Author Topic: Magic Johnson says "Kidd WILL be a Laker"  (Read 496 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Magic Johnson says "Kidd WILL be a Laker"
« on: December 20, 2007, 04:48:34 PM »
The Loose Cannons radio show is known to be a very reliable source when it comes to trade rumors and other news in the Lakers front office. Well, Laker Legend and Vice President of Basketball operations Magic Johnson claimed that the Lakers are very close to pulling a trade that could put Jason Kidd in purple and gold.

Last year the Nets offered Jason Kidd for young Andrew Bynum and the Lakers turned it down. Many questioned if turning down Bynum for an all-star like Kidd would be worth it. This year Bynum has proven that he could be something big in the league. With that said, we all know a Bynum for Kidd is out of the question--so what could the trade be?

I wondered if Kidd is coming to the Lakers and Bynum will not be part of the deal, Jordan Farmar must be in it, the Nets would want a young promising point guard and Jordan Farmar is it.

Kwame Brown must be in it for the salary cap since his 10 million a year expires this year, and perhaps throw in Luke Walton and a draft pick. A team with Kobe, Kidd, Lamar and Bynum can compete with the top tier teams in this league.

http://sports.hollyscoop.com/lakers/magic-says-%E2%80%9Ckidd-will-be-a-laker%E2%80%9D_180.aspx

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Magic Johnson says "Kidd WILL be a Laker"
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 04:52:51 PM »
For the sake of the NBA and my Fantasy Team I hope this is not going to happen
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 04:56:07 PM »
Farmar? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I don't mind losing Kwame for kidd in the long run, but losing Kwame THIS season would screw us badly in this years play-offs. Bynum is improving, but he can't handle large minutes, and more importantly than that, he doesn't have a good defensive game like Kwame does. if we lose kwame, we're gonna need to trade for another defensive big immediately. we have to capitalize off of kidd's presence as soon as we can.

i'll miss luke walton a lot, he was our most improved player last year. but to be frank, kidd is superior in every way imaginable. And another plus side, we'll get to develop ariza a lot more quickly with walton gone.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 05:52:23 PM »
The Loose Cannons radio show is known to be a very reliable source when it comes to trade rumors and other news in the Lakers front office. Well, Laker Legend and Vice President of Basketball operations Magic Johnson claimed that the Lakers are very close to pulling a trade that could put Jason Kidd in purple and gold.

OH, SHIT!! I'M :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:   :o :o :o :o :o

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 06:08:08 PM »
The rumors I heard have us including Farmar in the trade...if so, I wont be so excited to see it go down.

BIG SB

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 06:41:27 PM »
The rumors I heard have us including Farmar in the trade...if so, I wont be so excited to see it go down.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 06:56:00 PM »

kidd>>>farmar...i mean i kno a majority of you are lakers fans, and you got high hopes for farmar, but kidd is hands down the better player...now it says that farmar has to be in the deal, so hes not the only who would go to NJ. who else would be in the deal is the real question here...

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 07:20:06 PM »

hmmmm....

halfway decent backup point guard for a future hall of famer...id take Kidd.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 07:28:38 PM »
^^^besides, would you trust this guy running the point??

"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 07:35:49 PM »
Love Kidd, but danm Kinda seems like we are givin up too much for Kidd in this stage of his years.
if it were 2 years agao, then it's on but...

I'd rather just stay the way it its.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 07:58:45 PM »

kidd>>>farmar...i mean i kno a majority of you are lakers fans, and you got high hopes for farmar, but kidd is hands down the better player...now it says that farmar has to be in the deal, so hes not the only who would go to NJ. who else would be in the deal is the real question here...

Kwame, Luke, and possibly a draft choice...which would make it a horrible deal on our part. Not saying Farmar is currently better than Kidd, but he's on his way to being a very sound point guard in the league and has nice chemistry with Bynum. I'd hate to throw away a good chunk of our future for 3 years of Kidd winding down his prime.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 08:00:18 PM »

hmmmm....

halfway decent backup point guard for a future hall of famer...id take Kidd.

It's not like the deal will be straight up...when Farmar hits his prime, Kidd will be retired. Halfway decent? Farmar is already solid as fuck and he's a sophmore.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 08:04:03 PM »

Kwame, Luke, and possibly a draft choice...which would make it a horrible deal on our part. Not saying Farmar is currently better than Kidd, but he's on his way to being a very sound point guard in the league and has nice chemistry with Bynum. I'd hate to throw away a good chunk of our future for 3 years of Kidd winding down his prime.

LOL kwame, luke, a draft pick, AND FARMAR? ok, well thats a bad trade...i wasnt expecting to hear that lol.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 08:18:21 PM »
Exactly.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 08:33:44 PM »
kidd would have bynum putting up superstar numbers by the end of the year though. look wut kidd did for k-mart. hell, look wut kidd did for sorry ass mikki moore last year lol.