Author Topic: FUck backpackers hip hop purists  (Read 241 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
FUck backpackers hip hop purists
« on: May 30, 2008, 10:25:36 PM »
I hate these motherfuckers.

They think the know everything about hip hop, they think that there brand of hip hop is the releast and that they talk about real shit.

I hate these motherfuckers i cant stand em.

As soon as somehting is on tv they sold out, as soon as a certain beat has something pop in it its fucking trash and not real.

I got told tonight that dr dre, snoop and ice cube is not real hip hop. That if a rapper uses a ghost writter for some songs hes a fake.

These motherfuckers are unreal and the worst part of about them is they act like there right, all of them dont listen to anything else.

Fuck em

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: FUck backpackers hip hop purists
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 10:37:41 PM »
" fuck your backpacks and your wack ass raps"

Chad Vader

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 10:59:47 PM »
Related topics that might support your opinion;
Westcoast artists not focused on guns, money, redundant gangsta bullshit
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=155705.0
West coast.
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=169168.0

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 11:05:07 PM »
Haha, I get what you are saying. Some people are just too ignorant with their musical opinions, and swear that there is nothing good outside of their genre or whatever. I personally love a lot of the hip-hop/backpacker artists, but that's not all that I listen to. Just because rappers make a few radio-friendly songs doesn't mean that they completely sold out and make only wack music, they do have to eat. I have found a lot of dumb backpackers who won't listen to anything but their select group of artists, and also have found people who only listen to gangsta shit and people who just listen to rap, and can't respect the foundation laid down by old rock & roll, funk, soul, and r &b. You don't even have to like everything, but at least respect the talent.
I got a bird's eye view

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 11:09:14 PM »
Haha, I get what you are saying. Some people are just too ignorant with their musical opinions, and swear that there is nothing good outside of their genre or whatever. I personally love a lot of the hip-hop/backpacker artists, but that's not all that I listen to. Just because rappers make a few radio-friendly songs doesn't mean that they completely sold out and make only wack music, they do have to eat. I have found a lot of dumb backpackers who won't listen to anything but their select group of artists, and also have found people who only listen to gangsta shit and people who just listen to rap, and can't respect the foundation laid down by old rock & roll, funk, soul, and r &b. You don't even have to like everything, but at least respect the talent.

Thats intelligent right there u know.

I was with a guy tonight who was so fucking hard headed and purists, they drive me nuts.

This guy who is a mc told me he woulnt do a song with lil wayne cus he has dignity and creativly feels wayne is not on his level.
Now dont get me wrong, im not a fan of wayne but your gona tell me this purist will not do a song with wayne for 50 gs or someshit , to conserve his lyrical identaty or wtv bullshit, fuck outta here. Specialy at the level he is at. If a common woudl say that, ok fine i buy it. but when your flipping burgers...fuck outt here.

J Bananas

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 11:10:48 PM »
I've noticed that especially in Canada backpackers are spreading around spewing their bullshit.
I've been told that hip hop that doesn't sample vinyl isn't pure.
hip hop that talks about violence in any way is played out.
all this coming from canadian crackers who have no idea of where hip hop came from or much less ever stepped into one of those types of communities..
Fucking white people embracing a facet of another races culture then instead of respecting it, totally changing it to suit their needs without so much an apology or recognition that they are sucking the original charm and swagger out of a once controversial, dangerous, beautiful art form.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 11:13:25 PM »
yeah canada is notorious for that, notorious and yuo know why, becuase its fulll of white rappers. So being white some of them feel they cant talk about guns, killing and raping because they dont live that so they talk about their love for hip hop and being pure and all this next bullshit. Im white i dont give a fuck about that shit entertIN me.

I respect where it comes from , i know more about any kind of music then most, dont come to me with that purist shit.

J Bananas

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 11:16:16 PM »
yeah canada is notorious for that, notorious and yuo know why, becuase its fulll of white rappers. So being white some of them feel they cant talk about guns, killing and raping because they dont live that so they talk about their love for hip hop and being pure and all this next bullshit. Im white i dont give a fuck about that shit entertIN me.

I respect where it comes from , i know more about any kind of music then most, dont come to me with that purist shit.

good to see people with that attitude atleast. although theres a couple acts from vancouver that act gangsta and shit and i find it hilarious. it's a struggle for canadian rappers i suppose, hard to find a niche. those guys swollen members are pretty entertaining, i dont think theyd be labeled backpacker or hardcore.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 11:18:35 PM »
I dont realy ahve a problem with "backpack/pureist" type hip hop lke swollen members, common or artists that use premiers beats but when ihp hop purists fans come to me and tell me some rappers are not real or this rap aint real it vexes me u know.

Hip hop aint what it used to be i tell people that all the time but fuck i dont get all defensive and cry about it shit.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 11:44:43 PM »
Just because you can't relate to what some artists are saying doesn't mean it isn't real. I don't like when I hear a bunch of lame rappers try to put on the gangsta front with boring cliche lines, but I also don't like hearing stupid backpackers ramble on about nonsense and try to call it creative for being different. And to not do a song with Lil' Wayne for fear of being too opposite from his style or selling out or whatever doesn't make sense, you can still stay on your subject and not have to compromise your own music.
I got a bird's eye view

Australian Bastard

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 05:53:22 AM »
Word to this thread. backpackers annoy the fuck out of me, i think they are like that way because:

a. they are feminine men

b. because they are white, they want to change thegame to reflect themself more and place themself at the appex where they can hide behind 'conscious hip-hop'.

c. They are often people with loose principles. These are people to whom notions of honour and realness are only words (probably because such notions are not easily explained in writting, so they have never read about it so they haven't learnt it, whereas somethings have to be lived, not read and learned).

A friend of mine, real dope DJ and beat-maker (who happens to be white) lives with a whole bunch of these tools.  I noticed they rarely have any hip-hop that isn't from a white artist (they will have ill bill, necro, remedy, eminem, la coka nostra and if they do have a black artist it will be something soft like Little Brother, etc). They have said to me 'the best rappers are white' and then go on to list all the white rappers. Overfiend finding himself alone in a room of them felt it futile to argue or preach any wisdom of the universe of the truth of allah for the nation of the gods and instead proceeded to smoke away thier weed...

He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious.
-Sun Tzu.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 06:10:39 AM by Overfiend »

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 08:26:46 AM »
That's Why They're A Dying Breed And Have Been For Years, They Know They Get No Respect.....And Are Always Outnumbered...FUCK BACK PACK Bitchez...

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 04:16:22 PM »
Ahaaaaaaaaaahahah.

There's no backpackers in BC.  Suckerz........

Al Bundy

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 04:20:29 PM »
it isn't just backpackers that smell their own piss. every stereotype of rap listeners/artists have their own share of idiocracy

WestCoasta

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 04:36:51 PM »
I tell ya what, I'm fortunate enough to not really come across these types

I never approach people about music, I let them come to me when they find out I got the goods

usually you can tell off the bat if someone has their head right with hip hop

if someone comes at me on some lame shit, I just ignore them

I'd never give some backpacker faggot the time of day to tell me his opinion, I'll already be a block away