Poll

Who does he sound best with from what y'all heard?

khalil
10 (58.8%)
storch
2 (11.8%)
focus
3 (17.6%)
dready
1 (5.9%)
danja
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: to all who have heard bishops music...experts, not experts etc..  (Read 198 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
i know there are cats who have done more work with him than some of those i mentioned but i could only fit 5 in...if its someone not named on that list, just say!!

Anyway im still not HUGE on bishop if im honest...sometimes i hear a bishop joint and i appreciate the nigga like damn he good..then other times im like...this one of them pretenders who claim to be a lyricist but really aint anything above whats out there, is just tryna brainwash people into calling him that.

However i see he has potential...and dre wouldnt back him if he didnt think that...right?lol

ANYWAY...who do y'all think he fits best with from what y'all checked so far? I aint no bishop expert but i heard nigga nioze, caltriot, pope mobile and confessional but the first three didnt really get any major replay spins off me past a few joints...

BUT from what i heard i would say so far, he sounds best with scott storch...

I dont know why , i still think that joint he did with scott on pope mobile...the one before the final joint is one of bishops best tracks and should have had a lil more work done on it and kept for his real album. Also i think scotts beat requires a rapper to kinda fit into a beat rather than bring it out...like he needs the rapper to become part of it and i think bishop with his lazy/not hyped flow does that well because i dont think his mic presence is amazing but it sounds real good with scott melody based tracks.

I think khalil is a top producer and makin better shit than scott right now but i think he fits more with someone like game where game has presence and a street jam making ability about him and that brings the best out in khalil beats imo where he can go hard on it whereas bishop doesnt really have that ability to do that yet and just starts babblin about bitches.

Focus and bishop made heat in 'feel on it' but focus drum patterns are really on some 2 cents shit right now, its that bad. I am atually dissapointed in dude but i believed this dude had mad potential. Sometimes the melodies are right but it still sounds amatuer because he cant make a complete beat.

dready and bishop made some nice bangers but i dont think 'it hurts' or shittin on fools is amazing. 'it hurts' actually sounds much better when we heard a snippet rather than the whole track which was a little disspointing in my opinion.

Danja imo has got bishop to spit one of his best if not best aggresive flow with pace on his donkey kong jam and sounds real good with him but i aint convinced yet if bishop can be like that at all times and if they can make shit like that all the time...and improvements for his actual album.

So to me right now...i think bishop and scott storch have impressed as a duo...they may not have made hs best joints...AFRICA should have been on the album...that shit is fire...BUT they seem consistant together and seem comfortable with each others sounds...like they blend...making sense?lol

anyway how about for y'all?? who y'all diggin bishops style with??

pz

Lunatic

Re: to all who have heard bishops music...experts, not experts etc..
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 09:04:19 PM »
easily khalil
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 09:06:54 PM »
easily khalil

looks like his gone run away with this! The joint they did on pope mobile...track 2 i think...that was a heated beat by khalil

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 09:07:33 PM »
easily khalil

cosign but its between him n focus, def. not scott storch all i want is at least half of the album produced by dre. i mean we got all hyped up about aftermath artists when they work wit dre when reallli dre may have done like 3 4 beats of a whole album kno mean
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 10:06:20 PM »
I voted Khalil, but Focus is just behind him.  Only becuase of "On Top Now" and "City Lights"

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 12:08:51 AM »
Must be Khalil. Didn't like Focus beat so much in this new mixtape.

TRG

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 12:14:42 AM »
Yeh its between Khalil and Focus

ima go with Khalil, i just like his beats more. Focus is dope, though he can have some boring ass beats every now n then.

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 01:02:47 AM »
if its someone not named on that list, just say!!

Black Milk (How could u forget him :o)
Dae One
JakeOne

Out of your list I choose Khalil. I hope they made some bangers for The Reformation.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 01:07:37 AM »
Imma have to say Khalil too. Focus is right behind him, i didnt choose him because all his beats are too musical, he doesnt switch it up. Where theres Khalil who can do anything!!!

If The Reformation were to have 12 tracks, it would be crazy to have Dre produce 6, Khalil 4, and Focus 2. With Bishop spittin top notch shit like he is now, it could already be a classic lol!!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 01:12:48 AM by AnybodyKilla »

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 01:12:55 AM »
I say dread because the two track they got on together he killed. 

Al Bundy

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 01:40:44 AM »
to be honest, the only tape i was feeling was caltroit. black milk and bishop should do another cuz i haven't seen the hype in bishops solo mixtapes

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 03:55:58 AM »
1. DJ Khalil (you can tell these 2 have great chemistry)
2. Black Milk
3. Scott Storch (the beats on Pope Mobile were fire)