Author Topic: George Lucas brings new "Star Wars" to theaters  (Read 1511 times)

Blu Lacez

George Lucas brings new "Star Wars" to theaters
« on: February 16, 2008, 07:47:59 AM »
George Lucas brings new "Star Wars" to theaters
Tuesday February 12 3:56 PM ET

He said "Revenge of the Sith" would be his final "Star Wars" film, but creator George Lucas is taking another shot at silver screens with the animated "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" in movie theaters in August.

Lucasfilm Ltd. and the Warner Bros. film studio said on Tuesday they would release the movie on August 15, ahead of the fall debut of an animated TV series of the same name on cable television's Cartoon Network and TNT.

"I felt there were a lot more 'Star Wars' stories left to tell," Lucas said in a statement. "I was eager to start telling some of them through animation and, at the same time, push the art of animation forward."

ADVERTISEMENT

The six-film "Star Wars" series is one of Hollywood's most lucrative franchises. It started with the initial "Star Wars" in 1977 and ended with 2005's "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith."

At the time of "Sith," Lucas said he would not make another "Star Wars" movie, but has said he was in development on the animated TV show. In fact, Lucas told Reuters he thought he might go back to making artistic films, although he never said exactly what he had on his mind.

The "Star Wars" movies tell about battles for intergalactic superiority in space, and "Clone Wars" promises more of the same stories -- only in animation. Key characters such as Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala will be joined by new heroes like Anakin's padawan learner, Ahsoka.

Lucasfilm said each episode on TV would be like a 30-minute "mini-movie" with Jedi Knights battling villains such as Count Dooku and General Grievous.

Also on Tuesday, Lucas' company began showing "web-only documentaries" telling of the development of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" on the Web site starwars.com.

(Editing by Dan Whitcomb and Eric Beech)

Might be Dope..what you guys think??

The Watcher

Re: George Lucas brings new "Star Wars" to theaters
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 03:26:11 PM »
the clone wars animated series is eh.. if its the ones he released previously

i would rather he turned starwars into a proper tv show with live actors
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

bez

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 07:14:12 AM »
George, let Star Wars go, please!!!

lawz2760

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 08:49:07 AM »
Thanks for the news, Im deffinetly looking forward to the movie and the series.  As long as George Lucas is involved it should be good
Do you need a credit card for internet orders? Check this out for Low Interest Credit Cards and great card offers, check out my site.

http://lawz2760.newcreditapplications.com/

Soul Sanatorium

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 02:47:08 PM »
Great news

lawz2760

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 11:24:10 PM »
It means that he has part of the final say if it is good or not and he is putting his own money into creating this
Do you need a credit card for internet orders? Check this out for Low Interest Credit Cards and great card offers, check out my site.

http://lawz2760.newcreditapplications.com/

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 05:11:40 AM »
I wish he would get a little ambition and do something new.  I.E., not star wars.  The mind that created the greatest fantasy story of the 20th century, that created that entire universe is content to live inside it.

I wish he were a little more like Stephen King.  King has created 100 worlds like that in his own mind. 

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 09:10:11 AM »
this will only be cool if they eventually go in to Vader's story....
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 09:19:31 AM »
yeah.. all the shit that goes down from his turn to the dark side up to New Hope...
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

yukmouth23

• 'G'
  • Hip Hop will never die
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 10:36:39 PM »
let the hyping begin

Money

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 10:15:37 PM »
The "Star Wars" movies tell about battles for intergalactic superiority in space, and "Clone Wars" promises more of the same stories -- only in animation. Key characters such as Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala will be joined by new heroes like Anakin's padawan learner, Ahsoka.
anakin was never a jedi master, so how can he have a padawan?

J Bananas

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 03:45:30 PM »
can't they just let the legacy stand untainted? it can only get more watered down imo

Money

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 03:58:38 PM »
anakin was never a jedi master, so how can he have a padawan?

Anakin becomes a Jedi in Clone Wars season 2,but season 2 goes right into the Revenge Of The Sith movie.
So when is this movie meant to take place?  :P
a jedi knight yes, but not a jedi master.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 08:59:34 AM »
This could end up right or wrong, either way. If he pens up a good story then I'm all for it.

I would've hoped to see a different period though - between episodes 3 and 4. Have Vader kicking ass, the rebels stealing the Death Star plans, shit like that.

The trailer looks cool though, so I'm keeping a positive outlook for this.

Lazar

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 11:15:08 AM »
Serious, that shit looks so whack. Lucas should let it go