Author Topic: Crooked I Hip Hop Weekly (WEEK 31) - Who Is He Dissing?  (Read 941 times)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Crooked I Hip Hop Weekly (WEEK 31) - Who Is He Dissing?
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2007, 06:11:43 AM »
RE: Low Key --> fyi, Bun B has already recorded a track with Crook... it was supposed to be on the 2005 version of B.O.S.S., but supposedly the hard drive crashed... then later on i heard they were able to retrieve all of the songs from that crashed drive... so he does have a Bun B collabo track in the vault as far as i know... but not sure if it'll make B.O.S.S. or not??... as for Just Blaze?... Jim Gittum recently mentioned that Crook has been receiving a slew of "big name" producer beats lately... Gittum mentioned beats coming from Just Blaze, DJ Toomp and others... as for why the so-called "people who got love for Crook" don't have him on their albums is sort of a moot point... you could argue endlessly for why other artists who show love to each other, yet don't appear on each other's albums either??... case in point, why haven't we heard more Dr. Dre/Ice Cube collabos over the years?... Dr. Dre & Warren G?... we could go on and on with that question and apply it to every other hip-hop artist... but it's null & void... because we can't know why so & so is good friends with so & so, yet they've never collab'ed with each other??... lastly, Crook has been popping up on all sorts of guest feature tracks lately... albeit a lot of what he pops up on are with unknown artists... but i'm guessing since HHW & XXL, that there are a few "known" artists hollering at Crook for a verse, but it may be for a future album of theirs that won't drop for awhile yet??... i mean there are all sorts of things going on behind the scenes that we're not privy to until it actually happens, so who's to say that he hasn't already appeared on some "known" artists album at this point?... if y'all remember that N.O.R.E. interview DubCNN did a couple of months ago, he was harping about really wanting to do a track with Crook... and Talib Kweli hosted BET Rap City all week this past week and on Tuesday's episode he listed his personal "Top 10" MC's and put Crooked I @ #1... not that that matters much since it's all opinions anyway, but it goes to show that Crook's visibility this year with HHW & XXL is being recognized, which in turn means more potential opportunities for him to work with more "known" artists & producers.

You are defending Crook like I was 2 years ago. So a Bun B collab supposedly exists on an album that was never released. Who cares? We all know an artist can buy verses or beats and throw them on their albums, but to be really co-signed by an artist, Crook needs to be put on someone else's album. I could buy a verse from Bun B if the money was right, but do you honestly think he would want me to rap on his shit? Hell naw. Dre didn't need Warren to make a name for himself and vice versa. After NWA, Dre and Cube were beefing, then Dre signed to Death Row and as we all know, if it wasn't in-house, Suge wasn't going to let it happen (Murder Was The Case excluded, Death Row soundtracks had different rules). Then Cube got into acting and that was that. Plus it was a different era in rap where the west coast was actually on top. It's just like with the south nowadays where any rapper with a drawl can get on the radio with a drop of a hat. Good for Crook that he is getting exposure, but honestly, I'm so far beyond hearing about him trying to get a buzz so he can release an album. I want results. 10 years is long enough.

Maybe in a year or two from now, you'll feel the same way I do right now and you'll understand where I'm coming from and the frustration involved, because I guarantee you that I have known about Crooked I and anticipating an album from him longer than the majority of people on this site. It just gets really monotonous. Ya know?