Author Topic: 50 speaks on Kanye possibly outselling him, new beef with Def Jam?  (Read 521 times)

GangstaBoogy

50 speaks on Kanye possibly outselling him, new beef with Def Jam?
« on: September 12, 2007, 07:04:53 PM »
Rapper 50 Cent recently commented on his first week's album sales projections, which estimate that his new album Curtis will move 550-600,000 units, about 200,000 less than Kanye West's new album Graduation.

The two rappers have been engaged in a "feud" over who's album would top the album charts over the past few months.

50 Cent appeared on Angie Martinez' Hot 97 show today (September 12) and blamed the album's second place status on Interscope Records.

"To be honest the process of selling this record hasn't been fun," 50 Cent said. "I'm happy with the performance, but I'm not happy with the set up. We had conference calls and after we created this plan, nobody actually had a plan."

According to first day sales data, Kanye West's Graduation is outselling 50 Cent's Curtis by a ratio of 2 to 1.

50 Cent also issued a warning to Def Jam, claiming he would release a new album every time the label had a big release.

"Hypothetically, if I came in under Kanye West, I would release a new album every time Def Jam had a priority. I would release a record verses every one of their top priorities," 50 Cent said.

50 Cent also said that he was finished with Interscope after the release of his next album, which will fulfill his contractual obligations to the label.

"It was the label," 50 Cent said. "Their dropping the ball all over the place. I'll release my next album and then I'm a free agent."
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

AnybodyKilla

Re: 50 speaks on Kanye possibly outselling him, new beef with Def Jam?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 07:08:12 PM »
Haha, this was all promo though, nothing that 50 Cent did, but 50 was acting to cocky bout him winning, it DID look like 50 was going to win, but i guess hes going to loose!!!

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 07:11:46 PM »

50 Cent also issued a warning to Def Jam, claiming he would release a new album every time the label had a big release.

"Hypothetically, if I came in under Kanye West, I would release a new album every time Def Jam had a priority. I would release a record verses every one of their top priorities," 50 Cent said.
LMMMMMFFFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 08:30:33 AM »
If you thought the battle between 50 Cent and Kanye West was over, you'd be wrong. While just about every expert is projecting that Kanye West will sell more albums, 50 Cent isn't taking his apparent loss sitting down.

MediaTakeOut.com exclusively learned that the Queens rapper has ordered executives at his record label Interscope to go out to record stores and purchase 300K copies of his album Curtis.

According to an Interscope insider, 50 Cent laid down the gauntlet to the record company on a conference call yesterday. The tipster told MediaTakeOut.com, "[50 Cent] basically told us that we were being too cheap with his project ... He laid out an ultimatum, either we go out and, using our own money, buy up 300K copies of Curtis. Or he'll leave [the label]."

And 50 Cent's strong-handed tactic may just work. The tipster explained to MediaTakeOut.com, "For [Interscope] to do what [50 Cent] is asking, we'd have to significantly increase our post-production budget ... But 50 Cent is our most important artist, so we're looking for ways to make accommodations."

Right now music industry experts are speculating that Kanye will sell approximately 750K copies of his album Graduation this week. Without Interscope's 300K album purchase, 50 Cent's Curtis is projected to sell only 600K.

^ wouldn't surprise me at all if this is true
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 08:45:51 AM »
I thought he was going to retire  :P

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 08:53:31 AM »
somebody tell 50 that GRODT was him claim to fame because of Dre and Em.  trying to do everything by yourself doesnt always bring the best out you.  i know 50 is capable, but his album is really just not that good.  kinda like what happend to Game when aftermath cutt their ties with him.   ;)

cant say the same for kanye cause i havnt heard is album.  but i wont probably hear it anyway because i the stuff he has done in the past is not the kind which i prefer.

these niggaz should be on them MTV OC rich shows with all the bullshit drama they drag onto.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 09:06:00 AM »
Just like I told ya'll b4, Kanye is gonna sell more.  just wait til tha next wave of rap hits, guarenteed its gona b more conscience.  1st Talib selln' more than Swizz Beatz even tho Swizzy had tha bigger single, now Kanye sellin more than 50, I'm tellin u, i wouldnt doubt it if "Shock VAlue" sold more than "Detox"...........................
I only fuck with 10's

WC Iz Active

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 09:27:20 AM »
Curtis is even more bitchmade then Jay.  What a fuckin sissy,  he wants Scope to buy 300,000 copies,  that how he wants to win??  what a fuckin dweeb

$Eg2$

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 09:31:20 AM »
All record labels especially Def Jam and Interscope buy there own records every1 knows that.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 10:11:50 AM »
"It was tha label." Bullshit.

It's the record. It's just as good as Kanye's. End of story. Take the loss with dignity 50, don't be a fucking baby about sales.

Okka

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 10:25:06 AM »
Damn, 50  :D

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 01:56:23 PM »
somebody tell 50 that GRODT was him claim to fame because of Dre and Em.  trying to do everything by yourself doesnt always bring the best out you.  i know 50 is capable, but his album is really just not that good.  kinda like what happend to Game when aftermath cutt their ties with him.   ;)

cant say the same for kanye cause i havnt heard is album.  but i wont probably hear it anyway because i the stuff he has done in the past is not the kind which i prefer.

these niggaz should be on them MTV OC rich shows with all the bullshit drama they drag onto.

word.

ai002h

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 02:50:19 PM »
I think we really underestimate the number of buyers that are effected by the comments about the albums on hip hop/hit stations ever since the leak. Callers have been callin in and talkin about the albums and, from what I've heard, across the country, for the past 2-3 weeks "Curtis" was getting destroyed on hip hop stations, people sayin "Curtis is wack" while saying "Graduation is the bomb", whether it was callers callin in, or DJs who listened to both records. Obviously DJs would be more PC about it than a caller, but at the end of the day, its the product and no one liked Curtis and those opinions were being flooded across the airwaves.

Now, i dont think the negative feedback made someone buy Graduation instead of Curtis. I think what it did was make people not buy Curtis, regardless of whether they were getting graduation. Posiive feedback on radio stations doesnt do much for album sales in comparison to the singles and stuff like that, but negative feedback to the degree 50 got could imo do some damaged, enough to damage to possibly catapult Kanye into the #1 spot.

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 03:22:29 PM »
Curtis is even more bitchmade then Jay.
And I didn't even know that was possible.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Narrator

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 05:40:36 PM »
Curtis is even more bitchmade then Jay.  What a fuckin sissy,  he wants Scope to buy 300,000 copies,  that how he wants to win??  what a fuckin dweeb

Well, he COULD just edit Wikipedia to say he sold more records, which is of course what Dipset and their groupies do.  That's bitchmade shit right there.