Author Topic: Doctor's Advocate and Blue Carpet Treatment: 1 year later  (Read 708 times)

d-nice

Doctor's Advocate and Blue Carpet Treatment: 1 year later
« on: November 20, 2007, 09:39:22 PM »
What are your guys thoughts on these 2 albums 1 year later? Good, bad it's all good. Just a couple random thoughts from me on both.

Doctor's Advocate

The production is still as fresh as the first day

Game's storytelling on Ole English and One Night are dope as fuck

I am probably the only person that liked Bang with DPG. One of Jelly Roll's better beats.

That beat for Lookin At You is one of the best to kick off a album.

Blue Carpet Treatment

LAX grew on me alot since the first couple times I listened to it. Better if it was dropped in the summertime.

Round Here is the SHIT.

The Dre beats were dope IMO. Alot more piano driven loops and organs.

Candy is the shit in the clubs. This whole album had some really dope beats.

Looking at how much Timbaland has dominated the charts this year, I think Snoop missed a surefire hit for the radio and clubs with Can I Get A Light. God damn that beat still bangs.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
Re: Doctor's Advocate and Blue Carpet Treatment: 1 year later
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 09:44:48 PM »
i love bpth albums... and BANG is one of the dopest songs on that cd,... kurupt n game ripped it...

d-nice

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 09:53:55 PM »
i love bpth albums... and BANG is one of the dopest songs on that cd,... kurupt n game ripped it...

Sounds great in a system. Game and DPG make some dope music together. Doctor's Advocate is a true west coast album. Both albums really IMO.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 10:33:43 PM »
I def like Dr advocate better.

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 10:48:45 PM »
Dr advocate i thought was better but the song with snoop and dre was dope to

thisoneguy360

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 11:04:12 PM »
Both dope albums, props to Game & Snoop

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 11:31:24 PM »
Both dope albums, props to Game & Snoop

lonestone

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 11:40:50 PM »
Co-sign 360. I didn' tlike one night beat though or round here really. Rest was ight.
Looking for mc's message me or email me. Peace.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 12:06:59 AM »
when they came out i was feelin SNoops album more but now its switched, i barely play the SNoop album but it had some cuts on it

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 12:12:28 AM »
Both albums are very mediocre. Especially DA. The Game is such a boring rapper. His voice, flow, always the same, always boring. Embarrassing that people actually like his music.

Snoops album wasn't good at all, Dre's beats were bad. A few good cuts.

The releases this year weren't much stronger though. Guilty By Affiliation is 100x better then both albums put together.

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 12:18:38 AM »
I reckon the snoop album is dope and has a bunch of dope tracks, i don't think any tracks are wack but in my opinion it had too many average tracks like, u get awesome tracks like crazy, vato, thats that, candy, boss's life etc then hella average ones like the last track like umm the one wit jamie foxx etc and I actually like the jamie foxx song but it is too all over the place in my opinion, but still enjoyable

Game's album on the other hand is consistent as fuck nearly every track is dope as fuck, Only track I really ever skip is the one wit jamie foxx not really feelin the kinda deep track to the bitch as its also hard to follow

Overall I reckon Game's album is crazy and we'll be a personal classic to me, blue carpet treatment is real dope too but almost feels like a compilation rather than an album

ps I loved the track wit dpg and game on DA!

Snoopafly-1986

Piffmeister2008

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 03:21:44 AM »
DA is still the shit. BCT has gotten pretty boring. The Dre beats were heavily overrated.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 03:32:40 AM »
Good thread, I just  happened to listen to both last week and the result is obvious: DA is much better:

a) Snoop --> he killed the album lyrically, some great storytelling as welll. The main problem is that the album is too long, with 22 tracks it's all over the place. Actually I love first 12 tracks, the album sounds great from the intro to Round Here. But then there's the whole I'm-gonna-please-die-hard-westcoast-fans fase. Super wack features, with 5 rappers on each song, with some of the most amateurish production I've ever heard Snoop on. I only like 2 tracks in the 2nd half; I Wanna Fuck You and Imagine. Dre and Timbo both didn't gave their A game.

b) Game --> great album, the production is amazing, groundbreaking. I don't know where Game gets the money or how he recoups from Kayne, Will.I.Am, Swizzy, J.R., Just Blaze, Scott Storch and let's not forget that tracks with Timbaland, Cool N Dre and Dre didnt make the cut. Despite having so many producers, the album is cohesive, except 2,3 tracks. These are Wouldn't Get Far, Bang and Around The World. If only Game put few of those 6 leftover tracks on the album, instead of those 3, it would be a classic.

BTW I always thought that Why You Hate The Game was overrated and didn't suit Game's style as much as Nas, however, I was driving home yesterday, I was alone and it was night and the song came one. The last few mintues where it's only the choir and Just Blaze speaking just gave me chills. Perfect track to end the album, Game gets mad props for that.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 03:40:22 AM »
b) Game --> great album, the production is amazing, groundbreaking.
i respect your opinion about game's album, but explain to me why you said that the production is groundbreaking?