Author Topic: been listening to Rage's Necessary Roughness lately  (Read 358 times)

Snoopafly-1986

been listening to Rage's Necessary Roughness lately
« on: April 16, 2008, 08:22:03 PM »
it came out in '97 I was like 10 years old so I never gave this album a chance before

I swear Rage is as good as any male rapper I heard and that includes Kurupt

D~Nice

Re: been listening to Rage's Necessary Roughness lately
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 09:41:13 PM »
I actually give Rage the edge lyrically even on some tracks with him during the DR era.

But yeah if Suge would have dropped Rage after Afro Puffs came out we would not even be having a discussion on how slept on she is.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 09:52:00 PM »
I actually give Rage the edge lyrically even on some tracks with him during the DR era.

But yeah if Suge would have dropped Rage after Afro Puffs came out we would not even be having a discussion on how slept on she is.

that track with Daz and Snoop on her album she outrapped both of them lol

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 09:53:56 PM »
i got to get that cd still

D~Nice

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 09:57:33 PM »

Yeah she is just as dope now as she was when she first came out. Microphone Pon Cok was insane too.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 10:02:57 PM »

Yeah she is just as dope now as she was when she first came out. Microphone Pon Cok was insane too.

yeah I like that she had some east coast beats like Premier and Easy Mo Bee on those tracks that fit her style

Kurupt shouldve got some Premier beats for the East Coast Disc of Kuruption :-\

D-e-f-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 12:03:13 AM »

well ...that ain't really too hard, or is it?

HEC

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 05:18:42 AM »

yeah I like that she had some east coast beats like Premier and Easy Mo Bee on those tracks that fit her style

If you want to hear Kurupt over a Premo beat here is the "You Know My Steez" remix with Rage and Guru, I agree that he should have got him on "Kuruption!", one of the best producers of all time

http://www.zshare.net/audio/79870822a71e49/

D-Stress

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 05:50:16 AM »

yeah i love that track.it features madd 1, the reggae dude.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 06:14:48 AM »

Would be great to have a Primo produced album with the West's most lyrical - Rage, Kurupt, Crooked, Ras Kass, etc

D-Stress

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 06:29:14 AM »
yeah primo is the king.

PsychoHustla

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 07:20:22 AM »

If you want to hear Kurupt over a Premo beat here is the "You Know My Steez" remix with Rage and Guru, I agree that he should have got him on "Kuruption!", one of the best producers of all time

what ablum is this from?

HEC

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 01:32:07 PM »

what ablum is this from?

its from the Gang Starr album "Full Clip: A Decade Of Gang Starr", check it out if you are a Primo fan

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 03:17:52 PM »
The album was unbelievable lyrically. The beats were really nice too... I also loved the fact that they even used Pac for a hook (always thought it was kinda cool that gave the label's biggest rapper only for the chorus, who else could do that but Tha Row!)

WestCoasta

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 03:27:57 PM »
I'm not fond of female rappers but I'll bump Rage for sure....