Author Topic: Magic Johnson says "Kidd WILL be a Laker"  (Read 495 times)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Magic Johnson says "Kidd WILL be a Laker"
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2007, 06:28:27 PM »
Good veteran bigs are rarely available. Aside from MAYBE JO, there is no realistic possibility. I predict the Lakers to not make a big trade this season. Depending on how the season ends, Kobe will either get traded or not. If they get bounced in the first round this season, I don't see any chance of Kobe staying. The Lakers have always been about trading a player before he expires in one way or the other.
7 your a good poster but lol @ your sig...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2007, 05:57:45 AM »
Good veteran bigs are rarely available. Aside from MAYBE JO, there is no realistic possibility. I predict the Lakers to not make a big trade this season. Depending on how the season ends, Kobe will either get traded or not. If they get bounced in the first round this season, I don't see any chance of Kobe staying. The Lakers have always been about trading a player before he expires in one way or the other.

I've had jabs at Kobe in my sigs for months... I won't stop until he a) signs a contract extension or b) gets traded/opts out  :D 
LeBron is having the better season. Not the better career, not the better skillset, not the better team, not the better record, but definitely the better season.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2007, 07:17:30 AM »
Kidd is obviously an upgrade right now and would put the Lakers in a better position to compete for a title this year even if they lose Kwame.  Yeah he's a decent low post defender, but his contract is completely insane (where was he on that list of overpaid players and value we had the other day?) and is def replaceable as his offensive skills and his tiny hands are a liability.

But dumping Farmar, I'm not sure about.   

The Lakers FO is still trying to appease Kobe.  If you're mad at this trade you should be mad at him.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2007, 04:48:18 PM »
oh hell no!

fuck this trade!

maybe last year or two years ago , hell yeah. but ..

1. we need a solid big man....getting rid of kwame for  POINT GUARD isn't helping that need, we're just going to put too much pressure on bynum's young weird ass and fuck his shit up

2. we DONT" NEED a point guard really.....especially when we have d fish and farmar and javaras in the shadows, kidd's my second favorite pg of all time but he's got a very short shelf life and we'd be hurting ourselves in the playoffs if we got rid of all of that for just him.... kwame/walton/farmar and fisher starting will contribute more overall than kidd by himself will.

3. this seriously fucks up our future....draft picks are very important in the nba , you only have to fill 5 different positions on the court ...it's not like the nfl where you have damn near 30 and you can still land a hall of famer in round 4. every draft pick is important.  plus farmar and walton IMO are too valuable to the teams future compared to kidds.......we have a better shot of winning more trophies with those two than with the rest of kidd's career in the long run.

4. also we've got the 4th best record in the western conference....we're not going to advance too significantly past that with kidd.  the west is a big body conference.....that's why it's illogical to trade all of those pieces for a point guard....i mean shit look how much allen iverson "improved" the nuggets.lol. if we're going to be shooting for anyone it's gotta be a big body like chandler/dwight howard/boozer/ hell i'd even take zach randolph. SOMEBODY to solidify that center/power position

you dont WANT kidd hes a bum
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2007, 05:26:48 PM »
oh hell no!

fuck this trade!

1. we need a solid big man....getting rid of kwame for  POINT GUARD isn't helping that need, we're just going to put too much pressure on bynum's young weird ass and fuck his shit up

2. we DONT" NEED a point guard really.....especially when we have d fish and farmar and javaras in the shadows, kidd's my second favorite pg of all time but he's got a very short shelf life and we'd be hurting ourselves in the playoffs if we got rid of all of that for just him.... kwame/walton/farmar and fisher starting will contribute more overall than kidd by himself will.

3. this seriously fucks up our future....draft picks are very important in the nba , you only have to fill 5 different positions on the court ...it's not like the nfl where you have damn near 30 and you can still land a hall of famer in round 4. every draft pick is important.  plus farmar and walton IMO are too valuable to the teams future compared to kidds.......we have a better shot of winning more trophies with those two than with the rest of kidd's career in the long run.

4. also we've got the 4th best record in the western conference....we're not going to advance too significantly past that with kidd.  the west is a big body conference.....that's why it's illogical to trade all of those pieces for a point guard....i mean shit look how much allen iverson "improved" the nuggets.lol. if we're going to be shooting for anyone it's gotta be a big body like chandler/dwight howard/boozer/ hell i'd even take zach randolph. SOMEBODY to solidify that center/power position

LOL

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2007, 05:36:20 PM »
oh hell no!

fuck this trade!

LOL

in his prime kidd was the best pg ever, but hes a shell of himself now and is a whiney wife beating baby
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2007, 02:02:03 PM »
oh hell no!

fuck this trade!

LOL

in his prime kidd was the best pg ever, but hes a shell of himself now and is a whiney wife beating baby

Jason Kidd's 2007-08 Statistics: PPG: 11.3; RPG: 8.80; APG: 10.3; SPG: 1.8

Are there any other shell of himselves out there that we can get who put it down like that? Matter of fact....can we find a superstar puttin it down like that?

Lunatic

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2007, 02:20:36 PM »
i can't see farmar ever being more than a really good 3 point shooter, with his good MOMENTS playing the point. Kwame is whatever. Nice defensive option i guess. Walton is a nice role player. ANY deal the nets ask for that doesn't include kobe, bynum or odom, i'd pull the trigger on it.

Not only would it improve the lakers RIGHT NOW, but keep kobe 100% happy.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2007, 03:32:36 PM »

I've had jabs at Kobe in my sigs for months... I won't stop until he a) signs a contract extension or b) gets traded/opts out  :D 
LeBron is having the better season. Not the better career, not the better skillset, not the better team, not the better record, but definitely the better season.

Maybe numbers-wise. Kobe>>>>>All. Any day.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2007, 03:34:12 PM »
Kidd is obviously an upgrade right now and would put the Lakers in a better position to compete for a title this year even if they lose Kwame.  Yeah he's a decent low post defender, but his contract is completely insane (where was he on that list of overpaid players and value we had the other day?) and is def replaceable as his offensive skills and his tiny hands are a liability.

But dumping Farmar, I'm not sure about.   

The Lakers FO is still trying to appease Kobe.  If you're mad at this trade you should be mad at him.

Kwame isn't making THAT much for a primary big. Centers are typically the highest paid role players.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2007, 03:36:17 PM »
i can't see farmar ever being more than a really good 3 point shooter

LOL.

"Farmar, with the steal...Slaaaaam dunk, Lakers win!"

This is only the beginning.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2007, 04:45:36 PM »
oh hell no!

fuck this trade!

LOL

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2007, 05:08:39 PM »
i can't see farmar ever being more than a really good 3 point shooter, with his good MOMENTS playing the point. Kwame is whatever. Nice defensive option i guess. Walton is a nice role player. ANY deal the nets ask for that doesn't include kobe, bynum or odom, i'd pull the trigger on it.

Not only would it improve the lakers RIGHT NOW, but keep kobe 100% happy.

nah, farmar is much more valuable on the playmaking end then he'll ever be as a 3 point shooter lol.

ur rite about the kobe thing tho. if the lakers got kidd and somehow still lost in the first round (which i doubt would happen), i think kobe would still stay no matter wut. unless kidd gets into some career ending freak accident.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2007, 10:06:34 PM »
oh hell no!

fuck this trade!

LOL

Jason Kidd's 2007-08 Statistics: PPG: 11.3; RPG: 8.80; APG: 10.3; SPG: 1.8

Are there any other shell of himselves out there that we can get who put it down like that? Matter of fact....can we find a superstar puttin it down like that?

Kidd is 34 years old man, if you really think he's going to help the Lakers then whatever

but im just telling you if they trade for him they'll regret it in 2 years