.
For real.

That's like the only new real Hip Hop album I bought so far. Hot damn.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 10:49:00 PM »
wcsolider knows what he talkin about.....this album was an album where dre let busta down....i cannot remember an album for a long ass time where the mc outshone dre on his album.....but this album busta deserved better beats because he was really on top of his game....

however was the album a success???....hell no.....600k for someone on aftermath is a failure period....anything below platinum is....and the nigga made us wait like 4 years for this shit....its a very good album if its something that was cooked up in the period of 8-12 months....but 4 years....fuck naw....dre dissapointed behind the boards...busta whilst on top of his game let us down by not bringin the real busta out too on some shit....where was the break your neck type of shit on the album....the neptune/busta collabos.....what the fuck was that timbo joint all about.....

and u have a club smash with missy on it and then you dont use it?? shiit....if u aint gonna use that shit as a single why waste it on his album....he could have passed that beat onto someone else....terrible mistake in not having that as a single....

3-4 years wait for this album....was it worth it...hell nooo

was it a weak album....no....

was it a great album....no

was it a failure....yes...

should busta be given another chance on aftermath?...yes....i think dre/busta got a real good relationship for starters and i think busta is a OG you shouldnt fuck with....its better for aftermath to have busta on their label than to not have him.....but if we have to wait another 3 -4 years for his album at this stage of his career...its better that he dont