Poll

Who wins?

Lakers
36 (55.4%)
Celtics
29 (44.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: 2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics  (Read 15989 times)

E. J. Rizo

Re: 2008 NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics
« Reply #435 on: June 13, 2008, 11:10:40 AM »
Fuckin Kobe needs to stop fuckin around and drive to the fuckin basket... stop taking jump shots... draw the defence and the fouls...

he has only done this in game 3 (yeah the one that they won)

Odom finally showed up...

Gasol is fuckin soft.... Dunk the fuckin ball

and the rest of the team just seems to be standing around when shit starts hitting the fan....

ok vent over...

go lakers... i still think they can pull it off myself... if they all play like we all know they can... they can take this celtics team any day...

if kobe comes out soft for any of these next 3 games its over.... kobe drive the fuckin ball... you are either going to get a high percentage shot/dunk/lay-up... draw a foul and get free throws... or open up opportunities for the rest of the team by drawing the D.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #436 on: June 13, 2008, 11:11:48 AM »
Kobe still > MJ.  The series isn't over.

:stupid:

Keep bangin your head on the wall...Fact of the matter is, MJ only had 1 ring at Kobe's current age. Blaming Kobe on a night he had 10 assists is quite lame, especially when you take into consideration that the defense and supporting cast falling asleep is what lost it.

i dont really blame Kobe. Kobe (as all leaders) should blame himself though. You win and lose with your superstars. Most of the time, when you win its because your stars play well....and lose, because your stars dont. I just think the "Kobe> MJ" thing is obviously a ridiculous statement.

And what's ridiculous about it? Look where Kobe brought his team from last year...And that's without our starting center. Don't trip, Kobe has many more rings in his future.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #437 on: June 13, 2008, 11:14:17 AM »
Fuckin Kobe needs to stop fuckin around and drive to the fuckin basket... stop taking jump shots... draw the defence and the fouls...

and the rest of the team just seems to be standing around when shit starts hitting the fan....

ok vent over...

go lakers... i still think they can pull it off myself... if they all play like we all know they can... they can take this celtics team any day...

if kobe comes out soft for any of these next 3 games its over.... kobe drive the fuckin ball... you are either going to get a high percentage shot/dunk/lay-up... draw a foul and get free throws... or open up opportunities for the rest of the team by drawing the D.

Kobe was driving and dishing all night! It's just that the supporting cast wasn't hitting the shots in the 2nd half...Sasha really stepped it down big time, going 1-9, after his great performance in Game 3. That's another big reason we lost. Odom also went away from what was working...And don't get me started on Gasol, dude has been a mind-boggling player. 3 straight wins wont be easy, but it's achievable, if we can just stick to what works.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #438 on: June 13, 2008, 11:27:47 AM »

ok vent over...

Kobe was driving and dishing all night! It's just that the supporting cast wasn't hitting the shots in the 2nd half...Sasha really stepped it down big time, going 1-9, after his great performance in Game 3. That's another big reason we lost. Odom also went away from what was working...And don't get me started on Gasol, dude has been a mind-boggling player. 3 straight wins wont be easy, but it's achievable, if we can just stick to what works.
ok as much as i have always said "kobe pass the ball" i think now he needs to "stop passing the damn ball" in alot of situations... he can take any of these chumps to school anytime he wants... he needs to start doing it and taking them balls to the basket

and lol at me saying kobe stop passing that damn ball!... wow never thought that would happen... lol

he could have easily done that a couple times down that stretch to slow down the Celtics momentum by getting to the line and slowing down the game.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #439 on: June 13, 2008, 11:28:58 AM »
oh and by the way... the lakers didnt deserve to win last night... plane and simple

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #440 on: June 13, 2008, 11:38:02 AM »
^Fact of the matter is, Kobe can't win every one of these games on his own...he has to get his teammates involved, and that also carries on to the defensive end. I dunno what it is, but for some reason, our players always seem to lose that fire...everyone besides Kobe. It's really strange, considering we know what they're capable of.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #441 on: June 13, 2008, 12:16:24 PM »
^Fact of the matter is, Kobe can't win every one of these games on his own...he has to get his teammates involved, and that also carries on to the defensive end. I dunno what it is, but for some reason, our players always seem to lose that fire...everyone besides Kobe. It's really strange, considering we know what they're capable of.

but what i think is that last night his squad acctually came through atlest in the first half... kobe didnt... he needed to shine and i was really happy seeing that lakers up by 20 at the half and kobe with such low points.... because i figured he is going to step in when its time and get his shine on... problem was it never came... the adjustment of putting pierce on him probably changed his game a bit... but we all know he can school pierce any day of the week.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 12:22:28 PM by E. J. Rizo »

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #442 on: June 13, 2008, 12:20:54 PM »
Garnett >>>> Odom & Gasol combined

Lakers should've traded for Garnett...fo real hahah
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #443 on: June 13, 2008, 12:24:34 PM »

but what i think is that last night his squad acctually came through... kobe didnt... he needed to shine and i was really happy seeing that lakers up by 20 at the half and kobe with such low points.... because i figured he is going to step in when its time and get his shine on... problem was it never came... the adjustment of putting pierce on him probably changed his game a bit... but we all know he can school pierce any day of the week.

in Kobe's defence...he did come alive in the 3rd....his teammates didn't hahah

soft ass biches ---> Odom and Gasol...they aint championship material
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

westsiderider323

« Reply #444 on: June 13, 2008, 12:32:41 PM »
i dont see y evyone hates on Gasol
hes one of tha main reasons y tha Lakers r in tha finals
and of course hes gonna mature and become better

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
« Reply #445 on: June 13, 2008, 12:58:08 PM »
Everyone's Blaming The Lakers For Losing The Game - But What About The Awesome Defense The Celtics Had In The 2nd Half - They Had That Zone On LOCK! No One Was Getting Behind Any Of The Celtic Players (Unlike Sasha, Im Sorry But I Was Laughing When I Saw Him Crying After Letting Allen Drive Past Him)

Anyway - Rooting For The City To Win - Go L.A. - But I'll Give It Up To A Good Boston Squad If They Win It As Well.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #446 on: June 13, 2008, 01:01:03 PM »
Everyone's Blaming The Lakers For Losing The Game - But What About The Awesome Defense The Celtics Had In The 2nd Half - They Had That Zone On LOCK! No One Was Getting Behind Any Of The Celtic Players (Unlike Sasha, Im Sorry But I Was Laughing When I Saw Him Crying After Letting Allen Drive Past Him)

Anyway - Rooting For The City To Win - Go L.A. - But I'll Give It Up To A Good Boston Squad If They Win It As Well.

the only one i will be truely happy for on the celts would be Kevin Garnett fuck the rest

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #447 on: June 13, 2008, 01:15:23 PM »
Oden is back to 100% but now he's stronger than ever from weight training all year.

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
« Reply #448 on: June 13, 2008, 01:17:26 PM »

the only one i will be truely happy for on the celts would be Kevin Garnett fuck the rest

What About The Hometown Kid Pierce?!?

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #449 on: June 13, 2008, 01:24:46 PM »

What About The Hometown Kid Pierce?!?

you mean "Drama Queen of The Year" as Cooper called him out... fuck Pierce too... i dont like his lil attitude and cockyness.. did you seem walk off the court last night when he through his head band at our fans... fuck him.