Author Topic: Y does Jayz get mentioned so often & get so much credit for writing Still Dre?  (Read 255 times)

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
its not like its a lyrical masterpeice

DR Dres the name, still ahead of the game..

a 10 yr old cuda come up with that

Blu Lacez

its not like its a lyrical masterpeice

DR Dres the name, still ahead of the game..

a 10 yr old cuda come up with that
Arguably..so..but
well that's not..Still Dre verse..1,2 & 3 are all Dope!1
IMO!!
& i's different from Jay's bragging kinda lyrics!!

as jay z once said.."for The right Price,i'mma make ur sh*t tighter"

MIAMI4LIFE

because it is the song that brought the Dre back into the mainstream, I thought the lyrics were perfect for the track and it was the  song to come back with, Dre himself said at the time that he had completed the album but didn't have that first single to hit them with

d-nice

Dre lost some cool points from me on that one. It's a westcoast track for god's sake. You could not get DOC to write some stuff like that? He wrote California Love didn't he? As bad as Puffy having people write his tribute track to BIG.

MIAMI4LIFE

Dre lost some cool points from me on that one. It's a westcoast track for god's sake. You could not get DOC to write some stuff like that? He wrote California Love didn't he? As bad as Puffy having people write his tribute track to BIG.

the lyrics to me fit the track like a glove, I know where your coming from and the lyrics were changed around a bit when Dre found some references that weren't really west coast can't remember which ones though

d-nice

the lyrics to me fit the track like a glove, I know where your coming from and the lyrics were changed around a bit when Dre found some references that weren't really west coast can't remember which ones though

I guess for me it's still the whole f a ghostwriter lyric Cube said. But Dre has always had them. I just find it funny a Brooklyn MC penned one of the biggest singles from that year on a west coast track.

MIAMI4LIFE

I guess for me it's still the whole f a ghostwriter lyric Cube said. But Dre has always had them. I just find it funny a Brooklyn MC penned one of the biggest singles from that year on a west coast track.

I feel what your saying, especially for a track of that magnitude maybe he could've got someone like Xzibit to write some tight verses, but here in NY the track was getting mad play and everyone knew that Jigga wrote it, but alot of his tracks were getting play here, Fuck You, XXXplosive, Next Episode, Forgot About Dre, and I remember Bang Bang was getting tons of play on the mix shows, damn that album was huge

Blu Lacez

Yeah True!!
But I guess in my understanding Dre Probably was looking for a track, from a rappers point of view outside of Cali!!
Jigga did a good Job, coming from BK, talkin bout he is from Cali..and all..

d-nice

I thought the track itself fit so well like HighEyeCue said. Dre was breaking down his career up to that point and all that he did for the game. That and the beat was insane for that track.

Blu Lacez

I thought the track itself fit so well like HighEyeCue said. Dre was breaking down his career up to that point and all that he did for the game. That and the beat was insane for that track.
Yeah,it was!!