Author Topic: Whodini tribute time!  (Read 81 times)

Narrator

Whodini tribute time!
« on: February 26, 2008, 05:27:40 PM »
Since I basically don't listen to any new hip-hop that comes out these days (well, almost none of it, anyway), I find myself going back and listening to the stuff I actually grew up listening to.  Anyway, by chance, I came across my tape of Whodini's "Escape", and I actually searched through my place to find a tape player before putting it in.  And damn, this shit is still as classic as I remember it...we've all heard other rappers sampling "Five Minutes of Funk", "Friends", etc. to death, but this is where it all began.

So...here's a Rapidshare link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/143198/Whodini-Escape-1984-tsn.rar

herpes

Re: Whodini tribute time!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 06:05:39 PM »
these cats dont get the credit they deserve *walks out of thread bumping the freaks come out at night*

Joe Bonanno

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 08:17:46 PM »
shutup nigger and give me that link like you're supposed to

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 03:25:13 AM »
yup, that song is ill, and I really love "one Love" too.I should check some more of their stuff out
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Australian Bastard

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 03:41:48 AM »
 :D Cheers maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyte.  Probly came out before I was born will give it a listen.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 03:44:55 AM by Australian Bastard »

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 05:03:15 AM »
Props, Whodini gets slept on and are deeply underrated
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 06:03:37 AM »
Classic stuff indeed Freaks Come Out was dope! Former Whodini back up dancer JD tried to bring them back sometime in 96 but to no avail...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 06:35:42 AM »
Classic stuff indeed Freaks Come Out was dope! Former Whodini back up dancer JD tried to bring them back sometime in 96 but to no avail...
Oh yeah, I forgot about that ordeal.
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh