Author Topic: Factoids: the Lakers are FOR REAL this time  (Read 1102 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Factoids: the Lakers are FOR REAL this time
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2008, 12:10:34 PM »
Playoff experience:

Kobe=10
Fisher=9
Mihm=4
Vlad=4
Kwame=3
Odom=3
Walton=3

And the entire coaching staff as a ton of playoff experience. So I wouldn't bee too worried.

Yea...I think these past 2 seasons alone was enough experience for the group. Time to step it up a notch. 8)
I think Baby G meant "long run in the playoffs" experience ... the experience you acquire by going deep in the playoffs are way useful than the one you would acquire by being 1st round exit each season
Well the bar is set pretty low: Get past the first round. So deep playoff run experience isn't that neccesary.

wcsoldier

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2008, 12:16:42 PM »
^^^^^ if we keep playing like that , I have others hopes that just being in the 2nd round

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2008, 12:17:23 PM »
thing is with such 20-30 points lead you can't stay focus and play hard at 100% all the time ... this is human to relax on 2 or 3 possessions
That's somewhat true, but you need that killer instinct to put a team away or else they can hurt you. On the original topic, the Lakers are for real, they have a lot of depth, and everyone knows their role on the team.
I got a bird's eye view

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2008, 12:19:28 PM »
Playoff experience:

Kobe=10
Fisher=9
Mihm=4
Vlad=4
Kwame=3
Odom=3
Walton=3

And the entire coaching staff as a ton of playoff experience. So I wouldn't bee too worried.

Yea...I think these past 2 seasons alone was enough experience for the group. Time to step it up a notch. 8)
I think Baby G meant "long run in the playoffs" experience ... the experience you acquire by going deep in the playoffs are way useful than the one you would acquire by being 1st round exit each season
Well the bar is set pretty low: Get past the first round. So deep playoff run experience isn't that neccesary.

I think our bar is set a little higher than that this season...LOL.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2008, 12:50:59 PM »
The ball movement this season is beautiful. And the defense will improve once Phil makes Ariza the starting 3. My only concern is that even though we're playing great, our guys are still young and inexperienced so come playoff time we might end up like the Raptors last year.

That's why we have Derek Fisher and Kobe Bryant. 2 of the most experienced players in the league when it comes to big playoff games. No more Smush. 8)

You know just how to make me smile  ;D
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 12:56:22 PM »
The ball movement this season is beautiful. And the defense will improve once Phil makes Ariza the starting 3. My only concern is that even though we're playing great, our guys are still young and inexperienced so come playoff time we might end up like the Raptors last year.

That's why we have Derek Fisher and Kobe Bryant. 2 of the most experienced players in the league when it comes to big playoff games. No more Smush. 8)

Yall hate on Smush too much. He signed with the Lakers expecting to be the 3rd string PG. He ened up being the only Laker to play all 82 games. And he did it in both seasons (AND started in all but 2 of them).

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 01:08:12 PM »

Yall hate on Smush too much. He signed with the Lakers expecting to be the 3rd string PG. He ened up being the only Laker to play all 82 games. And he did it in both seasons (AND started in all but 2 of them).

I don't hate on him...He was actually talented. He was just placed in the wrong position. Shoulda' been a combo guard off the bench.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2008, 01:16:06 PM »

The guy fuckin sucked. He couldn't handle the ball, he was inconsistent as all hell, he would only play defense when it led to him getting a steal and a fast break dunk, and he was a crybaby. I would've preferred Sasha as the starter.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2008, 01:18:58 PM »

The guy fuckin sucked. He couldn't handle the ball, he was inconsistent as all hell, he would only play defense when it led to him getting a steal and a fast break dunk, and he was a crybaby. I would've preferred Sasha as the starter.
Again: He was expected to be the 3rd string PG for the Lakers. He ended starting all but 2 games in 2 seasons.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2008, 01:23:03 PM »
Getting past the 1st round is not that low of a bar, considering you will either have to play a great reg season or beat a top team. I think the Lakers would go to the Con Finals if they would make it past the 1st round. Unless they catch a high seed and play a mediocore team in the 1st round, which I doubt.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2008, 02:31:22 PM »
speaking of fisher. it'll be good to have him on the team because it provides the team with another leader, fisher is a cool ass dude with a voice,  and i think players like bynum , kwame, will and have been receptive to him. it's kind of like rick fox from the three peat era, you had shaq and kobe but then you had cool  fox at captain as well, bringing it all home.

we're playing great now but we CAN"T get comfortable with the way we're playing , i see A LOT of room for improvement and we need to keep this momentum going 00'-01 status.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2008, 02:34:42 PM »
Getting past the 1st round is not that low of a bar, considering you will either have to play a great reg season or beat a top team. I think the Lakers would go to the Con Finals if they would make it past the 1st round. Unless they catch a high seed and play a mediocore team in the 1st round, which I doubt.
It's too early to say. I can see the Lakers going deep in the playoffs, but the verdict is still out on them. The West is too crowded with good teams right now to make a call.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2008, 03:00:52 PM »
has anyone else notice how we have gotton away a little from the triangle offense or is it suppose to be run like that?I thing is for sure we have another clutch player in our team and his name is Derek Fisher. ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2008, 11:47:01 AM »
has anyone else notice how we have gotton away a little from the triangle offense or is it suppose to be run like that?I thing is for sure we have another clutch player in our team and his name is Derek Fisher. ;D

Phil always makes adjustments to the triangle, but it's still the same principle...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2014, 07:55:55 PM »
^^Save that talk for the playoffs, kid.

that talk still stood.   :laugh: