Author Topic: Man I miss record stores  (Read 406 times)

Al Bundy

Re: Man I miss record stores
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2008, 08:15:41 PM »
it's fun shopping for records and talking to cats inside of the store like yo what do you think of such and such record?

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2008, 08:18:08 PM »
I went from going to a record store 2-3 times a week to going maybe twice a year.

I still go, I just don't buy anything.  But I will purposely go bug out over something I think someone should buy, trying to influence them.

Money

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »
i try to buy cds once a month every month. sometimes it doesnt work out like that. theres an indipendent record store in the mall by my house. they got a cute lightskinned girl there as a clerk.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2008, 09:03:59 PM »
Rasputin's is a mini chain in the Bay Area, and they still have a pretty cool underground feel to it. They have a lot of local artists' albums and in-store appearances. I also used to go to Underdog Records in Pittsburg, and Rock Bottom in Antioch was pretty cool, but a lot of it depends on who is working there. The problem is, if the workers aren't really going to give a shit, why not go to Best Buy where they have all types of entertainment stuff and usually have better practices? The owner at Rock Bottom was willing to let you listen to a CD before you bought it, and he knew what was up with all the new releases and local artists, and that led to discussions and information that you couldn't get at a big retailer. Now, it's a lot harder because you can find all these albums on the internet, and everyone loves the convenience of the big stores. I used to stop by all the time when I was in high school, and even when I got out and would work doing deliveries for a paint company, I would drop in sometimes and see what was up.
I got a bird's eye view

D~Nice

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2008, 09:30:41 PM »
word. even now i still try to keep from listening to anything except maybe the singles of albums that are gonna be dope/big.

yea, everything sounds mad old, mad fast.

I have been pretty good about doing that the last 2 years. It was cool to be in record stores during the whole 50/Kanye buzz.

word? how was it? i havent been to a record store in a MINUTE.

Just seeing the banners up and them running promos for it was cool to see. When I worked for Wherehouse it was always like that. I remember when 2001 came out. It was madness in there.

wonder what it'll be like when detox drops. will it be OD downloaded? bought in stores? would love to see dre go platnium plus, but in todays world...i dont know if thats possible. :-\

People will buy it. It won't be like 2001 but it will sell.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2008, 03:07:56 PM »
word. even now i still try to keep from listening to anything except maybe the singles of albums that are gonna be dope/big.

yea, everything sounds mad old, mad fast.

I have been pretty good about doing that the last 2 years. It was cool to be in record stores during the whole 50/Kanye buzz.

word? how was it? i havent been to a record store in a MINUTE.

Just seeing the banners up and them running promos for it was cool to see. When I worked for Wherehouse it was always like that. I remember when 2001 came out. It was madness in there.

wonder what it'll be like when detox drops. will it be OD downloaded? bought in stores? would love to see dre go platnium plus, but in todays world...i dont know if thats possible. :-\

People will buy it. It won't be like 2001 but it will sell.

hope so homie.