Author Topic: DUBCNN: Must-Read Interview With Bishop Lamont [Part 1] YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED  (Read 1348 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
there's just no basis for anyone to say that.  no one here works for the record label or has any connection to dre, so why say that?

even DJ Khalil in that video about Reason software says that Detox will 'probably come out next year', thats why i dont think it will come out in 08, maybe Dre's tryna make Bishops The Reformation detox part 2 ???

Definition of probably (adverb)
almost certainly; very likely; apparently; in all likelihood

i think that's the best answer he can give; cause if he used the word definately, he would have excluded the possibility of detox not coming out this year.

i suggest you (re-)read the Dawaun parker interview ( part 3 talks a bit about detox and the release date)

by the way, i'm not saying you should have faith in a 2008 release date; it's just that i think you used a bad example to back up your statement.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 08:15:21 AM by Dre-Day - Sniper of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
there's just no basis for anyone to say that.  no one here works for the record label or has any connection to dre, so why say that?

even DJ Khalil in that video about Reason software says that Detox will 'probably come out next year', thats why i dont think it will come out in 08, maybe Dre's tryna make Bishops The Reformation detox part 2 ???

i think that's the best answer he can give; cause if he used the word definately, he would have excluded the possibility of detox not coming out this year.

i suggest you (re-)read the Dawaun parker interview ( part 3 talks a bit about detox and the release date)

by the way, i'm not saying you should have faith in a 2008 release date; it's just that i think you used a bad example to back up your statement.

Havent read the dewaun Parker interview, but i just cant see Dre dropping this year, just look at all the albums which are meant to be comming out, 50, G-Unit, Stat, Eve, Eminem (probably), Busta and i know all of these arent Aftermath albums but in some way they are all affiliated with Dre and he has something to do with them so i doubt he'll drop at the same time. Im not saying it 100% wont come out this year but im 99.9% sure it won't (ino i have no basis but its my opinion)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

Havent read the dewaun Parker interview, but i just cant see Dre dropping this year, just look at all the albums which are meant to be comming out, 50, G-Unit, Stat, Eve, Eminem (probably), Busta and i know all of these arent Aftermath albums but in some way they are all affiliated with Dre and he has something to do with them so i doubt he'll drop at the same time. Im not saying it 100% wont come out this year but im 99.9% sure it won't (ino i have no basis but its my opinion)

again, i respect that you have that feeling, but based on your arguments, i don't see how you're 99,9% confident about detox not coming in 2008.

i mean, the 2008 album release schedule for aftermath/shady/G-unit/interscope is not known to us.

yes it was true that Detox was put on hold a few years ago, so dre could concentrate on "his" artists.

but at this point we don't know which album comes first. i can imagine however that Interscope is more than willing to put out Detox this year ( i think it's safe to say that a Detox release would be platinum certified).

so hopefully you can come up with better arguments  ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 08:52:18 AM by Dre-Day - Sniper of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm pretty sure that the Khalil interview was in 07, he talks about mixing the Jim Jones record and how it's gonna come out soon, when that record came out in January 08. So, the interview was probably in Dec 07.

wcsoldier

Stat ain't droppin an album , after being signed for 4 years he's done , Eve ain't droppin and isn't on the Math anymore, Busta ain't droppin an album in 08 (late 09, early 2010) and 50 ain't droppin in 08 neither.. only albums which are probably sure to be released this year are G Unit, Em and Buck from what he said (not convinced about that though ..)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Stat ain't droppin an album , after being signed for 4 years he's done , Eve ain't droppin and isn't on the Math anymore, Busta ain't droppin an album in 08 (late 09, early 2010) and 50 ain't droppin in 08 neither.. only albums which are probably sure to be released this year are G Unit, Em and Buck from what he said (not convinced about that though ..)

but you probably agree with me that we can't really judge whether those projects cause a delay for detox, since we don't really know which one is first to drop.

wcsoldier

¨^^^^^ yep, anyways no album would delay Detox ... this argument is BS , if Detox was ready, Interscope would drop it 1st ... the release date of Detox is on Dre , not Interscope ...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
¨^^^^^ yep, anyways no album would delay Detox ... this argument is BS , if Detox was ready, Interscope would drop it 1st ... the release date of Detox is on Dre , not Interscope ...

true  ;)

the only thing that bothers me is side projects; i mean, for example in 2006 he put Jay-Z's album and Snoop's album on a higher priority than Detox.

offcourse that doesn't necessary mean that sideprojects always get a higher priority than Detox, but it's a possibility ( i assume Dre is done with his part of the next Eminem album by now though).

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
believe me is detox was ready to drop it would never be delayed, interscope would put all its tip men into gettin that well marketed, EVERYONE would get delayed for that shit, its not about interscope holding dre back, its about dre giving them the album once its ready. i have no expectations on when it will drop, like y'all said, theres nothing to prove it'll drop this year and nothing to prove it will not. I think the interesting part was that they had a deadline of 15th jan but i think i'm sure they had an album done by then but i dont think he really had much buzz outside hiphop forums. I aint even gon lie, i think feel on it was bangin but he aint made a hit yet. Until he aint gotta hit record out his shit aint droppin. So i think interscope and dre realised that even though it would have been nice to drop bishop 1st...kinda like SSLP and then 2001 followed by MMLP....that is alot mo difficult to do this time around. Detox will introduce the world to bishop but now the other problem is he may become a hittman nigga, what if cats aint feeling his shit? hittman was branded boring when 2001 dropped and people felt he wasnt the right followup to snoop from the chronic, then what? his album is pretty much ready, they just making more and more records because there is no release date. Thats just natural when u working on aftermath.

Anyways props on what u done so far, nice to know i didnt miss this shit because i wasnt sure if this was done or not because y'all been talking about it for so long. By the way, is this interview very recent?

props

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Anyways props on what u done so far, nice to know i didnt miss this shit because i wasnt sure if this was done or not because y'all been talking about it for so long. By the way, is this interview very recent?

props

thanks!  yeah the interview was done a little less than a week before i posted it.

AnybodyKilla

props

thanks!  yeah the interview was done a little less than a week before i posted it.

Wheres part 2 at?

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG

props

Wheres part 2 at?

co-sign, they usually wait a couple weeks between two-part interviews.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
yo hows the second part of the interview in comparison to this?  keeping the heat moving?

i look forward to reading it whenever it drops!

AnybodyKilla

I think its time to drop part 2, this thread aint getting any more replies, been long enough!!!

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
thanks for the feedback guys!  part 2 is coming!