Author Topic: Kobe Ain't No MJ  (Read 1718 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Kobe Ain't No MJ
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2008, 06:19:07 PM »
Again, compare them at the end of Kobe's career.  As of now, it's not even close when you list accomplishments.  You guys with your hypotheticals can blow it out your ass.  Base it on what actually transpired, not what could have.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2008, 06:31:11 PM »
Again, compare them at the end of Kobe's career.  As of now, it's not even close when you list accomplishments.  You guys with your hypotheticals can blow it out your ass.  Base it on what actually transpired, not what could have.

BUT IF KOBE HAD BILL CARTWRIGHT OR LUC LONGLEY HE WOULD BE THE GREATEST!!!

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2008, 06:41:18 PM »
give Kobe a scottie pippen, not gumby gasol and see what happens...these comparisons are soo dumb just a way to take cheap shots at Kobe.

give MJ a Shaq and watch him win 10 titles
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 06:42:10 PM »
That's the same as saying Jordan fans have a bias towards him, though...LOL

here's the problem NIK

people who say Kobe is better =  a few crazy Laker fans

people who say MJ is better = fans of every other team + sane Laker fans
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 07:20:43 PM »

Lets see...Jordan@29=1 title. Kobe@29=3 titles...Still LOL@"not close when you list accomplishments".

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 07:21:37 PM »
That's the same as saying Jordan fans have a bias towards him, though...LOL

here's the problem NIK

people who say Kobe is better =  a few crazy Laker fans

people who say MJ is better = fans of every other team + sane Laker fans

Your argument would be legit, only there are non Laker fans who says Kobe is as good/better and you sound like a total idiot.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 07:27:36 PM »

Lets see...Jordan@29=1 title. Kobe@29=3 titles...Still LOL@"not close when you list accomplishments".

If Jordan had the most dominant center of all time when he came into the league he would have won earlier than he did.  Your arguement that Kobe has more titles at a certain age is completely meaningless.  Show me how many rings, how many mvps, and how many finals losses are on MJ's resume.

And since you're the king of woulda coulda shoulda, Jordan would have 8 rings and 7 mvps if he hadn't left in his absolute prime.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 07:42:40 PM »

If Jordan had the most dominant center of all time when he came into the league he would have won earlier than he did.  Your arguement that Kobe has more titles at a certain age is completely meaningless.  Show me how many rings, how many mvps, and how many finals losses are on MJ's resume.

And since you're the king of woulda coulda shoulda, Jordan would have 8 rings and 7 mvps if he hadn't left in his absolute prime.

kobe didnt go to college too, 3 years earlier to win

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2008, 08:19:27 PM »

PS...Kobe's already accepted as a top 3 player in this leage. LOL@"maybe a top 5". I, along with many others, put him right at the top.

Thats one thing I agree with...Kobe IS the best player in the league right now.

but Man...watching game 4 with my Laker buddies was depressing...Kobe's team did fall asleep...but Kobe has to be A LEADER! An MVP that wakes his team up!!!!
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

cyence

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2008, 09:40:42 PM »

Shaquille O'neal ...3 Finals MVPs.
Robert Horry had more rings than Kobe and Jordan at 29. Clearly he's the GOAT ::)

Let's look at Beans Finals Numbers
gainst Indiana 1999-2000
15.6 PPG and 36% FG (While Shaq avg. 38 PPG, 16.6 RBDS, and 61% FG).

Against Philly 2000-2001
24.6 PPG and 41.5% FG

Against New Jersey 2001-2002
26.8 PPG and 51.4% FG(the closest he's come to performing like Mike in the Finals)

Against Detroit 2003-2004
22.6 PPG and 37% FG

This year he's avg about 30 on probably something like 30% FG

ZERO Finals MVPS, BELOW 40% fg avg, allowing an embarrassing choke job at home...

95% OF PEOPLE TALKING THAT Kobe>>MJ nonsense are Lakers homers who cant be reasoned with, since Kobe aint even in the top 2 LAKERS of all time. And the other 5% opinions on bball are irrelevant if they make such claims...

« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 10:01:05 PM by cyence »

Corporate Hustler

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2008, 10:34:16 PM »
MJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> kobe

kobe still got a long way to go b4 he can be considered on mj's level and ppl need to stop saying "well in the future kobe is gonna win this n that so he'll be better".. fuck that tell me what he done, tell me what he doin..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2008, 01:56:17 AM »

Shaquille O'neal ...3 Finals MVPs.
Robert Horry had more rings than Kobe and Jordan at 29. Clearly he's the GOAT ::)

Let's look at Beans Finals Numbers
gainst Indiana 1999-2000
15.6 PPG and 36% FG (While Shaq avg. 38 PPG, 16.6 RBDS, and 61% FG).

Against Philly 2000-2001
24.6 PPG and 41.5% FG

Against New Jersey 2001-2002
26.8 PPG and 51.4% FG(the closest he's come to performing like Mike in the Finals)

Against Detroit 2003-2004
22.6 PPG and 37% FG

This year he's avg about 30 on probably something like 30% FG

ZERO Finals MVPS, BELOW 40% fg avg, allowing an embarrassing choke job at home...

95% OF PEOPLE TALKING THAT Kobe>>MJ nonsense are Lakers homers who cant be reasoned with, since Kobe aint even in the top 2 LAKERS of all time. And the other 5% opinions on bball are irrelevant if they make such claims...

You're insane. As if Kobe wasn't the main guy taking over those 4th quarter all throughout the playoffs in the threepeat era, while Shaq sat on the bench half the time in the clutch, either because he was in foul trouble or to avoid hack-a-Shaq. Shaq was always the go-to guy on the Lakers, but it was always clear that Kobe was just as (if not more) vital to the sucess of those teams. He was simply willing to take a back seat, because that's the only way Shaq could have it. Right now, Kobe has surpassed Jordan SKILLWISE. He simply doesn't have the same type of veteran squad that has been in this position before surrounding him. As of now, Pippen, Rodman, Grant, Kerr, Kukoc etc. >>>> Odom, Gasol, Vujacic, Sasha etc. Give it some time...Kobe has lots of it, and he is the better talent. You will see.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2008, 02:02:52 AM »

LOL, yea right, Jordan would have 8 rings?...That's why he lost won he first came back. ::) If anything, Jordan had time to revitalize himself for the next threepeat with that first retirement. Regardless, Jordan DID need dominant players to succeed. It might not have been a dominant center, but Pippen was a dominant defender and was even considered the 2nd best player in the league behind Jordan when they were on top of shit...MJ might not have Finals losses, but there have been years where he didn't even make the playoffs! Finals losses>Not making the playoffs, so that just kills your whole argument of Finals losses meaning shit. Kobe will have at least 6 rings by the time he retires, and who knows how many MVPS. But MVPs don't mean shit...we all know what those awards mean nowadays...PeACe

cyence

• 'G'
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2008, 08:34:40 AM »
LOL Vanessa is that you? Jordan NEVER missed the playoffs, and he certainly never blew a 3-1 lead as Kobe did against Phoenix. Why you making stuff up now? You aint got to lie to kick it
Like I said, a Kobe fanboy just cant be reasoned with.....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2008, 11:08:22 AM »
You're actually right...he never missed the playoffs WITH THE BULLS (but he did with Washington). The point is, he didn't reach the Finals until 1991. He was drafted in 1984. People who are acting like Jordan was flawless need to man up.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 03:01:36 PM by Now_I_Know »