Author Topic: Mobb Deep Tell Their Side Of Saigon Fight  (Read 421 times)

Blu Lacez

Mobb Deep Tell Their Side Of Saigon Fight
« on: October 02, 2007, 06:31:17 AM »
Although Saigon is calling his recent run-in at a New York club with Mobb Deep a victory, the Mobb has a very different account of the outcome and it doesn't include an L on their record either.

According to Mobb Deep members Prodigy and Havoc, there's one way to see it -- and that is that Saigon was chased out of the club. "At the end of the day, he got chased out the building," P told MTV's Mixtape Mondays.

Saigon and Mobb Deep were engaged in a brawl at SOB's in New York City in September (see "Saigon, Mobb Deep Get Into Physical Altercation During Music Showcase In New York"), during a Havoc show. The day after the incident took place, YouTube footage of the fight showed Saigon and his crew arguing on stage with Mobb Deep and their entourage, followed by a scuffle in which Saigon is seen punching Prodigy in the face before being chased out of the venue by the Mobb's crew.

Since the fight took place, both sides have waged a war of words, claiming victory and each releasing their own video versions via YouTube. For the first time, though, Havoc and Prodigy have spoken.

"We went to Hav's show, you know how we do, we the Mobb," Prodigy said to MTV. "We was going to show love and celebrate. It was all love. Then we hear [DJ] Premier on the mic saying, 'We got a special guest performance tonight: Saigon.' We all looking at each other like, 'Saigon? What is he doing here? Special guest performance? OK, let's get up on stage.' Basically, Hav shows him love. Saigon was like, 'Oh, it's all love.' I was glad that happened. But certain people around us was like, 'He's poppin' sh--. We f---ing him up.' And that's what happened. He caught lumps."

Prodigy also responded to Saigon's comments that he "snuffed little punk ass Prodigy." "For people to say, 'He snuffed P,' first of all, that's what happens in a fight," P explained. "People get hit. I been hit plenty of times in my face in a fight. I done got people's teeth lodged in my knuckles and all that. That's what happens."

Saigon, however, admits to fleeing, saying he did what he was there to do, but was outnumbered. "I had already rocked Prodigy, it was time to dip up outta there," Sai wrote on his blog the morning after.

"How do you jump on another man's back," Havoc jokingly said about Sai's departure from the club. "How do you do that? He jumped on another man's back [to flee the club]. He started with us from the beginning. He's a wack new rapper who will never be a legend. Mobb Deep are legends. If you think I'm wrong, say I'm wrong, but I got mad gold and platinum plaques."

The beef stems from an interview Prodigy did earlier this year, where he had said he didn't like Saigon, in which Sai responded later by saying he'd get P, and finally did so.

"I don't like him [Saigon]. I don't like nobody really. I'm biased. I only like Mobb Deep sh--. Everybody else could suck my d---," Prodigy said, according to XXL.
http://www.ballerstatus.com/article/news/2007/10/3180/

Blu Lacez

Re: Mobb Deep Tell Their Side Of Saigon Fight
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 06:32:24 AM »
Not Sure If this has been posted here before!

The Watcher

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 06:48:10 AM »
the funniest part of that video was seeing saigon get a piggyback out of that club
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Blu Lacez

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 06:50:56 AM »
the funniest part of that video was seeing saigon get a piggyback out of that club
;D ;D ;D

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 07:38:50 AM »
"At the end of the day, he got chased out the building," - Yeah & at the end of the day you got knocked the fuck out. Oh & Hav is talking shit now about Sai, funny cause a minute after the whole incident Havoc was giving Saigon props & saying he's a good artist & all that. Whatever, Saigon is probably gonna get them again, lol.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 09:27:59 AM »
I love their older music but as people Mobb Deep seem like fuckin faggots, especially Pee.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 09:45:37 AM »
How many L's does Mobb Deep take. I remember when they came out, people were like Mobb Deep is the shit, no one can fuck with Mobb Deep, then came Hit 'Em Up, which they responded AFTER 'Pac's death. Then came their on again off again beef with Nas, and then came Takeover which Jay destoyed them putting out the famous pics at Summer Jam, then their beef with Tru Life which they crew got stomped. Mobb Deep has been more than Ethered, they are used good, sloppy 4ths. I can't think of one W for the Mobb, except maybe Keith Murry.

$Eg2$

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »
LOL @ Mobb Deep being Legends  :laugh:

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 10:21:29 AM »
How many L's does Mobb Deep take. I remember when they came out, people were like Mobb Deep is the shit, no one can fuck with Mobb Deep, then came Hit 'Em Up, which they responded AFTER 'Pac's death. Then came their on again off again beef with Nas, and then came Takeover which Jay destoyed them putting out the famous pics at Summer Jam, then their beef with Tru Life which they crew got stomped. Mobb Deep has been more than Ethered, they are used good, sloppy 4ths. I can't think of one W for the Mobb, except maybe Keith Murry.
Drop A Gem On Em was recorded before Pac's death but released after. Mobb Deep didn't even want the joint to make the final cut but it did.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 12:04:14 PM »
"At the end of the day, he got chased out the building," - Yeah & at the end of the day you got knocked the fuck out. Oh & Hav is talking shit now about Sai, funny cause a minute after the whole incident Havoc was giving Saigon props & saying he's a good artist & all that. Whatever, Saigon is probably gonna get them again, lol.

At the end of the day mobb deeps career is over, they had a good little run ,but now its time for SAIGON!!!!!!!

IKnowEverything

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 12:23:31 PM »
mobb deep had about 100 niggas chasing that dude and still didn't catch him hahaha saigon won

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 12:24:01 PM »
Drop A Gem On Em was recorded before Pac's death but released after. Mobb Deep didn't even want the joint to make the final cut but it did.

doesn't matter, basically Mobb Deep got a number of L's, more L's than any major artist out there.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 12:57:53 PM »
^Yeah I know, I just wanted to point that one out.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 09:08:48 PM »
Mobb Deep are legends,  end of discussion.

Drop a gem on them>>>>>>>>>  hit em up

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 09:11:15 PM »
Mobb Deep are legends,  end of discussion.

Drop a gem on them>>>>>>>>>  hit em up

You're funny sometimes, bruh.