Author Topic: an explanation of self  (Read 267 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
an explanation of self
« on: October 15, 2007, 01:00:23 PM »
This is always a big risk because whenever you make yourself vulnerable/candid on online communities people will surely exploit it but whatever. I know I'm legit in explaining this.

It may seem like I come on here just to diss hip hop and its culture and shit but that ain't true.

Anyone that actually reads my posts will tell you that i talk about hip hop, artists that I like and all that other jazz just as much as I criticize them and the culture.

and also, what you guys don't see is that when I'm with people that are ignorant to hip hop I try to educate them/check them when they make ignorant/negative blanket statements just like I do here when people make ignorant statements about rock and other scenes that don't know about.

It's just what i do because I like to enhance discussion, so if the people I talk to know what's up with more spectrums, it widens the spectrum of conversations we can have. I mean we can only talk about Daz, DPG and whatever artists dre signed that ain't dropping yet, dumb mainstream shit like kanye/50, and even felt II so much you know? I like to widen the spectrum and I really do do my best to not attack people unless I am attacked so if you ain't trying to hear to what I'm saying, fine. Don't read my posts, but don't start attacking shit for no reason you know?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: an explanation of self
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 01:20:14 PM »
to be fair, there have been times where I've attacked people that didn't attack me. For example if I saw them being cruel to someone/an entire group of people (perhaps a race/religion/art scene as is often the case) I'll often say something smart ass cause I feel once you're taking shots at muthafuckas, you're in the line of fire too you know? But yeah, I wanted to say that cause it would be dishonest to say I only attack people if attacked.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

SGV

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 01:42:43 PM »
What if people's reasons for attacking you is because you attack people for no reason? What if people are playing the role just as you do?

Just a little word of advice: People really do do their best to not attack people unless they are attacked so if you ain't trying to hear to what other's are saying, fine. Don't read other people's posts, but don't start attacking shit for no reason you know?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 01:56:32 PM »
I think I'd know if that was the case. Most of the time when I get attacked, I didn't attack shit. i was just talking about some stuff. Alot of cats will hate when I talk about shit that has nothing to do with anything negative.

I'll be talking about Dre production that I like and people will just start calling me a dickrider and shit just cause I don't jump on the 'all new dre shit is whack' bandwagon.

I made a post last year asking what the '10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1" vocal sample was from in '10 crack commandments' and this dude tommyfits was flipping out on me and shit and calling me a moron cause I hadn't heard that shit and it's like, there's tons of classic shit he ain't heard and I'm not trying to diss him so what's the big fucking deal? He was talking about I have no right to claim to be a hip hop head this and that and all i ever claimed to be as far as hip hop goes, was a west coast fan anyway so that was rather unprovoked.

I'll mention weed or something like that and cats will be hating on that, dissing hippies unprovokedly, saying drugs make me stupid and I'm an idiot. I mean if you don't like weed, cool...then say that, don't attack the people who do it.

For example, i don't like T.I....but I don't say T.I. is whack, I just say I don't like him. it's common courtesy, and it's more accurate and alot of people don't get that and that can provoke my comments at times I guess.

Or people will make posts dissing Jews and gays...not playng devils advocate or nothing just straight "i hate these cats'...that shit is clearly not to advance any kind of discussion, such cats are not playing a role you dig?

Look dude, I'm sorry I messed up your gay co worker thread, but it's nothing against you. I'm legitimate here. You can even look at the way i've treated you in the majority of my time here and know that I'm legitimate. Not saying I'm right in every instance or perfect, but I'm usually coming from a legitimate place and not just saying some shit just to say it.

People think playing devil's advocate is to be an instigator or be annoying or start shit but to me it's presenting the best arguments from all sides of an issue, because that's the ingredients for the best possible discussion you know?

But when people try to dismiss the originator of the ideas as opposed to assessing the ideas themselves, it gets really fucking frustrating. Does that make sense?

-T
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 02:00:03 PM by Tanjential »

westcoastavengers.com

SGV

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 02:09:13 PM »
LMAO... You keep bringing up the same thread as if it means anything to me. Do you feel that threatened by me that you have to resort to bringing up the same thing time and time again?

Look dude, I'm sorry I messed up your explanation of yourself thread, but it's nothing against you. I'm legitimate here. You can even look at the way i've treated you in the majority of my time here and know that I'm legitimate. Not saying I'm right in every instance or perfect, but I'm usually coming from a legitimate place and not just saying some shit just to say it.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 02:14:18 PM »
I just don't why it's such a big deal. This is just an Internet forum..

kemizt

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 02:15:42 PM »
That is true, but im not going to front because some of the thing tanj says make me wish i could be where he is at so i can jab him in his face

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 02:35:44 PM »
LMAO... You keep bringing up the same thread as if it means anything to me. Do you feel that threatened by me that you have to resort to bringing up the same thing time and time again?

Look dude, I'm sorry I messed up your explanation of yourself thread, but it's nothing against you. I'm legitimate here. You can even look at the way i've treated you in the majority of my time here and know that I'm legitimate. Not saying I'm right in every instance or perfect, but I'm usually coming from a legitimate place and not just saying some shit just to say it.

For sure man, I appreciate your maturity on the matter. I'm glad it doesn't mean anything to you, I would hope it doesn't mean anything to you.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Unknown White Male

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 03:56:53 PM »
That is true, but im not going to front because some of the thing tanj says make me wish i could be where he is at so i can jab him in his face

lol what? what if i said i didn't care for the film City of God? would you want to destroy me?

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 06:24:18 PM »

lol what? what if i said i didn't care for the film City of God? would you want to destroy me?
No thats totally different, and that would be retarded.  You see the posts he has always trying to act like he's on some pedestal. Who are you also because I been changed by sig a while ago?

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 12:38:14 AM »

No thats totally different, and that would be retarded.  You see the posts he has always trying to act like he's on some pedestal. Who are you also because I been changed by sig a while ago?
unless i missed something,homie is the most chill dude on here. easily one of the best posters on here.....

SGV

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 02:37:20 AM »

unless i missed something,homie is the most chill dude on here. easily one of the best posters on here.....

Ya missed something.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 05:54:18 AM »

Ya missed something.

everlast1986

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 07:50:49 AM »

seriously, at least he backs up what he says without throwing in some lame ignorant comment like 75% of people on here do and is proven to be open minded

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 07:53:46 AM »

seriously, at least he backs up what he says without throwing in some lame ignorant comment like 75% of people on here do and is proven to be open minded
::)