Author Topic: Wtf, was Snoop born in Mississippi?  (Read 1302 times)

Blesswitskill

• Lil Geezy
Re: Wtf, was Snoop born in Mississippi?
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2007, 05:12:14 PM »
I saw an episode of Live From L.A on BET fews yrs ago featuring DJ Quik, Snoop Dogg and Xziibit . He also mention's he from Mississippi .

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2007, 09:17:23 PM »
where your born doesnt really mean where your FROM....i was born in silver springs, MD-suburb of DC... i lived in that area(DC metro area) for around 3 years. I lived in LA for almost 2 years. Colorado over a year, San Diego for almost 6 years. Brazil almost 2 years(family's from there, plus go there a few times a year). Florida almost 4 years, and now I live in the bay area since august.

It hard to expain to people where im from, but I got alot of what I am in SD and Rio, brazil.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2007, 09:24:41 PM »
LOL....

So birth PLACE is really that important? At least half of the people I know were born somewhere else than they were RAISED. I even know people who were technically born in a different country, but they grew up their entire life here...so what does that make them?

Okay calm down thread ruiner, I'm just shocked about this thats all, its not like I'm writing dude off my West Coast list. Its just weird cuz Snoop kept this shiet hella hidden. Eminem, Xzibit, 2Pac, Kurupt, and all other other artist that were born somewhere else but claim the city that they were raised it all still acknowledge being from somewhere else originally. But Snoop, I seen his Behind the Music, read hella profiles, and all kinda shiet and it always says born and raised in Long Beach.

LOL. I was really comin at the people who were gettin even more hyped up about it than you.

I don't really think it was hidden...but most people could care less about it. If he went to HS there for two years, or if he didn't move until he was 13-14, it would make a big difference. But at least half of the people that are seen as being from L.A. were born somewhere else. Tookie was born somewhere else and didn't move until he was about 6-7.

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2007, 02:01:35 AM »
I'll also say that it don't matter to me where they were born.. I"m not going to write them off my westcoast list either.. just I didn't know that all those artists were born elsewhere.  Always figured they were from Cali since they rep it so hard.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2007, 02:27:24 AM »
What! He's not a real california G'?! For now on he's a nobody to me.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

DENS

• 'G'
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2007, 02:33:35 AM »
lool if you look better, they're all not real California G'zzee

LiLDuVall tHe CaLi-Vanian

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2007, 05:49:43 AM »
snoop was born in long beach he said it in his autobiography but his family are from mississippi

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2007, 11:29:04 PM »
I'll also say that it don't matter to me where they were born.. I"m not going to write them off my westcoast list either.. just I didn't know that all those artists were born elsewhere.  Always figured they were from Cali since they rep it so hard.
me 2

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

G iC3

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2007, 11:38:58 PM »
Like Redman once said:
Cuz It Ain't Where You From, It's About Where You At!!!
G'z Up, Ho'z Down....& If Tha B!TCH Can't Swimm Than Tha B!TCH Iz Bound 2 Drizzown!

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2007, 09:58:37 AM »
2Pac
X-Z
Kurupt
The DOC

who else?who aint from the west but rep tha west?

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2007, 10:24:46 AM »
pretty sure he said it in the Welcome To Death Row interview...talked about Daz comin out from Oklahoma n all

Mygla

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2007, 11:41:29 AM »
I'm 99% sure Snoop spoke on his southern roots in one of his songs... even spoke with a southern accent in it...

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2007, 11:54:31 AM »
^^ give me an example for a southern accent.you know english aisnt my first lenguage.plz.

Mygla

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2007, 02:01:46 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_American_English

lol, I dunno... check out southern rappers like T.I. and Ludacris... they speak and rap with a very southern accent ;)

the vine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2007, 07:28:59 PM »
yall are retarded foreal

foreal

he was like 7 when he moved here

if you wanna act like retards, tookie williams wasnt born in cali, so oh woooow

some groupie attitude goin on here