Author Topic: Chris Paul should be MVP...  (Read 1112 times)

jeromechickenbone

Chris Paul should be MVP...
« on: February 27, 2008, 08:43:06 PM »
First off let me say that Kobe is the best player in the NBA.  Anybody that argues that doesn't know what they are talking about.  However, the Lakers have such a talented team and deep bench that if Kobe did indeed go down, they'd still make the playoffs in the West.  To me, that doesn't make him MVP.  He should probably have a couple of MVP's under his belt by now, but he doesn't.  And now, eventhough his team is arguably the best team in the league, he has such an excellent supporting cast that the case for him being MVP is the weakest it's been in a few years imo.

To me, there is no player more valuable to his team than Chris Paul.  Without him, the Hornets are easily a lottery team.  With him, they are a threat to beat any team on a given night.  Not that they are better than everyy team, but his presence on that team single handedly makes them a threat.  If he's not on that team, they are Memphis bad.  With him, they are legit. 

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Chris Paul should be MVP...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 08:55:51 PM »
he was the better point guard on the court tonight which is rare to say when phoenix is playing
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 09:53:26 PM »
Kobe is finally the MVP by todays standards (the best player on a top team) but I see they're quickly changing the standards. If Kobe doesn't win I want it to go to Chris Paul. Fuck Garnett, Nash, Nowitzki, etc.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

thisoneguy360

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 10:35:13 PM »
Kobe is finally the MVP by todays standards (the best player on a top team) but I see they're quickly changing the standards. If Kobe doesn't win I want it to go to Chris Paul. Fuck Garnett, Nash, Nowitzki, etc.

MoreSwaggerThanMickJagger

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 01:45:21 AM »
This is how it is,

Kobe is the best player in the nba but Dwight Howard is the real mvp this yr.

Paul and Kobe are right behind though

wcsoldier

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 02:08:15 AM »
As a Lakers fan , I think Kobe deserves it  and wish he gonna get it .. NOW my bias put aside and from a fan of B-Ball as a whole, you definetely made  valid points... I agree with the fact that without Paul on one side and Kobe on the other, the Lakers have a better roster .. Paul makes his teammates better without a doubt but it's on that point I disagree with you (when you said he has an excellent cast...) Kobe has an excellent cast BUT the majority of these players are efficient because of Kobe drawing attention and double teams .. Sasha, Fish, Ronny and Vlad  would look a lot less efficient without Kobe on the court .. imo only Farmar, Odom and Gasol would be able to do what they are doing without reliyng THAT much on Kobe .. still with this thread you bring the most important thing: the MVP should be a two men race between Paul and Kobe .. I'd say give it to the player whose team has the best record at the end of the regular season ..

Now I agree that the rare moments Paul is on the bench , the Hornets looks like let's say a 30-35 wins team .. now the interesting thing is the following question for Jrome and others : with the current roster (considering Bynum and Ariza playing) minus Kobe , how many wins do u think the Lakers would get ?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 10:57:42 AM »
First off let me say that Kobe is the best player in the NBA.  Anybody that argues that doesn't know what they are talking about.  However, the Lakers have such a talented team and deep bench that if Kobe did indeed go down, they'd still make the playoffs in the West.  To me, that doesn't make him MVP.  He should probably have a couple of MVP's under his belt by now, but he doesn't.  And now, eventhough his team is arguably the best team in the league, he has such an excellent supporting cast that the case for him being MVP is the weakest it's been in a few years imo.

To me, there is no player more valuable to his team than Chris Paul.  Without him, the Hornets are easily a lottery team.  With him, they are a threat to beat any team on a given night.  Not that they are better than everyy team, but his presence on that team single handedly makes them a threat.  If he's not on that team, they are Memphis bad.  With him, they are legit. 

LMFAO...so Kobe doesn't get the MVP when he single-handedly carries his team to the playoffs and he doesn't get it when he leads the best team in the west? Then when the fuck does he get it? If Chris fucking Paul gets an MVP before Kobe, you KNOW something is wrong.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 10:58:57 AM »
This is how it is,

WOW...this is worse than saying Chris Paul deserves it. :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 11:08:05 AM »
As a Lakers fan , I think Kobe deserves it  and wish he gonna get it .. NOW my bias put aside and from a fan of B-Ball as a whole, you definetely made  valid points... I agree with the fact that without Paul on one side and Kobe on the other, the Lakers have a better roster .. Paul makes his teammates better without a doubt but it's on that point I disagree with you (when you said he has an excellent cast...) Kobe has an excellent cast BUT the majority of these players are efficient because of Kobe drawing attention and double teams .. Sasha, Fish, Ronny and Vlad  would look a lot less efficient without Kobe on the court .. imo only Farmar, Odom and Gasol would be able to do what they are doing without reliyng THAT much on Kobe .. still with this thread you bring the most important thing: the MVP should be a two men race between Paul and Kobe .. I'd say give it to the player whose team has the best record at the end of the regular season ..

Now I agree that the rare moments Paul is on the bench , the Hornets looks like let's say a 30-35 wins team .. now the interesting thing is the following question for Jrome and others : with the current roster (considering Bynum and Ariza playing) minus Kobe , how many wins do u think the Lakers would get ?

Seriously, how does Paul deserve the MVP over Kobe? Kobe is unquestionably the better player on unquestionably the better team...Chris Paul is in his 3rd season and Kobe is in his 12th season and Kobe STILL hasn't won the award. Don't you think it would be a little disgusting for Paul to get it when Kobe didn't get it these past 2 seasons in the exact same circumstance? To predict that the Lakers make the playoffs in the west without Kobe is absurd (considering Bynum and Ariza are out), when they barely made it WITH Kobe the past 2 seasons. Without Kobe, what separates this team from the Gasol led Memphis Grizzlies? Seriously...some of the shit I'm reading on here is ridiculous. Kobe needs an MVP and he needs it now...Both the Lakers and the Hornets would be in major trouble without their star players, but Kobe is by far the best player in the league and definitely needs an MVP before these young ass cats like Dwight and Paul...that's just mad disrespect. Kobe should be going on his 4th or 5th MVP by now...AT least let him get 1, Goddamnit.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 11:56:29 AM »
i think paul is in a close second place with kobe right now but i still give it to kobe. #1 seed. two hot streaks on the season. i don't see him not getting it this year. he deserves it.....so FAR. we still got march and april to play

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 12:09:52 PM »
If Kobe wasn't with the Lakers, Bynum, Gasol, & Odom could still lead the Lakers to the playoffs. Even in the West.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 12:42:03 PM »
Paul is the man.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 01:02:05 PM »
This is how it is,

Lebron James 4 MVP Lmao at dwight howard being mentioned as a mvp candidate
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 01:03:42 PM by Bay Area Jat »
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 01:03:32 PM »
If Kobe wasn't with the Lakers, Bynum, Gasol, & Odom could still lead the Lakers to the playoffs. Even in the West.

How can you say that when teams like Houston, Denver, Golden State, Sacramento, and Portland are struggling for an 8th seed with their star players healthy? Bynum, Gasol, and Odom? are you kidding me? They're damn good players, but you don't have a clear-cut franchise star on that team...Bynum in a few years could definitely be a franchise player, but if the Lakers of last year barely made the playoffs WITH Kobe, what makes you think they'd make it with Gasol in his place? Especially with all the fucking injury problems we've had and especially considering how much stronger the west has gotten...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 01:03:59 PM »
This is how it is,

Lebron James 4 MVP

LeBron James 4 most overrated.