Author Topic: Pat Riley says Shaquille O'Neal deserves an All-Star role  (Read 353 times)

blue crew

• 'G'
Re: Pat Riley says Shaquille O'Neal deserves an All-Star role
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 04:39:38 PM »
hahaha,  you obviously dont know what this whole convo is about. its about the nba bending rules for living legends in the past for the all star game, and how a gang of nba people are saying shaq deserves that same love. nobody is talkin about snubs right now or takin other niccas spots. baron davis dont got shiet to do with this. im done with you muthafuccas, cuz yall clearly dont know what you guys talkin about.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 04:43:34 PM »
hahaha,  you obviously dont know what this whole convo is about. its about the nba bending rules for living legends in the past for the all star game, and how a gang of nba people are saying shaq deserves that same love. nobody is talkin about snubs right now or takin other niccas spots. baron davis dont got shiet to do with this. im done with you muthafuccas, cuz yall clearly dont know what you guys talkin about.
i know exactly what you mean homie,i just think its lame. its takes away from the game. why shaq? hes still playin its not like hes a HOFr yet. hes slippin and didnt make the cut,bottom line.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 05:33:54 PM »
hahahah you guys are showin that you all lil 20 year old kids who only know about the last 8 years of the nba. talkin all this shiet about the all star has nothing to do with the past, or lifetime acheivements and it should only go to current all star type players. u dumb muthafucas must not remember how magic johnson was let play in the all star game when he didnt even PLAY that year. if any of u kids wouldnt have been in diapers you woulda remembered that they even LET him win the game and didnt play the final minute after he hit the game winner. it was more about the legacy of the player and showing respect to a living legend, which shaq is. aside from jerry west and karl malone he the only other nicca to get to 14 straight all star games. i swear yall lil kids dont know nothin. shaq is a STAPLE of the all star game for the last 14 years and aint nothin wrong with riley sticcin up for him, shiet a gang of nba vets and commentators are doing the same.

u lakers groupies are crazy.

Is it me, or is this guy the worst poster in sports section history? LOL. Seriously, now, shut the fuck up. You're making no sense. Magic was voted in cuz he was still on the ballot, which was compiled before he announced his retirement. He wasn't picked as a reserve...If you really think Shaq deserved to be a reserve in this years all-star game, then you need to slap yourself in the back of the fuckin head as hard as you can, buddy...PeACe

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 05:50:54 PM »
Shaq should be There..
He Was one Game Away from Breaking The Consecutive Games Record.  :-\

Fuck that, He Deserves That spot on Name alone.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 05:54:44 PM »
Shaq should be There..
He Was one Game Away from Breaking The Consecutive Games Record.  :-\

Fuck that, He Deserves That spot on Name alone.
if i was him, i would want to earn it not because of nostalgia

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 05:59:15 PM »
i know exactly what you mean homie,i just think its lame. its takes away from the game. why shaq? hes still playin its not like hes a HOFr yet. hes slippin and didnt make the cut,bottom line.

don't pay attention to this muthafuccin nicca anymore...all he does is run around this section and make douche-bag comments attaccing people (Laker fans in particular). how does it make any fuccing sense that Shaq makes the game just because he's Shaq?...seriously...he's not even a top 3 center of all time. LOL. you might as well let Ray Allen make it, who is not only a future hall of famer, but is actually deserving of the spot...hell, lets get Mutombo in there. ::)

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 08:15:11 PM »
hahaha this jew just compared dikembe mutombo and ray allen to SHAQ.  :o wow, first you thought pau gasol and the grizzlies played in the eastern conference and that gasol should start for the east  ::), and now this. you should sticc to searchin youtube for vids of your man crushes and not try to talk about the nba, since u dont know jacc shiet about it.

learn what teams are in what conference before you talk shiet lil jew.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2008, 01:15:11 AM »
^^I never thought the Grizzlies played in the east, dumbfucc.

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=102384.msg1060990#msg1060990

Come up with some better replies next time, little boy.

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2008, 02:02:53 AM »
wtf you post some shit to a thread from 2006 for? nobody gives a fuc about whatever that thread says.

anyways your dumb jew ass did think the grizzlies played out east cuz u said that gasol should be reserve center for the eastern conference all stars like 2 weeks ago. meaning you went thru all your piccs for reserves and actually thought gasol and the grizzlies were out east hahaha you straight thought of nothing but east players like pierce, bosh, billups, carter and then you said GASOL hahaha. aww man your nba knowledge sucs. i made you look like an idiot and then you edited it after. you look like a succa once again, stic your nose in the oven in shame.

What it should be:

West-
PG: Deron Williams
SG: Brandon Roy
SF: Dirk Nowitzki
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Chris Kaman

Wild card=Chris Paul & Baron Davis

East-
PG: Chauncey Billups
SG: Vince Carter
SF: Paul Pierce
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Pau Gasol

Wild card=Josh Smith & Andre Iguodala

since when the fuc do the grizzlies and pau gasol play in the eastern conference? damn some of u niccas dont know shiet about the nba.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2008, 03:51:09 AM »
hahahah you guys are showin that you all lil 20 year old kids who only know about the last 8 years of the nba. talkin all this shiet about the all star has nothing to do with the past, or lifetime acheivements and it should only go to current all star type players. u dumb muthafucas must not remember how magic johnson was let play in the all star game when he didnt even PLAY that year. if any of u kids wouldnt have been in diapers you woulda remembered that they even LET him win the game and didnt play the final minute after he hit the game winner. it was more about the legacy of the player and showing respect to a living legend, which shaq is. aside from jerry west and karl malone he the only other nicca to get to 14 straight all star games. i swear yall lil kids dont know nothin. shaq is a STAPLE of the all star game for the last 14 years and aint nothin wrong with riley sticcin up for him, shiet a gang of nba vets and commentators are doing the same.

u lakers groupies are crazy.

Even tho i agree that to compare Odom to Shaq is wrong, well.. to compare Magic and his situation in 1992 to Shaq's situation in 2008 is RETARDED, man! Stop it.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 04:43:56 AM »
Its funny how you guys react and just trash him.

Riley is just doing what any smart coach gm woudl do, protecting his player

no, he's being unreasonable. phil jackson would not say lamar deserves and all star role even though he's put up better numbers than shaq. so we're just trashing him cause he's being a douche.

get the fuck outta here comparing fucking Lamar Odom and Shaq.  Riley's stance obviously isn't based on actual performance (Shaq done fell off), he's saying that considering what Shaq has meant to the league over the last 16 seasons that he has earned the right to a final All-Star selection.

The All-Star game and voting are a fucking joke anyway, so I say Shaq should get to go and have a farewell game.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2008, 12:15:42 PM »
^Shaq's contract is up in 2010. Should he make the all-star team every year until he retires? ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2008, 12:20:03 PM »
wtf you post some shit to a thread from 2006 for? nobody gives a fuc about whatever that thread says.

anyways your dumb jew ass did think the grizzlies played out east cuz u said that gasol should be reserve center for the eastern conference all stars like 2 weeks ago. meaning you went thru all your piccs for reserves and actually thought gasol and the grizzlies were out east hahaha you straight thought of nothing but east players like pierce, bosh, billups, carter and then you said GASOL hahaha. aww man your nba knowledge sucs. i made you look like an idiot and then you edited it after. you look like a succa once again, stic your nose in the oven in shame.

What it should be:

West-
PG: Deron Williams
SG: Brandon Roy
SF: Dirk Nowitzki
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Chris Kaman

Wild card=Chris Paul & Baron Davis

East-
PG: Chauncey Billups
SG: Vince Carter
SF: Paul Pierce
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Pau Gasol

Wild card=Josh Smith & Andre Iguodala

since when the fuc do the grizzlies and pau gasol play in the eastern conference? damn some of u niccas dont know shiet about the nba.

Moron, I was tired and faded when I typed up the faulty list...Obviously, I knew the Grizzlies played in the west. I've been watching basketball since I was born, nicca... and just a couple years back, Memphis was a western conference playoff team. Which is why I linked you to a thread from 2 years ago, where I listed Gasol as a western conference all-star.

West:
PG Steve Nash...Tony Parker
SG Kobe Bryant...Ray Allen
SF Tracy McGrady...Shawn Marion
PF Tim Duncan...Elton Brand/Kevin Garnett
C Yao Ming...Pau Gasol/Dirk Nowitzki

East:
PG Allen Iverson...Chauncey Billups/Gilbert Arenas
SG Dwyane Wade...Vince Carter/Richard Hamilton
SF LeBron James...Paul Pierce
PF Rasheed Wallace...Chris Bosh
C Shaquille O'Neal...Ben Wallace

Now think of a better argument for why Shaq should make this years all-star squad, dumb muthafucca.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Riley says Shaq deserves All-Star role -- but the Heat center disagrees
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2008, 03:18:58 PM »
Riley says Shaq deserves All-Star role -- but the Heat center disagrees
By TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer
February 1, 2008

MIAMI (AP) -- Hours after Miami Heat coach Pat Riley said he still believes Shaquille O'Neal deserves an All-Star game role, a differing opinion was heard.

It was from O'Neal himself.

"As the general of this squad, I wouldn't deserve to be an All-Star," O'Neal said Friday evening. "And if they gave me the spot, I wouldn't take it, because I don't want to be given anything."

So with that, O'Neal's record-tying streak of 14 consecutive All-Star selections ends.

He wasn't voted by fans as an Eastern Conference starter last week, and when the coaches' votes for reserves for the Feb. 17 game were released Thursday, O'Neal wasn't on that list either.

Still, Riley didn't sound so willing to abandon the O'Neal All-Star quest earlier Friday, when he said his center merited a role in New Orleans and that commissioner David Stern should have the option of adding someone to the roster when the situation is warranted.

"I really think that the 12 most deserving players should get it. I do," Riley said. "The most deserving should get it and I think the commissioner should always have the right, for somebody who has done so much for the league, for whatever reason, to add a 13th guy to come and be part of the whole thing."

O'Neal was flattered. But his mind is made up.

"I appreciate my coach for sticking up for me, but I don't want to be handed anything," said O'Neal, whose run of 14 straight selections matched Jerry West and Karl Malone as the most in NBA history.

O'Neal is still headed to New Orleans.

The former LSU center, who championed a number of charity efforts after the Hurricane Katrina disaster, is expected to host at least two parties and appear at several other events.

"He's going to be part of the All-Star festivities specifically to raise money," Riley said. "So I would think the NBA should give him a role. A role. Just like they bring a lot of veteran players in that have retired, they're always around, I think he should have a major role in something."

O'Neal is averaging 14.2 points this season, a career low, and is currently sidelined by injuries to his hip and thigh.

"When I get healthy, I'll be back," O'Neal said. "Right now, I'm just concentrating on being 1,000 percent. I haven't been 1,000 percent in four or five years. I've been given orders to get 1,000 percent healthy."

Orlando's Dwight Howard won by a wide margin in the fan balloting for the East's starting center, and O'Neal believes fans made the right choice.

"Congratulations to Dwight Howard and congratulations to all the other guys that they voted in, put in," O'Neal said. "But I'm having troubles, and it wouldn't be fair to my teammates for me to try to get ready to play in the All-Star game if I did get in."

In the coaches' poll for the reserve spots, there was no true backup center selected.

Toronto's Chris Bosh, a forward, likely will wind up being the de facto backup center in the game that usually becomes a freewheeling offensive showcase anyway.

"It could have went a lot of different ways," said Heat guard Dwyane Wade, who was voted in as a starter by the fans. "I was actually surprised there were no centers selected at all, more so than Shaq not being selected."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhIDY8n.W0hbj9HDGYbk03eC0bYF?slug=ap-heat-oneal&prov=ap&type=lgns

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2008, 04:18:33 PM »
^Shaq's contract is up in 2010. Should he make the all-star team every year until he retires? ::)

No, and that's not what I said.  I think Shaq has earned the right to a farewell All-Star game.  Going forward, if he's not voted in he shouldn't be on the team, but I think his career and status warrents a good sendoff.  I'd say the same thing for pretty much any other SUPERSTAR if they were in a similar situation.