Author Topic: Factoids: the Lakers are FOR REAL this time  (Read 1103 times)

GangstaBoogy

Factoids: the Lakers are FOR REAL this time
« on: January 09, 2008, 12:51:56 PM »
- The Lakers are on pace to win 55 games

- The Lakers should go into Phoenix on Jan. 17 with a 25-12, or 26-11 record... that would put them on pace to win about 57 games.

- The Lakers margin of victory is +6.1... tied for best in the West.

- The Lakers are 8th in the league in points per 100 possessions (the number that really matters)

- The Lakers are 4th in the NBA in opponent field goal percentage

- The Lakers are 3rd in the league in assists per game

- The Lakers are No. 5 in steals per game

- Bynum is tied for 11th in the NBA with 17 double doubles

- Bynum is 9th in the league in blocks per game

- Bynum is 14th in the league in rebounding (6th in rebounding per 48 minutes)

KEY WINNING STATS
Through 32 games this season, the Lakers have gone 18-3 when posting more (or equal) assists than their opponent while going 3-8 in games where the opposite is true. In addition, the Lakers are 15-3 when five or more players score in double-figures (7-0 with all five starters in double-figures and 11-0 with six or more players in double figures). Finally, when holding opponents under 100 points, the Lakers are 14-2 to date.

DOUBLE-DOUBLES FOR EVERYONE
In the Lakers 107-93 victory over Minnesota November 9, Andrew Bynum (10 points, 10 rebounds), Chris Mihm (10 points, 10 rebounds) and Lamar Odom (18 points, 10 rebounds) each posted double-doubles while Derek Fisher fell one assist shy (11 points, 9 assists). The game marked the first time since 3/27/05 vs. Philadelphia that three Lakers had all posted double-doubles in the same contest. In that game, Kobe Bryant (34 points, 10 rebounds), Caron Butler (13 points, 10 rebounds) and Mihm (17 points, 11 rebounds) all recorded double-doubles. Additionally, it was the first time since 1/7/06 that three Lakers had posted double-figure rebounds in the same game.

THE MORE AT 20 POINTS-10 REBOUNDS, THE MERRIER
In the Lakers 106-101 victory over Philadelphia 12/21, Andrew Bynum (24 points, 11 rebounds) and Lamar Odom (21 points, 11 rebounds) each posted 20-point / 10- rebound games. The game marked the first time since March 2, 2004 at Atlanta that the Lakers had two players record 20+ points and 10+ rebounds in the same game (Shaquille O’Neal: 23 points, 14 rebounds and Gary Payton: 23 points, 10 rebounds).
Be nice to have two players average a double double this for the season...

DOUBLE-DOUBLE THREAT
Entering the season with 10 career double-doubles, Andrew Bynum equaled that total just 20 games into the 2007-08 season with 20 points, 11 rebounds and five blocked shots in 28 minutes 12/9 vs. Golden State. Through 32 games this season, Bynum is averaging 12.8 points and 10.1 rebounds and has posted 17 double-doubles this season. Among NBA leaders, Bynum currently ranks 11th in double-doubles. Among the 12 players in the top 11 who have posted 17-plus double-doubles this season, Bynum is doing so in the fewest minutes (28.8), with the next closest player being Cleveland’s Zydrunas Ilgauskas at 31.2 minutes per game.

BYNUM 7th YOUNGEST TO 1,000 CAREER POINTS
With 24 points 12/21 at Philadelphia, Andrew Bynum recorded is 1,000th career point, becoming the 7th youngest player to reach that milestone (20 years, 55 days). LeBron James (19 years, 41 days) and Kobe Bryant (19 years, 127 days) top the list, followed by Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard, Josh Smith and Stephon Marbury.

GREAT EIGHT
In the Lakers 134-114 victory over the Indiana Pacers November 20, eight Lakers scored in double-figures for the first time since the 2003-04 season. Kobe Bryant (32), Jordan Farmar (18), Andrew Bynum (17), Sasha Vujacic (12), Vladimir Radmanovic (11), Derek Fisher (11), Luke Walton (11) and Lamar Odom (10) each recorded 10- plus scoring nights. The last time a Lakers team had eight players finish in double-figures was back on November 26, 2003 in a 120-99 victory over the Washington Wizards at STAPLES Center when Bryant (22), Devean George (18), Fisher (14), Kareem Rush (14), Karl Malone (13), Slava Medvedenko (11), Gary Payton (10) and Bryon Russell (10) all recorded double-digit scoring nights.

CALLING IN THE RESERVES
In the Lakers 106-78 victory 11/18 vs. Chicago, the Lakers reserves combined for 73 points, the highest single-game total for a Los Angeles bench since the Lakers reserves scored 84 points in a 136-100 victory 4/24/88 vs. Golden State. In addition, with Andrew Bynum (14 points), Jordan Farmar (14 points), Vladimir Radmanovic (11 points), Chris Mihm (11 points) and Luke Walton (10 points) each scoring in double figures, the Lakers had five reserves score in double figures for the first time since a 133-106 victory 3/9/85 vs. Cleveland. Earlier in the month, the Lakers reserves combined for 67 points on 25-of-37 shooting (.676) in a 119-98 victory 11/2/07 at Phoenix.

THE COMEBACK KIDS
In the Lakers 127-99 victory 11/29/07 vs. Denver, the Lakers overcame a 17-point deficit, their largest deficit overcome for a victory since 12/15/06 vs. Houston. In that game, the Lakers overcame a 21-point deficit to defeat the Rockets 112-101 at STAPLES Center. Furthermore, in the Lakers victory over Denver, the Lakers scored 46 points in the fourth quarter for the first time since scoring 46 points in the fourth quarter 12/17/06 vs. Washington, in a 141-147 overtime loss at STAPLES Center.
The team is slowing learning how to win these games...

40-POINT GAMES
On opening night, Kobe Bryant scored 45 points (86th career 40-point game), including a career-high 27 free throw attempts (the most attempts ever by a player on opening night). In the history of the NBA, only three players have more career 40-point games: Wilt Chamberlain (271), Michael Jordan (173) and Elgin Baylor (88).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Factoids: the Lakers are FOR REAL this time
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 12:57:09 PM »
- Bynum is tied for 11th in the NBA with 17 double doubles

- Bynum is 9th in the league in blocks per game

- Bynum is 14th in the league in rebounding (6th in rebounding per 48 minutes)
And he's 2nd in the league in FG% 8)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 01:03:28 PM »
awesome, we just need to win those playoff games and we'll be cool.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 01:05:23 PM »
they also got swept by the C's this year  8)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 02:45:53 PM »
^^Save that talk for the playoffs, kid.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 05:20:50 PM »
Oh yeah, guess who's number 2 in the MVP race?

http://www.nba.com/features/player_rankings.html

If KG is #1 and Paul Pierce is #5 then they should cancel each other out.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 05:30:46 PM »

who gives a crap about the MVP race?  it's about the NBA finals race.

and KG should win the MVP as long as the Celticis are a 1 seed

by the way, i love how you say "oh yeah, well even though your player is #1 in the race, my guy is #2! take that!"
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 05:36:54 PM »
^It's amazing, considering Kobe hasn't even gone off yet.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 05:40:13 PM »
you say that like Kobe isn't trying  ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 06:11:34 PM »
you say that like Kobe isn't trying  ::)

Of course he's not. he can score 50 at will if he wants.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 06:46:15 PM »

by the way, i love how you say "oh yeah, well even though your player is #1 in the race, my guy is #2! take that!"

KG has 2 other All-Stars on his team. Kobe has a group of young talent. There's a huge difference. And lets not forget who's playing in the JV league....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/standings

The #8 team in the East is 13.5 games behind first place.

The #8 team in the West is 4.5 games behind first place.

No other team in the Atlantic division is over .500.

2 teams in the Pacific division already have 20 or more wins.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 06:49:25 PM »

KG has 2 other All-Stars on his team. Kobe has a group of young talent. There's a huge difference. And lets not forget who's playing in the JV league....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/standings

The #8 team in the East is 13.5 games behind first place.

The #8 team in the West is 4.5 games behind first place.

No other team in the Atlantic division is over .500.

2 teams in the Pacific division already have 20 or more wins.

thats cuz we beat em all down

the only team in the NBA that can beat us is these damn Bobcats.  hopefully they miss the playoffs tho

by the way Lakers are 8-6 against the east

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 07:42:01 PM »
Yeah I think the Lakers are in position to knock of PHX this year.  I'm not sure about anything past that, but they are shaping into a really nice team.  Bynum is going to be a huge problem for anyone (already is in some instances).

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 01:09:14 AM »
yea bynum is rapidlly becoming my new favorite player. the key to beating us is DEFENSE. i know we beat NOH and kept them in check at 80 points while we cruised to triple digits, however we CAN NOT do what we did last night by allowing teams like memphis to reach those tirple digits with us.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

wcsoldier

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 01:32:38 AM »
^^^^ we just don't defend the last quarter against Memphis , game was over anyways .. our defense has been very solid this year .. one sector I'd like to see some improvements in is controlling the glass a lil better (although we are a very good rebounding team) and reducing the opponents offensive rbs. We just need to play from above-average to good D coz any team not named SAS, Detroit and Boston can't defend against us anyways ..  I ain't THAT impressed by our FG% coz our very good passing game and recognition of the mismatchs are getting us high percentage shots ..