Author Topic: Factoids: the Lakers are FOR REAL this time  (Read 1101 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Factoids: the Lakers are FOR REAL this time
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 02:32:20 AM »
rebounding is one of the key elements of defense though.  our man to man D is questionable at times too.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 10:31:05 AM »
I ain't THAT impressed by our FG% coz our very good passing game and recognition of the mismatchs are getting us high percentage shots ..

That's why you SHOULD be impressed.

wcsoldier

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 10:38:48 AM »
^^^^ that's I wanted to mean .. the way we our offense create easy opportunities is impressive .. if we keep it up  the whole season (and there is still room for improvement) I think we can talk about the title .. season is far from finished though

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 10:51:58 AM »
The ball movement this season is beautiful. And the defense will improve once Phil makes Ariza the starting 3. My only concern is that even though we're playing great, our guys are still young and inexperienced so come playoff time we might end up like the Raptors last year.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 10:58:57 AM »
we  lack playoffs experience against SAS 4 sure .. against others teams it won't matter , plus Fish, Kobe and Phil have a LOT of experience so I ain't worried about that ..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 11:40:28 AM »
The ball movement this season is beautiful. And the defense will improve once Phil makes Ariza the starting 3. My only concern is that even though we're playing great, our guys are still young and inexperienced so come playoff time we might end up like the Raptors last year.

That's why we have Derek Fisher and Kobe Bryant. 2 of the most experienced players in the league when it comes to big playoff games. No more Smush. 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 11:42:59 AM »
Playoff experience:

Kobe=10
Fisher=9
Mihm=4
Vlad=4
Kwame=3
Odom=3
Walton=3

And the entire coaching staff as a ton of playoff experience. So I wouldn't bee too worried.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 11:44:41 AM »
Playoff experience:

Kobe=10
Fisher=9
Mihm=4
Vlad=4
Kwame=3
Odom=3
Walton=3

And the entire coaching staff as a ton of playoff experience. So I wouldn't bee too worried.

Yea...I think these past 2 seasons alone was enough experience for the group. Time to step it up a notch. 8)

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 11:45:00 AM »
^^^^ we just don't defend the last quarter against Memphis , game was over anyways .. our defense has been very solid this year .. one sector I'd like to see some improvements in is controlling the glass a lil better (although we are a very good rebounding team) and reducing the opponents offensive rbs. We just need to play from above-average to good D coz any team not named SAS, Detroit and Boston can't defend against us anyways ..  I ain't THAT impressed by our FG% coz our very good passing game and recognition of the mismatchs are getting us high percentage shots ..

It's just nitpicking over the little things because a win is a win, but that's not a good excuse for them letting Memphis get back into the game the other night. It was only Memphis, so they ended up making a bunch of stupid turnovers to kill their own comeback, but I was watching that and wondering how the Lakers were struggling to put them away. They got it corrected last night though, they handled the Hornets.
I got a bird's eye view

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 11:49:03 AM »
^^^^ we just don't defend the last quarter against Memphis , game was over anyways .. our defense has been very solid this year .. one sector I'd like to see some improvements in is controlling the glass a lil better (although we are a very good rebounding team) and reducing the opponents offensive rbs. We just need to play from above-average to good D coz any team not named SAS, Detroit and Boston can't defend against us anyways ..  I ain't THAT impressed by our FG% coz our very good passing game and recognition of the mismatchs are getting us high percentage shots ..

It's just nitpicking over the little things because a win is a win, but that's not a good excuse for them letting Memphis get back into the game the other night. It was only Memphis, so they ended up making a bunch of stupid turnovers to kill their own comeback, but I was watching that and wondering how the Lakers were struggling to put them away. They got it corrected last night though, they handled the Hornets.

Are you kidding me? We beat Memphis by 16 points AT MEMPHIS...That's not enough by Laker standards nowadays? I understand. After all, we have been blowing teams out by 20+ points...I guess expectations have highly increased for us.

wcsoldier

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2008, 11:53:02 AM »
Playoff experience:

Kobe=10
Fisher=9
Mihm=4
Vlad=4
Kwame=3
Odom=3
Walton=3

Yea...I think these past 2 seasons alone was enough experience for the group. Time to step it up a notch. 8)
I think Baby G meant "long run in the playoffs" experience ... the experience you acquire by going deep in the playoffs are way useful than the one you would acquire by being 1st round exit each season

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 11:55:22 AM »
Playoff experience:

Kobe=10
Fisher=9
Mihm=4
Vlad=4
Kwame=3
Odom=3
Walton=3

I think Baby G meant "long run in the playoffs" experience ... the experience you acquire by going deep in the playoffs are way useful than the one you would acquire by being 1st round exit each season

That's why I mentioned Fisher and Kobe...and the experience of losing helps motivate. I think we're fine experience-wise this season.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2008, 11:57:08 AM »
^^I was contesting how he said the game was over anyways. I also said it was little things that ultimately did not matter and got corrected, but for a while the Lakers let Memphis back in the game in the 4th, because they got lazy. When you are a so-called "elite" team, you should worry about things like that. Last night, against New Orleans, they didn't do the same thing and kept the pressure on. Much more impressive win against a good opponent.
I got a bird's eye view

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2008, 12:03:35 PM »
^^I was contesting how he said the game was over anyways. I also said it was little things that ultimately did not matter and got corrected, but for a while the Lakers let Memphis back in the game in the 4th, because they got lazy. When you are a so-called "elite" team, you should worry about things like that. Last night, against New Orleans, they didn't do the same thing and kept the pressure on. Much more impressive win against a good opponent.

You're right...we stopped executing the offense. But when we wanted to, we went right back up at will.

wcsoldier

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2008, 12:06:07 PM »
thing is with such 20-30 points lead you can't stay focus and play hard at 100% all the time ... this is human to relax on 2 or 3 possessions