Author Topic: And Donaghy speaks...  (Read 805 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: And Donaghy speaks...
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 11:42:36 AM »
Why is this turning into a Lakers bash-fest? First of all, I'm the one who posted it! 2nd, if the NBA was rigging games than obviously the Lakers were on the receiving end sometimes. 3rd, as NBA fans you should be upset that games are being fixed regardless of which teams were benefiting.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

WestCoasta

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 12:07:36 PM »
if I may add my two cents and play devils advocate.........

in Game 5, Shaq only had 1 free throw, what's up with that?

also as mentioned, the out of bounds with Webber, was not called properly

therefore leading to Bibby's shot

the Kings CHOKED in Game 7, missing 14 of 30 free throws and barely losing in overtime... AT HOME

and here's the free throw chart for the series.....

Game 1   -   22 to 17  (LAL)  LA wins

Game 2   -  38 to 25 (SAC)  Sac wins

Game 3  -   35 to 15  (SAC)  Sac wins

Game 4   -  27 to 26  (LAL)  LA wins

Game 5  -  33 to 23  (SAC)  Sac wins

Game 6  -  40 to 25  (LAL)  LA wins

Game 7  -  33 to 30  (LAL) LA wins

some games seem fair

the Lakers clearly got more in 4th quarter of Game 6

hell, check out Game 2 & 3... that's a nice margin of FT's.... Game 5 ain't shabby either

but let's be real here, Kings ain't winnin that series  :'(

and lets look at the overall free throw attempts for both teams.... Kings (204 attempts)   Lakers (186 attempts)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 12:10:05 PM by west coa$t »

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2008, 12:17:06 PM »
Why is this turning into a Lakers bash-fest? First of all, I'm the one who posted it! 2nd, if the NBA was rigging games than obviously the Lakers were on the receiving end sometimes. 3rd, as NBA fans you should be upset that games are being fixed regardless of which teams were benefiting.

Real talk, especially your 3rd point..If it was rigged, you must be mad about getting screwed and losing, or disappointed that it helped you win..Hopefully this guy is full of shit, but there sounds like some truth to it. Also, no matter how much help refs give, guys still have to make shots, do some things to win. Bad calls can put them in much nicer position for it though.
I got a bird's eye view

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 12:18:43 PM »

not a shot at you GB

but certain Laker fans here are mad about game 2 in Boston, claiming the NBA has it out for L.A. and "has for years"

statements like that are just plain silly.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 12:24:38 PM »
if I may add my two cents and play devils advocate.........

in Game 5, Shaq only had 1 free throw, what's up with that?

also as mentioned, the out of bounds with Webber, was not called properly

therefore leading to Bibby's shot

the Kings CHOKED in Game 7, missing 14 of 30 free throws and barely losing in overtime... AT HOME

and here's the free throw chart for the series.....

Game 1   -   22 to 17  (LAL)  LA wins

Game 2   -  38 to 25 (SAC)  Sac wins

Game 3  -   35 to 15  (SAC)  Sac wins

Game 4   -  27 to 26  (LAL)  LA wins

Game 5  -  33 to 23  (SAC)  Sac wins

Game 6  -  40 to 25  (LAL)  LA wins

Game 7  -  33 to 30  (LAL) LA wins

some games seem fair

the Lakers clearly got more in 4th quarter of Game 6

hell, check out Game 2 & 3... that's a nice margin of FT's.... Game 5 ain't shabby either

but let's be real here, Kings ain't winnin that series  :'(

and lets look at the overall free throw attempts for both teams.... Kings (204 attempts)   Lakers (186 attempts)

"Horry...for three!"

Good shit, man. 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2008, 12:26:31 PM »

not a shot at you GB

but certain Laker fans here are mad about game 2 in Boston, claiming the NBA has it out for L.A. and "has for years"

How is that silly? If there's a chance that the NBA rigs some of these games, then HOW THE FUCK IS THAT SILLY? Crack, man, you KILL me. I mean, I knew crack kills, but I thought it only kills the person smokin' that shit.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2008, 12:37:30 PM »
if i'm not mistaken but that series was the same series in which shaq got into fould trouble because cetain players kept trippin' over his foot

if i'm not mistaken but that's the same series that all of the lakers front court was in foul trouble and lost games due to the obvious flops by Floppy Divac

if i'm not mistaken but that's the same series in which WEBBER could of and should have been in foul trouble/ fouled out

so say what you will but that series was not bias to the lakers what so ever.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2008, 12:54:00 PM »

not a shot at you GB

How is that silly? If there's a chance that the NBA rigs some of these games, then HOW THE FUCK IS THAT SILLY? Crack, man, you KILL me. I mean, I knew crack kills, but I thought it only kills the person smokin' that shit.

celtics are winnin this series and after that your becoming my beach
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2008, 03:02:56 PM »
Scot Pollard, who played for the Kings in '02, just commented on this incident and claimed that Donaghy has no credibility...LOL. there goes your lame ass theories of the Lakers being "handed" the trophy, King fans/Laker haters. :-*

WestCoasta

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2008, 03:09:05 PM »
Scot Pollard, who played for the Kings in '02, just commented on this incident and claimed that Donaghy has no credibility...LOL. there goes your lame ass theories of the Lakers being "handed" the trophy, King fans/Laker haters. :-*

well, listen... you wanna talk about free throws, just look at the games the Kings won

38 to 25
35 to 15
33 to 23

the only one the Kings can talk about is 40-25

the Kings have an argument but the Lakers have more, to say this whole series was fixed I doubt it

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2008, 03:12:52 PM »

the Kings CHOKED in Game 7,

There shouldn't have been a game 7 in the first place.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 03:14:02 PM »
LMFAO @ lakers fans avoiding this thread.  NIK you should sticky this powerful thread.

LOL they avoided it when I posted it earlier too. Even with the most damning evidence bolded and displayed in 18pt font. In case they missed it, here it is:

Donaghy claims he was told that two refs who were “company men” acting in the interest of the NBA conspired to extend a playoff series in 2002 to a seventh game.

The referees allegedly ignored flagrant fouls committed by the team that needed to win. They also reportedly called "made-up fouls" against the other team which led to the ejection of two of their players. The team favored by the refs won that night and the next game to win the series.

Does any Laker fan care to debate about which series was the only one out of the entire playoffs to go to 7 games in 2002? If not, would any Laker fan care to argue that the Laker have not received at the very least one title that they did not deserve? And at any rate, how does a chin foul an elbow?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2008, 03:15:24 PM »
there shouldn't have been a 4 5 or 6 then cuz the officials were loving the kings.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

WestCoasta

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2008, 03:15:24 PM »
why play this game?

the Lakers should have one Game 5

shoulda, woulda, coulda

Kings argue free throws yet shot more in the series

and the Lakers were robbed in Game 5

the aggressor gets the calls right?  right man? like you say right

Lakers must have been quite aggressive in that Game 6

I give you these statistics for an argument yet you ignore them

there are things from both sides, the Kings arguments don't weight out as much as the Lakers

*haha I saw on another forum someone said they knew the NBA was fixed for the whole Laker 3-Peat

he was a Portland fan....
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 03:18:26 PM by west coa$t »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2008, 03:19:02 PM »
^Turf Hitter is a Portland fan...that's why he's so mad. LOL. He only wishes Donaghy woulda' claimed that the Portland series was fixed, as well.